Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
neuropathic facial pain
fireops555 Offline

neuropathic facial pain
My wife has been dealing with this for over 5 years. She is under pain management w/o relief. Trigeminal nerve has been ruled out by multiple physicians, including neurologists, dentists. Do you know of any modalities for this. The nerve possibly affected is the nasopalatine nerve. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you
09-19-2013 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: neuropathic facial pain
(09-19-2013 11:00 PM)fireops555 Wrote:  My wife has been dealing with this for over 5 years. She is under pain management w/o relief. Trigeminal nerve has been ruled out by multiple physicians, including neurologists, dentists. Do you know of any modalities for this. The nerve possibly affected is the nasopalatine nerve. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you

The nasopalatine nerve is a branch of the trigeminal nerve. The problem could be the result of an infection and/or inflammation of the nerve where they reach the teeth.

One option would be to try high doses of pau 'd arco. Pau d' arco contains 18 antiseptics and 5 anti-inflammatory compounds so it will cover both bases. I recommend 4 capsules, or 1/2 tsp powder, 4 times daily on an empty stomach. She can also put some pau d' arco on her toothpaste when brushing her teeth to help kill bacteria on the teeth.

The amino acid DL-phenylalanine is also good for chronic pain. It elevates dopamine, which is the body's natural pain killer. It needs to be taken on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes and it takes about 2 weeks to build up and take effect.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
10-01-2013 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply