Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is oregano oil useless?
Anderson Offline

Is oregano oil useless?
Conclusion

Oil of oregano, and the claims attached to it, is a great example of how interesting laboratory findings can be wildly exaggerated to imply meaningful effects in humans. A few small studies have been conducted, mainly in the lab, and advocates argue this is evidence of effectiveness. The rest is all anecdotes.

Despite the hype, there is no persuasive evidence to demonstrate that oil of oregano does anything useful in or on our bodies. And while it is popular, there is no science to support the use of oil of oregano for any medical condition. Suggesting that this herb is can effectively treat serious medical conditions like diabetes, asthma, and cancer is foolish and dangerous. If you’re ill, stick to the proven science, and save your oregano for cooking.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/oil-of-oregano/
09-14-2013 12:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JC73 Offline

RE: Is oregano oil useless?
(09-14-2013 12:49 PM)Anderson Wrote:  Conclusion

Oil of oregano, and the claims attached to it, is a great example of how interesting laboratory findings can be wildly exaggerated to imply meaningful effects in humans. A few small studies have been conducted, mainly in the lab, and advocates argue this is evidence of effectiveness. The rest is all anecdotes.

Despite the hype, there is no persuasive evidence to demonstrate that oil of oregano does anything useful in or on our bodies. And while it is popular, there is no science to support the use of oil of oregano for any medical condition. Suggesting that this herb is can effectively treat serious medical conditions like diabetes, asthma, and cancer is foolish and dangerous. If you’re ill, stick to the proven science, and save your oregano for cooking.

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/oil-of-oregano/

Oregeno oil caused me all kinds of problems and I think it may have caused rebound candida to get stronger.I consider it dangerous.
09-15-2013 05:27 AM
Anderson Offline

Thanks for sharing your experience!
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 01:49 PM by Anderson.)
09-15-2013 01:48 PM
Anderson Offline

I remember now that James wrote somewhere that Thyme oil is much more effective than oregano oil. It is also cheaper and less irritant to the tissues.
01-07-2015 02:04 PM