Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Pneumonia - any herbs?
Anderson Offline

Pneumonia - any herbs?
Hi James!

What would you recommend for penumonia?

Also, what would you recommend for coughing after having a pneumonia?

I had a penumonia for about 2 months ago (had to take antibiotics...what to do...) and I'm still coughing. Doctors say it's normal but it feels like it will never end.

Thanks for any help.
02-18-2014 07:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Anderson Offline

RE: Pneumonia - any herbs?
I saw on the old Cure Zone forum that you mention eucalyptus oil to kill stuff in the lungs. How should it be used? Should it be mixed with something before drinking it?

Is it the same as aromatic or etheric oil?
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 11:55 AM by Anderson.)
02-19-2014 11:54 AM
eoeoe69 Offline

Try to search the chaparral, horseradish and eucalyptus oil recipe from James, it works like a charm for lung infections, you can use also pau d'arco if you dont find chaparral
02-20-2014 12:10 PM
Anderson Offline

(02-20-2014 12:10 PM)eoeoe69 Wrote:  Try to search the chaparral, horseradish and eucalyptus oil recipe from James, it works like a charm for lung infections, you can use also pau d'arco if you dont find chaparral

It's impossible to find Chaparral here in Sweden. I can only find an eucalyptus oil called etheric or aromatic and I don't know if it's the same as essential oil.

I found eucalyptus leaves though and started to make some tea with them... not sure if it's as effective as the oil.

I can easily find pau d'arco and horseradish!

I'll start with those and see if I finally clean my lungs. I can't stand coughing anymore, it's been two months since my lungs were declared clean by the doctor after one week with antibiotics... thank God I have milk and water kefir to rebuild my flora!

Thanks a lot!
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2014 12:53 PM by Anderson.)
02-20-2014 12:51 PM
eoeoe69 Offline

You are most welcome, check this http://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1504296#i i did not remember but they add thyme too

Best regards,
02-20-2014 11:59 PM
Anderson Offline

(02-20-2014 11:59 PM)eoeoe69 Wrote:  You are most welcome, check this http://curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1504296#i i did not remember but they add thyme too

Best regards,

Thanks!

I wonder if the herb alone would work, I mean thyme.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2014 04:44 AM by Anderson.)
02-21-2014 04:42 AM
Anderson Offline

I bought some horseradish and my plan is to cut it into tiny pieces and dry it in the oven (raw food technique) and then make a powder of it so I can put it in capsules or just swallow with water.

Does anyone know if this would work or would it be any damage to the substances I'm intending to benefit from?
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2014 04:34 AM by Anderson.)
02-25-2014 04:33 AM
eoeoe69 Offline

I remember i asked a similar question to James, asking how to dry some herbs using dehydrator, he told be better to put the herbs in/or between papers or newspapers in a ventilated room/ window open. But i dont know with horseradish.

Other idea, (now i just remember), you can use wasabi powder instead.
02-25-2014 07:03 AM
Anderson Offline

(02-25-2014 07:03 AM)eoeoe69 Wrote:  I remember i asked a similar question to James, asking how to dry some herbs using dehydrator, he told be better to put the herbs in/or between papers or newspapers in a ventilated room/ window open. But i dont know with horseradish.

Other idea, (now i just remember), you can use wasabi powder instead.

I'll check if it's easy to find wasabi powder.

Thanks again!
02-25-2014 07:36 AM
P-Bass Offline

I have had pneumonia & now have periodic violent cough due to COPD & asthma so I can understand your position.
If you have access to a Chinese herbal store you may want to investigate Fritilleria Cirrhosa (Chuan Bei Mu) capsules. The ones I use come in a light brown/green/white coloured small box with Chinese writing (the herb ingredient is written in English ONLY on the bottom of the box) containing a plastic bottle of 60 caps.
I find they are relatively quick in their effect in arresting a cough & clearing phlegm/mucus & I only need to take them for a short duration.( 2 caps, 2-3 times a day). Do a search of Fritilleria Cirrhosa to make sure you are comfortable with the use. Lots of good info available.
My wife is Chinese so I leave her to it when I need help. Big Grin
I have always had great results with Chinese medicine/herbs.
All the best to you.
PS: My paternal grandfather is from Jarpen.
EDIT: to clarify name of herb type.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2014 12:43 PM by P-Bass.)
02-25-2014 12:29 PM
Anderson Offline

(02-25-2014 12:29 PM)P-Bass Wrote:  I have had pneumonia & now have periodic violent cough due to COPD & asthma so I can understand your position.
If you have access to a Chinese herbal store you may want to investigate Fritilleria Cirrhosa (Chuan Bei Mu) capsules. The ones I use come in a light brown/green/white coloured small box with Chinese writing (the herb ingredient is written in English ONLY on the bottom of the box) containing a plastic bottle of 60 caps.
I find they are relatively quick in their effect in arresting a cough & clearing phlegm/mucus & I only need to take them for a short duration.( 2 caps, 2-3 times a day). Do a search of Fritilleria Cirrhosa to make sure you are comfortable with the use. Lots of good info available.
My wife is Chinese so I leave her to it when I need help. Big Grin
I have always had great results with Chinese medicine/herbs.
All the best to you.
PS: My paternal grandfather is from Jarpen.
EDIT: to clarify name of herb type.

