Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CIDP - chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy
marlee4s Offline

CIDP - chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy
I have an atypical type of CIDP in that it does not manifest itself symmetrically. It has affected my right hand, left foot and left vocal cord with paralysis and I also have an abducted right eye. Now my left hand and right foot are numb and losing strength. I also have chronic sinusitis, many allergies and a history of asthma.

The allopathic doctors have determined that the CIDP is an autoimmune disease. I have taken a lot of methyprednisolone, IVIg and recently had two infusions of Rituxan. I am not on any treatment now, but my neurologist wants to start me on a six-month course of Cytoxan.

Can you recommend the best diet and supplements for me?

I will appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thank you very much.
03-13-2014 11:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Anderson Offline

RE: CIDP - chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy
(03-13-2014 11:01 AM)marlee4s Wrote:  I have an atypical type of CIDP in that it does not manifest itself symmetrically. It has affected my right hand, left foot and left vocal cord with paralysis and I also have an abducted right eye. Now my left hand and right foot are numb and losing strength. I also have chronic sinusitis, many allergies and a history of asthma.

The allopathic doctors have determined that the CIDP is an autoimmune disease. I have taken a lot of methyprednisolone, IVIg and recently had two infusions of Rituxan. I am not on any treatment now, but my neurologist wants to start me on a six-month course of Cytoxan.

Thank you very much.

You might want to take a look here:
http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread....ght=myelin
03-14-2014 11:50 PM
marlee4s Offline

(03-14-2014 11:50 PM)Anderson Wrote:  
(03-13-2014 11:01 AM)marlee4s Wrote:  I have an atypical type of CIDP in that it does not manifest itself symmetrically. It has affected my right hand, left foot and left vocal cord with paralysis and I also have an abducted right eye. Now my left hand and right foot are numb and losing strength. I also have chronic sinusitis, many allergies and a history of asthma.

Thank you very much.

Thank you for your reply. I read the article on myelin repair and it is very helpful.
03-22-2014 01:31 PM
Anderson Offline

(03-22-2014 01:31 PM)marlee4s Wrote:  
(03-14-2014 11:50 PM)Anderson Wrote:  

Thank you very much.

Thank you for your reply. I read the article on myelin repair and it is very helpful.

Glad it helped! Smile
03-22-2014 02:58 PM
James Offline
Administrator

The CIPD is autoimmune. I have a write up on autoimmune disorders here that will explain this in depth:

http://www.medcapsules.com/info/Auto_Immunity.htm

The main focus will be on building your adrenal glands. Make sure to avoid stimulants like caffeine and keep your stress down as much as possible. Unfortunately the doctors love to treat autoimmune disorders with steroids, but this actually makes the underlying condition worse by atrophying the adrenals. If you are on steroids there is way to wean off them. This involves using licorice root in place of part of the steroid dose since licorice root prolongs the effects of steroids while also reducing inflammation and building the adrenals. Increasing potassium intake is also a good idea since steroids deplete potassium and cause sodium retention, which is what causes a lot of the side effects of steroids.

Most autoimmune conditions are triggered by microbial infections so I also recommend antimicrobials like chaparral, andrographis, pau d' arco, etc. just in case there is microbial involvement.

For the nerve damage you need to rebuild the myelin. Myelin is 80% lecithin, so I recommend supplementing with lecithin granules, 1 tablespoon 3 times daily. In addition, fish oil for EFAs and you will need a methyl donor. I recommend 1,000mg trimethylglycine (TMG) 3 times daily before meals. TMG can be a little hard to find, but if not in your health food store can be found online. TMG will also break down in to glycine, which will help reduce the nerve pain. You can even take additional glycine or DL-phenylalanine (DLPA) on an empty stomach for pain. Glycine works by raising GABA levels in the brain, which inhibits neural transmissions. DLPA takes a few weeks to kick in but provides long term pain relief. It works by raising the body's dopamine levels.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
05-04-2014 11:42 PM
marlee4s Offline

Thank you so much for your reply. It is very helpful.
05-17-2014 03:23 PM