Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Femal Hair Loss
soofyah Offline

Femal Hair Loss
Hi James,

I am a 41 year old female battling alopecia and I have tried many things but regrowth is very slow. I just watched a video on youtube where you addressed the myths of alkaline. I am wondering if the hair loss is associated with limited acid in my body. A dermatologist diagnosed me with traction alopecia but I think there is more going on due to other problems in my body. I have a white discharge and think I have candida. My calves used to cramp a lot but that seems to have stopped lately with my intake of diatamaceous earth. Another problem I have is teeth boneloss. My gums were really bad but oil pulling dramatically improved them. I began losing hair while I was a vegetarian many years ago but have returned to eating meats. Curently I take a vegan multi-vitamin and an omega 3 complex, and I tried triphala, moringa, msm, biotin, and other things but hair growth remains slow. Could the problems in my body be caused by low acid
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 08:00 PM by soofyah.)
01-09-2014 07:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Femal Hair Loss
(01-09-2014 07:51 PM)soofyah Wrote:  Hi James,

I am a 41 year old female battling alopecia and I have tried many things but regrowth is very slow. I just watched a video on youtube where you addressed the myths of alkaline. I am wondering if the hair loss is associated with limited acid in my body. A dermatologist diagnosed me with traction alopecia but I think there is more going on due to other problems in my body. I have a white discharge and think I have candida. My calves used to cramp a lot but that seems to have stopped lately with my intake of diatamaceous earth. Another problem I have is teeth boneloss. My gums were really bad but oil pulling dramatically improved them. I began losing hair while I was a vegetarian many years ago but have returned to eating meats. Curently I take a vegan multi-vitamin and an omega 3 complex, and I tried triphala, moringa, msm, biotin, and other things but hair growth remains slow. Could the problems in my body be caused by low acid

Hair loss in women is almost always from hypothyroidism. If severe enough this can also decrease hair elsewhere such as a lack of eyebrows. Women are more prone to hypothyroidism since high estrogen suppresses thyroid function. This includes exogenous estrogen sources such as estrogen replacement therapy.

The most accurate way of determining if hypothyroidism is present is through basal body temperature in conjunction with symptoms of hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism symptoms can include weight gain in some cases, dry hair and skin, mental fogginess, constipation, cold intolerance, depression, low energy, etc. Lab tests often miss cases of hypothyroidism for several reasons.

Instructions on doing basal body temperature can be found here:

http://www.mountainmistbotanicals.com/fo...hyroid.htm

One way to determine if the cause is likely from thyroid or from "male pattern baldness", which also occurs in women is how the hair is falling out. If falling out all over the scalp then it is more likely to be thyroid. Especially if there is hair loss on other parts of the body as well. If the hair loss is only in the temples and top of the head then this would sound more like male pattern baldness.

Other potential causes include "male pattern baldness", medications and autoimmune alopecia. Autoimmune alopecia is very rare.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
02-16-2014 01:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply