Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
old forum
Ariana Offline

old forum
I am new to this site. First I stumbled over the old forum, where I posted 3 questions, then I realized that there is a new forum. Do I need to repost them here?
08-01-2013 07:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Anderson Offline

RE: old forum
I would...
08-09-2013 06:31 AM
Gnosis Offline

Hello, James, I had the thyroid removed in '74 and have been taking T-100 and Symplex F glandulars. Almost all websites and forums giving data are for people who still have thyroids. I take my basal temperature in the a.m. I am on a diet of mostly fresh fruits (juicing and smoothies) and vegetables and follow some of David Wolfe's recipes. Anything I could focus on with regard to helping the body with an extracted thyroid?
09-21-2013 03:32 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(08-01-2013 07:38 AM)Ariana Wrote:  I am new to this site. First I stumbled over the old forum, where I posted 3 questions, then I realized that there is a new forum. Do I need to repost them here?

It would be best. The old forum should not even be active. It was only left as an archive.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
09-22-2013 08:15 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(09-21-2013 03:32 AM)Gnosis Wrote:  Hello, James, I had the thyroid removed in '74 and have been taking T-100 and Symplex F glandulars. Almost all websites and forums giving data are for people who still have thyroids. I take my basal temperature in the a.m. I am on a diet of mostly fresh fruits (juicing and smoothies) and vegetables and follow some of David Wolfe's recipes. Anything I could focus on with regard to helping the body with an extracted thyroid?

You are going to be very limited on what you can do since the thyroid gland is no longer present. This means you will have to use pharmaceutical thyroid medications, which can include pharmaceutical thyroid glandulars. Over the counter thyroid glandulars from health food stores will not work since thyroid hormones must be removed from over the counter glandulars by Federal law.

Your main focus should be on protecting your bones from the thyroid medications as these are well known for causing bone loss. Nettle leaf, alfalfa and seaweeds are some good choices for bone health.

The other thing I would recommend would be coleus forskohlii, which helps improve the uptake of iodine by cells. This includes the iodine in the glandulars you are taking. This way you can limit your intake of the thyroid medications reducing the risk of side effects.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
09-22-2013 08:39 PM
Charisgal Offline

Hi James! Not sure where to post this but are you or have you considered transferring all your wonderful posts from CZ to here? The posts with the wonderful information and help for people? I've copied them, as much as possible, for my own personal use, since your Truth in Medicine began! Just be a real shame for all that information to be lost. I know CZ still has the forum and all the posts, but who knows if one day they decide to delete it. Just a thought. Hope you are well!!

Marci
aka "MamacatPatch" from CZ Smile
06-14-2014 09:22 AM