Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lack of Smell/Taste
Robynmc Offline

Lack of Smell/Taste
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could pinpoint exactly what is going on so that I have a starting point for treatment.

I can't always taste or smell and sometimes I have to block my left nostril and expel air out the right nostril to smell/taste (sounds random i know). When I do this it doesn't always allow me to smell/taste though.

Does this sound like a sinus infection? Nasal polyps? A deficiency of some sort?

If you need any further information please reply.

Thanks for any help you can provide Smile
08-24-2013 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Lack of Smell/Taste
(08-24-2013 01:14 PM)Robynmc Wrote:  Hi

I was wondering if anyone could pinpoint exactly what is going on so that I have a starting point for treatment.

I can't always taste or smell and sometimes I have to block my left nostril and expel air out the right nostril to smell/taste (sounds random i know). When I do this it doesn't always allow me to smell/taste though.

Does this sound like a sinus infection? Nasal polyps? A deficiency of some sort?

Usually a loss of taste and smell is the result of a zinc deficiency. I recommend 50mg daily with larger meals.

If this does not help after a little while then having your sinuses checked for things like growths or infections would be a good idea. If your sense of smell is impeded this will adversely affect your sense of taste.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
08-26-2013 07:43 AM
Robynmc Offline

RE: Lack of Smell/Taste
(08-26-2013 07:43 AM)James Wrote:  
(08-24-2013 01:14 PM)Robynmc Wrote:  Hi

Usually a loss of taste and smell is the result of a zinc deficiency. I recommend 50mg daily with larger meals.

If this does not help after a little while then having your sinuses checked for things like growths or infections would be a good idea. If your sense of smell is impeded this will adversely affect your sense of taste.

Thank you James!

I have found one that has the following ingredients ...

Iodine (as kelp) 53 mcg
Zinc (as Zinc Amino Acid Chelate) 50 mg
Copper (as Copper Amino Acid Chelate) 2 mg

http://shop.allstarnutrition.co.uk/solar...3161-p.asp

Is this suitable?

thanks
08-26-2013 04:53 PM