I'll take a look at that. Thanks a lot!

I'm now unfortunately taking another course of a milder antibiotic since my symptons returned after these 2 months and I had no access to the herbs nor the knowledge on how to use them.

But next time I'll be prepared!
02-26-2014 04:39 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(02-18-2014 07:30 AM)Anderson Wrote:  Hi James!

What would you recommend for penumonia?

Also, what would you recommend for coughing after having a pneumonia?

I had a penumonia for about 2 months ago (had to take antibiotics...what to do...) and I'm still coughing. Doctors say it's normal but it feels like it will never end.

Thanks for any help.

For pneumonia or acute bronchitis I like to mix chaparral, thyme and horseradish root powders in equal parts by weight. For example 1 ounce each of the powders. You can put these in a plastic bag, create a big air pocket and shake them real well so they are blended thoroughly.

If you are doing capsules I recommend 3 size 'O' capsules or 2 size 'OO' capsules 3 times daily before meals.

In addition, I recommend adding 8 to 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to another capsule taken one capsule 3 times daily. This is for adults only, not children.

Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep the mucus thinned out so it is easier to cough up.

The longest I have seen this take to wipe out an infection is 3 days, but I recommend to continue for a few days after symptoms disappear to make sure the infection is completely cleaned up.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
03-29-2014 02:58 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(02-19-2014 11:54 AM)Anderson Wrote:  I saw on the old Cure Zone forum that you mention eucalyptus oil to kill stuff in the lungs. How should it be used? Should it be mixed with something before drinking it?

I have recommended instructions in the last post. It is best put in to an empty capsule or can be mixed in a little honey to make it easier to swallow.

I have not heard of an etheric oil. Aromatic oil can be a pure or a cut oil. So make sure the oil is 100% pure, natural eucalyptus essential oil.

03-29-2014 03:01 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(02-25-2014 04:33 AM)Anderson Wrote:  I bought some horseradish and my plan is to cut it into tiny pieces and dry it in the oven (raw food technique) and then make a powder of it so I can put it in capsules or just swallow with water.

Does anyone know if this would work or would it be any damage to the substances I'm intending to benefit from?

As long as you do not heat the root to much and drive off the oil you will be fine.

You can also use wasabi powder found in some ethnic stores. Or just take a small bite of fresh horseradish if you can tolerate it.

03-29-2014 03:04 AM
Anderson Offline

(03-29-2014 03:01 AM)James Wrote:  
(02-19-2014 11:54 AM)Anderson Wrote:  I saw on the old Cure Zone forum that you mention eucalyptus oil to kill stuff in the lungs. How should it be used? Should it be mixed with something before drinking it?

I have recommended instructions in the last post. It is best put in to an empty capsule or can be mixed in a little honey to make it easier to swallow.

I have not heard of an etheric oil. Aromatic oil can be a pure or a cut oil. So make sure the oil is 100% pure, natural eucalyptus essential oil.

What do you mean by "cut oil"?

Thanks for commenting in this topic!
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2014 04:16 AM by Anderson.)
03-29-2014 04:14 AM
P-Bass Offline

(03-29-2014 04:14 AM)Anderson Wrote:  

I suspect he is referring to the oil being diluted or "cut" with another "filler" oil by a certain %. This is common practice in many product retailing to "stretch" the substance to increase profit. If the oil is 100% pure & natural source, it will be stated as such on the packaging somewhere.
03-29-2014 10:03 AM
Anderson Offline

(03-29-2014 10:03 AM)P-Bass Wrote:  
(03-29-2014 04:14 AM)Anderson Wrote:  

I suspect he is referring to the oil being diluted or "cut" with another "filler" oil by a certain %. This is common practice in many product retailing to "stretch" the substance to increase profit. If the oil is 100% pure & natural source, it will be stated as such on the packaging somewhere.

Thanks!
03-30-2014 01:22 AM
Anderson Offline

Hi!

Just like to leave an update on how I found a solutions to my coughing.

I started to take vitamin K2 in the form of MK7 because I learned that it is good to do so when one is taking vitamin D, which I do during the winter, and my coughing totally disappeared after a couple of weeks together with my GERD / heartburn.

My theory is that it must have to do with calcium metabolism affecting muscle contraction. I believe that now my stomach closes more efficiently and that solved both problems.

And it has been good for a whole year now!

Happy new year!
12-31-2016 04:12 PM