Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Peroxide or msm in helping COPD
Zenfluence Offline

Question Peroxide or msm in helping COPD
Hello James

My father was diagnosed with Copd about 6 years ago (he had quit smoking maybe 8 years prior to that), it has progressed to where he's on 2-3L Oxygen pretty much all the time while inside but can consistently go without outdoors in decent weather.

I had recently started making a reasonably strong Ginger n Lemon tea by the gallon to try help thin his mucous problems.

My question is there any validity to claims ive read on the net saying that Msm and/or food grade Peroxide (properly diluted) can help copd sufferers through nebulizer use? I feel like ive tried everything under the sun, but the constant mucous buildup seem to land him in the hospital atleast every 1-2 months now, I kinda fear the overload of Antibiotic use is wreaking the good bacteria in his system leading to increased vulnerability to further illness. Also any opinion on having him take Olive leaf pills for anti viral and NAC to reduce flare-ups (on a regular basis)?
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013 01:30 PM by Zenfluence.)
08-30-2013 10:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Peroxide or msm in helping COPD
(08-30-2013 10:03 AM)Zenfluence Wrote:  Hello James

My father was diagnosed with Copd about 6 years ago (he had quit smoking maybe 8 years prior to that), it has progressed to where he's on 2-3L Oxygen pretty much all the time while inside but can consistently go without outdoors in decent weather.

I had recently started making a reasonably strong Ginger n Lemon tea by the gallon to try help thin his mucous problems.

My question is there any validity to claims ive read on the net saying that Msm and/or food grade Peroxide (properly diluted) can help copd sufferers through nebulizer use? I feel like ive tried everything under the sun, but the constant mucous buildup seem to land him in the hospital atleast every 1-2 months now, I kinda fear the overload of Antibiotic use is wreaking the good bacteria in his system leading to increased vulnerability to further illness. Also any opinion on having him take Olive leaf pills for anti viral and NAC to reduce flare-ups (on a regular basis)?

Contrary to what the doctors claim COPD can be reversed. It just takes time. You did not specify what form of COPD, but I am assuming either chronic emphysema or bronchitis. In both of these cases the alveoli in the lungs have lost elastin and thus their elasticity. Elastin is restored primarily by supplementing with silica and vitamin C, which are the primary deficiencies leading to collagen and elastin deficiency disorders.

For silica though using the diatomaceous earth in water is the best way to get the silica. Bamboo is also a good source of silica if using capsules. Don't use horsetail grass (shavegrass) since it can constrict blood vessels impeding circulation.

The NAC can help thin out the mucus as can supplementing with cayenne pepper. A diluted peroxide can be used in a nebulizer to help control infections and to break up mucus. I would not go any higher than a 1% solution though.

When there is a respiratory infection here is an old post I did on how to treat respiratory infections:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1504296#i

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
09-04-2013 03:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply