Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zinc deficiency or more James?
altptrdnl77 Offline

Zinc deficiency or more James?
I have been having some pretty frustrating symptoms with my body for the last 10 years and longer. Here are a list of what I have:

-Dry, Brittle hair that is turning gray(I am a 28 year old male)
-very dry skin
-slight eczema
-Sunken looking eyes with bluish dark circles and enlarged oil glands under eyes
-vertical fingernail ridges and white spots(currently about 5 of them)
-Low libido a lot of the time
-wake up fatigued every day
-chronic sinus problems with stuffed up nose and mucous in back of mouth
-brain fog
-dry eyes
-adult acne

Digestive Problems:
-White coating on back of tongue mostly
-burping immediately after waking up
-burping and indigestion 5-10 minutes after eating
-acid reflux

I eat a healthy diet, no fast food. Exercise regularly. Very little caffeine or coffee.

James, I have read a lot of your writing over the internet. And from what I have learned from people with similar symptoms is that I might have low stomach acid. Here is my theory: I did have plenty of stress during my high school and college days, and from excessive drinking and exercising I developed a zinc deficiency. And from there I was not able to produce sufficient stomach acid? I have taken a multivitamin over the years (Adam from now foods) that I assumed gave me enough nutrients to recover from a deficiency but after reading over your information I am taking single supplements of l-opti-zinc, a b 50, as well as tmg with some betaine hcl. Is there a possibility I just wasn't absorbing any nutrients at all from the multi?

Would you say that supplementing with these might be the solution to all my symptoms being as no stomach acid means little of any nutrients absorbed? Judging by my symptoms could there be problems with adrenals and thyroid as well? Any further changes in supplementing or adding that you think could help?
01-07-2014 08:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Zinc deficiency or more James?
(01-07-2014 08:09 PM)altptrdnl77 Wrote:  I have been having some pretty frustrating symptoms with my body for the last 10 years and longer. Here are a list of what I have:

-Dry, Brittle hair that is turning gray(I am a 28 year old male)
-very dry skin
-slight eczema
-Sunken looking eyes with bluish dark circles and enlarged oil glands under eyes
-vertical fingernail ridges and white spots(currently about 5 of them)
-Low libido a lot of the time
-wake up fatigued every day
-chronic sinus problems with stuffed up nose and mucous in back of mouth
-brain fog
-dry eyes
-adult acne

Digestive Problems:
-White coating on back of tongue mostly
-burping immediately after waking up
-burping and indigestion 5-10 minutes after eating
-acid reflux

I eat a healthy diet, no fast food. Exercise regularly. Very little caffeine or coffee.

James, I have read a lot of your writing over the internet. And from what I have learned from people with similar symptoms is that I might have low stomach acid. Here is my theory: I did have plenty of stress during my high school and college days, and from excessive drinking and exercising I developed a zinc deficiency. And from there I was not able to produce sufficient stomach acid? I have taken a multivitamin over the years (Adam from now foods) that I assumed gave me enough nutrients to recover from a deficiency but after reading over your information I am taking single supplements of l-opti-zinc, a b 50, as well as tmg with some betaine hcl. Is there a possibility I just wasn't absorbing any nutrients at all from the multi?

Would you say that supplementing with these might be the solution to all my symptoms being as no stomach acid means little of any nutrients absorbed? Judging by my symptoms could there be problems with adrenals and thyroid as well? Any further changes in supplementing or adding that you think could help?

Most of your symptoms sound like symptoms of hypothyroidism. Have you checked your basal body temperature to see if your thyroid is an issue? Basal body temperature is much more accurate than lab tests in detecting hypothyroidism. You can find instructions here:

http://www.mountainmistbotanicals.com/fo...hyroid.htm

It is possible that you are not absorbing nutrients properly since minerals and some vitamins need sufficient stomach acid to be absorbed properly. I recommend also adding a digestive bitter, 1/2 dropper full on the tongue before meals, to your regime. Bitters are great for digestion and acne. Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day when using bitters. They can be found in health food stores under names such as Grape Bitters, Swedish Bitters, Chinese Bitters, etc. Use the liquids since the bitters must come on to contact with the tongue to work.

The low libido could be several things including adrenal issues, which can also affect the thyroid. So it would not hurt to focus on your adrenals as well:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2462

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
02-17-2014 01:55 AM
bharatverma
Unregistered

I just read now people have zinc efficiency can have acne. Are you also suffering from acne problem. You should eat following food and you will be well with it.

Red meat
Eggs
Nuts
Whole grains
Liver
Shellfish especially oysters
mushrooms
sardines
soybeans
lamb
lima beans
pecans
poultry
whole grains
06-24-2015 12:50 AM
Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

(06-24-2015 12:50 AM)bharatverma Wrote:  I just read now people have zinc efficiency can have acne. Are you also suffering from acne problem. You should eat following food and you will be well with it.

Red meat
Eggs
Nuts
Whole grains
Liver
Shellfish especially oysters
mushrooms
sardines
soybeans
lamb
lima beans
pecans
poultry
whole grains

Zinc is only one factor with acne. Iodine can also promote acne as can high levels of testosterone or progesterone. Here is a link to the section on acne:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
08-29-2015 01:06 AM