Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hereditary TIA (strokes)
dog8food Offline

Hereditary TIA (strokes)
Can strokes be hereditary? Supposedly my great grandfather had stroke complications, my grandfather had TIAs, and some of my aunts are experiencing the same thing.

My grandfather had poor circulation, and so do I, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the chances of strokes, or symptoms (like cold hands and feet that I experience).

Some of my relatives take baby aspirin to prevent the strokes, but what are some natural preventative measures that can be taken?
10-16-2013 04:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Hereditary TIA (strokes)
(10-16-2013 04:03 PM)dog8food Wrote:  Can strokes be hereditary? Supposedly my great grandfather had stroke complications, my grandfather had TIAs, and some of my aunts are experiencing the same thing.

My grandfather had poor circulation, and so do I, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the chances of strokes, or symptoms (like cold hands and feet that I experience).

Some of my relatives take baby aspirin to prevent the strokes, but what are some natural preventative measures that can be taken?

There is no evidence that strokes are hereditary. Same with heart disease.

Strokes can occur for a variety of reasons including atherosclerosis, low blood pressure, embolus, thrombus, hemorrhage, some medications, etc.

Some factors that increase the risk of stroke such as arterial inflammation from bacterial infections, inflammatory diets, diabetes, etc. can run in families even though again none of these are hereditary.

Cold hands and feet can indicate Raynaud's disease or Raynaud's phenomena, which can also have a variety of causes. Raynaud's disease is a rare autoimmune disorder. Raynaud's phenomena has multiple causes, hypothyroidism being one of the most common causes.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
01-06-2014 02:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply