Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Acidic Drinks for Hypochlorhydria?
Ice_Drake1 Offline

Acidic Drinks for Hypochlorhydria?
Hi, James. I have watched the video your friend Markus and you have put together and done quite a bit of readings around your forum before asking you questions given that you should be quite busy maintaining it. Being not of the medicine field, there is only so much I can comprehend. The more I research in various areas, the more confused I become. Since I have lots of areas that I need clarification in and that I don't think you have covered clearly, I will be leaving separate posts in various areas right after this post, so others can benefit from your explanation and clarification in each interested topic.

I will start with the question for acidic liquids. For those who are suffering from hypochlorhydria, which means "lack of stomach acid" (that should be the most of us), we should benefit from drinking more acidic liquids like lemon or lime juice and ginger tea (excluding soda), right? Unless I misinterpreted it, you mention lemon won't help with this problem on your video with Markus and in one of your posts. It contradicts what I have recently learned. From what I understand, lemon juice is a weak acid. It won't break down as easily unlike a strong acid and given that its pH level is quite low. It should help with the digestion system, no?! Please correct me if I am wrong.

Most people with hypochlorhydria tends to have indigestion, experience heartburn, and develop GERD. I assume that drinking acidic liquids would help with all these problems. It should work the same as the digestive bitters you mainly mention, right?
02-08-2014 12:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply