Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thoughts on cellulite and loose skin?
betterandbetter Offline

Thoughts on cellulite and loose skin?
I deeply respect the information offered and shared on this fantastic site and hate to have such a trivial question in the big scheme of health questions but I have to wonder if "cellulite" doesn't point to a bigger health issue? I'm 46, 5'8" 125lbs. Fit, active. I have friends with poor diets and more body fat with NO cellulite. If I lift the skin on my thighs it "goes away" so maybe it's a skin quality issue. I'm planning on DE drinks with ACV, more Vitamin C from foods. Avocado oil on my legs. My question is: Can the bumps be eliminated or just held at bay? Are there any other suggestions? Kind Thanks.
09-20-2013 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Thoughts on cellulite and loose skin?
(09-20-2013 01:22 PM)betterandbetter Wrote:  I deeply respect the information offered and shared on this fantastic site and hate to have such a trivial question in the big scheme of health questions but I have to wonder if "cellulite" doesn't point to a bigger health issue? I'm 46, 5'8" 125lbs. Fit, active. I have friends with poor diets and more body fat with NO cellulite. If I lift the skin on my thighs it "goes away" so maybe it's a skin quality issue. I'm planning on DE drinks with ACV, more Vitamin C from foods. Avocado oil on my legs. My question is: Can the bumps be eliminated or just held at bay? Are there any other suggestions? Kind Thanks.

Here is a short article I did on cellulite:

http://www.medcapsules.com/info/Cellulite.htm

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
10-01-2013 10:12 PM
betterandbetter Offline

I truly thank you James.

I will continue to trampoline, dry skin brush and add Nettle leaf, Gotu Kola, and Butchers Broom to my regimen. (DE drinks in the morning with a splash of ACV and gelatin drinks before bed)

I've assumed, since I began to notice the bumps, that I must be missing some nutrient...
10-02-2013 11:10 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(10-02-2013 11:10 AM)betterandbetter Wrote:  I truly thank you James.

I will continue to trampoline, dry skin brush and add Nettle leaf, Gotu Kola, and Butchers Broom to my regimen. (DE drinks in the morning with a splash of ACV and gelatin drinks before bed)

I've assumed, since I began to notice the bumps, that I must be missing some nutrient...

Silica and vitamin C deficiencies are the two most common deficiencies that lead to connective tissue breakdown.

10-03-2013 05:45 PM
betterandbetter Offline

Do you believe that once connective tissue is broken down, and the cellulite appears, can it be REVERSED? (Skin returns to a smooth youthful look?) Or can vitamin C and Silica just stop further breakdown?
10-06-2013 07:13 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(10-06-2013 07:13 PM)betterandbetter Wrote:  Do you believe that once connective tissue is broken down, and the cellulite appears, can it be REVERSED? (Skin returns to a smooth youthful look?) Or can vitamin C and Silica just stop further breakdown?

The body has the power to regenerate tissues. If you can restore the structural proteins in the skin then the skin can restore over time as the old skin gets replaced by new skin cells.

10-28-2013 02:09 AM
Hypo Offline

Hi James,

I'm wondering: Do you replies also apply to stretch marks?
11-01-2013 02:54 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(11-01-2013 02:54 AM)Hypo Wrote:  Hi James,

I'm wondering: Do you replies also apply to stretch marks?

Stretch marks can also respond to nutrients and herbs that increase collagen and elastin. For example, silica and vitamin C sources and the herb gotu kola.

12-31-2013 06:11 AM