Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
taking curcumin sensetive stomach
Stuart Kaufman Offline

taking curcumin sensetive stomach
How should I take curcumin so as make it as neutralized as possible. The capsule or powder form is too hard on my stomach.
09-28-2013 12:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Anderson Offline

RE: taking curcumin sensetive stomach
Maybe you could find it with enteric coated capsules, but that would be more expensive.

Or just find another herb with the same desired effect you want from curcumin.

James will probably have some good options in mind.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 03:18 AM by Anderson.)
09-29-2013 03:17 AM
Robynmc Offline

(09-28-2013 12:17 PM)Stuart Kaufman Wrote:  How should I take curcumin so as make it as neutralized as possible. The capsule or powder form is too hard on my stomach.

Hi Stuart

what made you choose isolated curcumin? Have you tried turmeric? I recall from HV's advice on curezone that curcumin in turmeric is poorly absorbed so small frequent doses would work best.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2013 08:21 AM by Robynmc.)
09-29-2013 08:15 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(09-28-2013 12:17 PM)Stuart Kaufman Wrote:  How should I take curcumin so as make it as neutralized as possible. The capsule or powder form is too hard on my stomach.

The first thing I would suggest is to determine why your stomach is so sensitive so the problem can addressed. For example, if you are suffering from gastritis then licorice root can help. If you have an ulcer then licorice root and mastic gum can both help.

Other options include enteric coated curcumin, taking the curcumin with something to coat and soothe the stomach such as slippery elm or marshmallow root, or use a different herb that does not bother your stomach. There are many herbs that have the same benefits as curcumin. If I know what you are using it for I can give you some suggestions.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
10-03-2013 06:47 PM
Stuart Kaufman Offline

What I am using it for... I want to take curcumin because I am older and brain function is reducing. I have chronic (30 years) insomnia and most herbs for the brain like Ginkgo over stimulate me. Also I have inflammation problems since a toddler and curcumin is suppose to be good for that too. My digestion issues (spastic colon, constipation, diarrhea) have been studied for decades and no solution has been found. I have sensitivities to both licorice and mastic gum... slippery elm is fine but not of much help.
If I could just sleep life would be better. I have tried Valerian and all the other herbs. Marijuana once helped but I couldn't find the same strain again and that was the only one that worked.
10-04-2013 11:40 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(10-04-2013 11:40 AM)Stuart Kaufman Wrote:  What I am using it for... I want to take curcumin because I am older and brain function is reducing. I have chronic (30 years) insomnia and most herbs for the brain like Ginkgo over stimulate me. Also I have inflammation problems since a toddler and curcumin is suppose to be good for that too. My digestion issues (spastic colon, constipation, diarrhea) have been studied for decades and no solution has been found. I have sensitivities to both licorice and mastic gum... slippery elm is fine but not of much help.
If I could just sleep life would be better. I have tried Valerian and all the other herbs. Marijuana once helped but I couldn't find the same strain again and that was the only one that worked.

Have you tried lecithin granules for brain function? The phospholipids in lecithin help increase acetylcholine in the brain and help with the formation of brain tissue.

Lecithin also has various other health effects such as lowering cholesterol, cleaning plaque out of the arteries, preventing gallstones, weight loss, etc.

Spastic colon and diarrhea can be helped with magnesium malate. But the alternating constipation and diarrhea sounds like IBS, which can be helped by building up the intestinal flora. Cultured vegetables and other cultured foods along with fiber sources work the best for this. Don't use psyllium for a fiber source though as it can cause a lot of bloating.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
10-28-2013 01:39 AM