Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thermogenic herbs
phoggie Offline

Thermogenic herbs
What are safe and non-stimulating thermogenic herbs i can take for weight loss and in what proportions? Thanks.
09-13-2013 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Thermogenic herbs
(09-13-2013 12:15 PM)phoggie Wrote:  What are safe and non-stimulating thermogenic herbs i can take for weight loss and in what proportions? Thanks.

Many spices are thermogenic, such as cayenne pepper, ginger, turmeric, etc. You can incorporate these in to your diet.

Coleus forskohlii is a safe thermogenic, but should be combined with certain other herbs to prolong the thermogenic effects. Nettle leaf is a good choice or if you do not have adrenal issues yerba mate' can be used. I recommending 2 parts of the coleus forskohlii with 1 part of the nettle leaf or yerba mate' with a recommended dose of 1/3 tsp 3 times daily before meals. Coleus can lower blood pressure as well, so if you already have low blood pressure the yerba mate' can help counter the blood pressure lowering effect of the coleus forskohlii.

Also try drinking your water ice cold, which burns a lot of calories as does exposure to cold air as the body has to expend a lot more calories to maintain its temperature.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
09-13-2013 09:59 PM
phoggie Offline

Thanks for the response.
While i was trying to locate a source for coleus forskohlii, i found this from mountainroseherbs:

https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/cap/ph...php#c_g_ts

Thyroid Support Capsules
The health of the thyroid gland impacts how you feel on a daily basis. Because it helps regulate metabolism, every major system in the body is affected by altered levels of thyroid hormones. Gaia Herbs' unique formula supports normal thyroid hormone production, helping you maintain optimal weight, neuromuscular tone, and cardiovascular health. Not for long-term use.
Contains: L-Tyrosine, Coleus Root (Coleus forskholii), Ashwagandha Root (Withania somnifera), Schisandra Berry (Schisandra chinensis), Kelp Fronds (Laminaria digitata), Bladderwrack Fronds (Fucus vesiculosus), Vegetable Glycerin, Soy Lecithin, Vegetable cellulose (capsule). Each capsule contains the equivalent of 1350 mg. crude herb.
60 capsules per bottle

What made me wonder is the statement 'not for long-term' use. Other than the bladderwrack it is what you recommend for the most part, so i'm wondering if this is something to be concerned about?

BTW they don't have coleus forskholii, do you have any i can buy from you? Also i'm looking for jiaogulan.

Thanks.
03-30-2014 07:54 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(03-30-2014 07:54 PM)phoggie Wrote:  Thanks for the response.
While i was trying to locate a source for coleus forskohlii, i found this from mountainroseherbs:

https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/cap/ph...php#c_g_ts

Thyroid Support Capsules
The health of the thyroid gland impacts how you feel on a daily basis. Because it helps regulate metabolism, every major system in the body is affected by altered levels of thyroid hormones. Gaia Herbs' unique formula supports normal thyroid hormone production, helping you maintain optimal weight, neuromuscular tone, and cardiovascular health. Not for long-term use.
Contains: L-Tyrosine, Coleus Root (Coleus forskholii), Ashwagandha Root (Withania somnifera), Schisandra Berry (Schisandra chinensis), Kelp Fronds (Laminaria digitata), Bladderwrack Fronds (Fucus vesiculosus), Vegetable Glycerin, Soy Lecithin, Vegetable cellulose (capsule). Each capsule contains the equivalent of 1350 mg. crude herb.
60 capsules per bottle

What made me wonder is the statement 'not for long-term' use. Other than the bladderwrack it is what you recommend for the most part, so i'm wondering if this is something to be concerned about?

BTW they don't have coleus forskholii, do you have any i can buy from you? Also i'm looking for jiaogulan.

Thanks.

I have been researching coleus forskohlii for many years and have never seen anything that would make it unsafe for long-term use. The only issues would be in cases of low blood pressure or low heart rate since it lowers blood pressure and heart rate or if taking cardiac glycosides like Digoxin.

I do have the coleus powder handy, but would have to find the jiaogulan powder.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
05-02-2014 01:17 AM