Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Intestinal Gas
dicksonla Offline

Intestinal Gas
Hi. When I was young at 24 yrs old I became very sick and was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Moving forward 33 yrs I'm no longer concerned about this disease except that it has done something to my bowel and has left me with uncontrollable intestinal gas. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat and have tried so many things. Nothing seems to make a difference. I have not been able to enter into a relationship because of the anxiety that it gives me and am asking anyone for advice as to what I can take or do that will help me be normal. I know that everyone has flatulence but when it interferes with your lifestyle, it becomes a huge problem. Thanks everyone who has advice for me. [/b]
01-08-2014 06:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Intestinal Gas
(01-08-2014 06:19 AM)dicksonla Wrote:  Hi. When I was young at 24 yrs old I became very sick and was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Moving forward 33 yrs I'm no longer concerned about this disease except that it has done something to my bowel and has left me with uncontrollable intestinal gas. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat and have tried so many things. Nothing seems to make a difference. I have not been able to enter into a relationship because of the anxiety that it gives me and am asking anyone for advice as to what I can take or do that will help me be normal. I know that everyone has flatulence but when it interferes with your lifestyle, it becomes a huge problem. Thanks everyone who has advice for me. [/b]

Intestinal gas can be from several sources. It can either be from swallowed air, which then expands from body heat or from fermentation of various sugars in the intestines.

Building up the good bacteria in your intestines will help reduce the smell. The good bacteria can be built up with fiber sources such as vegetables and rice or oat bran. Avoid psyllium though since it is notorious for causing gas. Cultured foods, such as kefirs, miso, tempeh, fresh sauerkraut, etc. will supply the live cultures that feed on the fibers.

To help reduce the gas I also recommend adding yucca root fiber to your supplements. The yucca root powder, not extracted, will provide fibers and also provide saponins that are surfactants reducing the gas. Surfactants work by reducing surface tension of the water in the stool allowing the gas to dissolve in to the water.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
02-17-2014 02:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply