Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A list of causes of hypothyroidism
dog8food Offline

A list of causes of hypothyroidism
How many causes of hypothyroidism are there? What are they?
All of my hypo symptoms have finally disappeared except for cold extremities and a low body temperature (97.8).
10-15-2013 11:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charisgal Offline

RE: A list of causes of hypothyroidism
(10-15-2013 11:31 AM)dog8food Wrote:  How many causes of hypothyroidism are there? What are they?
All of my hypo symptoms have finally disappeared except for cold extremities and a low body temperature (97.8).

What did you do to restore your thyroid health?
10-20-2013 11:47 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(10-15-2013 11:31 AM)dog8food Wrote:  How many causes of hypothyroidism are there? What are they?

There are a lot of causes. These include hypothalamic or pituitary dysfunction, hormone issues, chlorine, fluoride or bromine exposure, chronic stress, adrenal problems, lack of iodine, too much iodine from drugs like Amiadarone or from iodine supplementation, thyroid medications, over consumption of goitrogenic foods, autoimmunity, low cAMP levels interfering with iodine utilization, etc.

If you are taking your temperature first thing in the morning as basal body temperature and you are averaging 97.8F then this does not appear to be hypothyroidism. It could be Raynaud's disease, or Raynaud's phenomena from some other reason other than hypothyroidism.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
01-06-2014 03:14 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(10-20-2013 11:47 AM)Charisgal Wrote:  

What did you do to restore your thyroid health?

There is no single herb or substance that will work for all cases of hypothyroidism since there are so many causes. And it can be difficult sometimes to narrow down the cause. This is why hypothyroidism needs to be addressed from various angles.

I have some additional information on this on my Thyroid Tonic page:

http://www.mountainmistbotanicals.com/fo...hyroid.htm

If Hashimoto's then the focus should also include adrenal function.

Weight can also be a factor since fat cells produce thyroid suppressing estrogen. Bitters and plenty of water throughout the day can often help with this.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
01-06-2014 03:19 AM