Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lots of tests but no diagnosis only symptoms please help
JanineM Offline

Lots of tests but no diagnosis only symptoms please help
Hi I have been having dry eye symptoms along with body dryness for 2 months. I had some oil of oregano/ olive infusion of store bought oregano leaves I made myself with olive oil & oregano then my lymphs started swelling a bit around the same time as these symptoms began. I immediately did some coconut oil pulling & I thought it soothed my throat. I also had started black seed oil (nigella sativa) around that time but IDK if this had any significance what so ever. A week later I felt tingling/numbness in my hand while on my runs. Then I had neck pain as well as lymph so I thought I had hashimotos thyroiditus then that settled down but Im left with dryness. All of my tests from rheumatologists came back negative from sjogrens, lupus etc. My RA negative anti ro anti ssb negative my ana was low subclinical positive. Went to get thyroid checked from endocrinologist negative for thyroid. My iron stores ferritins are low at 15 probably from heavy periods for so long and also had tingling/numbness in hands every so often & have been taking a megafood iron. The iron did seem to help the numbness in fingers.Also docs think I have adenomyosis that Ive been dealing with naturally for 5 years after csection thought it was endometriosis but he says no because I have 5 kids but its still very painful during ovulation lots of inflammation. But have not gotten it diagnosed by lap yet. I supplement only with health food vitin e fish oils evening primrose now because it seems I am having side effects to many herbals.Need help especially with the dry eyes. My mouth only gets dry once in a while its typical more in throat. My hair is dry and has thinned but seems to get better with the iron. So Im wondering do I have Sjogrens but its not showing on bloodwork? I also in 2 months do sometimes get strange clicking noises (cracking) noises in joints but no pain. I think stress/anxiety induced. Wish I had a cure. Acupuncture I'm sure will help but its costly. Rheumatologist left me with looking into nutritional deficiency that's all. Ophthalmologist did say my meibian glands were clogged. Finding coffee/caffeine actually helps with dry eye but is bad for adenomyosis pain as well as the iron pills. Its a catch 22! I'm left helpless not knowing if I should get my uterous removed or this may stir up an autoimmune condition I may have. Also no one seems to have a dry eye cure. Restasis is toxic and put a pinch pain in my kidney. I am never using a pharma drug again. Should have known better. I just cannot figure this out. Am dieing to beat this whatever is going on. Not sure whether just to keep dealing with the adenomyosis & heavy bleeding or if this is destroying me & causing possible other complications. Ive become depressed at this point! Very confused please help! I am a mother of 5 active runner & study holistic alternative medicine as well but throw my hands up in the air as to where to go from here. I have one last doc to visit and that's the GI doc. I've seen everybody else.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2013 06:05 PM by JanineM.)
08-09-2013 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Lots of tests but no diagnosis only symptoms please help
(08-09-2013 11:56 AM)JanineM Wrote:  Hi I have been having dry eye symptoms along with body dryness for 2 months. I had some oil of oregano/ olive infusion of store bought oregano leaves I made myself with olive oil & oregano then my lymphs started swelling a bit around the same time as these symptoms began. I immediately did some coconut oil pulling & I thought it soothed my throat. I also had started black seed oil (nigella sativa) around that time but IDK if this had any significance what so ever. A week later I felt tingling/numbness in my hand while on my runs. Then I had neck pain as well as lymph so I thought I had hashimotos thyroiditus then that settled down but Im left with dryness. All of my tests from rheumatologists came back negative from sjogrens, lupus etc. My RA negative anti ro anti ssb negative my ana was low subclinical positive. Went to get thyroid checked from endocrinologist negative for thyroid. My iron stores ferritins are low at 15 probably from heavy periods for so long and also had tingling/numbness in hands every so often & have been taking a megafood iron. The iron did seem to help the numbness in fingers.Also docs think I have adenomyosis that Ive been dealing with naturally for 5 years after csection thought it was endometriosis but he says no because I have 5 kids but its still very painful during ovulation lots of inflammation. But have not gotten it diagnosed by lap yet. I supplement only with health food vitin e fish oils evening primrose now because it seems I am having side effects to many herbals.Need help especially with the dry eyes. My mouth only gets dry once in a while its typical more in throat. My hair is dry and has thinned but seems to get better with the iron. So Im wondering do I have Sjogrens but its not showing on bloodwork? I also in 2 months do sometimes get strange clicking noises (cracking) noises in joints but no pain. I think stress/anxiety induced. Wish I had a cure. Acupuncture I'm sure will help but its costly. Rheumatologist left me with looking into nutritional deficiency that's all. Ophthalmologist did say my meibian glands were clogged. Finding coffee/caffeine actually helps with dry eye but is bad for adenomyosis pain as well as the iron pills. Its a catch 22! I'm left helpless not knowing if I should get my uterous removed or this may stir up an autoimmune condition I may have. Also no one seems to have a dry eye cure. Restasis is toxic and put a pinch pain in my kidney. I am never using a pharma drug again. Should have known better. I just cannot figure this out. Am dieing to beat this whatever is going on. Not sure whether just to keep dealing with the adenomyosis & heavy bleeding or if this is destroying me & causing possible other complications. Ive become depressed at this point! Very confused please help! I am a mother of 5 active runner & study holistic alternative medicine as well but throw my hands up in the air as to where to go from here. I have one last doc to visit and that's the GI doc. I've seen everybody else.

The symptoms sound like not a singular thing going on but rather several. Many of your symptoms do fit hypothyroidism, which is commonly missed with lab tests. Try doing your basal body temperature for at least one week instead. It is low tech, but much more accurate than lab tests for hypothyroidism. I have instructions on my Thyroid Tonic informational page:

http://mountainmistbotanicals.com/formulas/thyroid.htm

Dry eyes and mucus membranes can also occur from vitamin A deficiencies. You can try supplementing with some vitamin A. Not beta carotene but actual vitamin A. Be careful with your intake though because vitamin A can be toxic. I recommend 10,000IU 3 times a week for a month to build up your liver stores.

I also recommend a sublingual B12 as methylcobalamin, not cyanocobalamin, 2,000-5,000mcg also 3 times a week to build up your liver stores. This may help with the nerve issues.

See how you respond to these suggestions first, which can help provide clues as to what is going on and let me know in 2-4 weeks to allow some time for things to take effect.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
08-26-2013 05:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply