Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TMG Hydroxide ???
Gen129 Offline

TMG Hydroxide ???
Hi James,

I have been looking at all the info on TMG, and decided to give it a try. Rather than waiting a few weeks to order from the internet, I decided to go to my local health shop to pick up some TMG. I ended up buying the NOW brand TMG, because it's the only one they had.

This morning I took a tablet at breakfast, and decided to look up what you had to say about hydroxide forms of minerals, as the NOW brand sells the TMG in the form of Trimethylglycine Hydroxide. I am now scared to take anymore of this supplement.

You usually mention the dangers of calcium and the magnesium hydroxide, probably due to popularity, and I did remember this at the store, but now, looking over all you have to say about hydroxide, I'm thinking that any supplement in the form of hydroxide is bad.

So, is anything in the hydroxide form bad to take? Should I just trash this product, and order quality TMG?

Thanks in advance.
06-25-2013 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Anderson Offline

RE: TMG Hydroxide ???
(06-25-2013 11:09 AM)Gen129 Wrote:  Hi James,

I have been looking at all the info on TMG, and decided to give it a try. Rather than waiting a few weeks to order from the internet, I decided to go to my local health shop to pick up some TMG. I ended up buying the NOW brand TMG, because it's the only one they had.

This morning I took a tablet at breakfast, and decided to look up what you had to say about hydroxide forms of minerals, as the NOW brand sells the TMG in the form of Trimethylglycine Hydroxide. I am now scared to take anymore of this supplement.

You usually mention the dangers of calcium and the magnesium hydroxide, probably due to popularity, and I did remember this at the store, but now, looking over all you have to say about hydroxide, I'm thinking that any supplement in the form of hydroxide is bad.

So, is anything in the hydroxide form bad to take? Should I just trash this product, and order quality TMG?

Thanks in advance.

Have you taken it? Has it helped you in any way?

I take TMG 500 by Jarrow and it's been working very well for me. According to James, Jarrow is a company with very good reputation.

I hope James can stop by and answer your question. I'm unfortunately not that qualified to answer.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2013 07:44 AM by Anderson.)
07-30-2013 07:42 AM
Gen129 Offline

(07-30-2013 07:42 AM)Anderson Wrote:  

Thanks in advance.

Have you taken it? Has it helped you in any way?

I take TMG 500 by Jarrow and it's been working very well for me. According to James, Jarrow is a company with very good reputation.

I hope James can stop by and answer your question. I'm unfortunately not that qualified to answer.

I have been taking TMG for over a month (not the hydroxide though).

I don't feel anything obvious other than increased appetite, and energy when I first started. It went away fast. I trust that it's working though.

I'm taking Jarrow as well. Although it's the powder, not the capsules.
08-25-2013 03:54 PM
James Offline
Administrator

Thanks in advance.

Not sure where you are getting hydroxide. I never heard of TMG hydroxide so I looked up NOW Foods TMG and they are using anhydrous TMG:

http://www.nowfoods.com/TMG-Trimethylgly...ablets.htm

Anhydrous means no water. This has nothing to do with a hydroxide.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
09-29-2013 05:30 PM
Gen129 Offline

(09-29-2013 05:30 PM)James Wrote:  

Thanks in advance.

Not sure where you are getting hydroxide. I never heard of TMG hydroxide so I looked up NOW Foods TMG and they are using anhydrous TMG:

Apparently the only place this product exists is in my cupboard. I type in NOW Foods TMG Hydroxide into various search engines, and nothing comes up.

Maybe it's a typo, I'm going to contact NOW Foods and I'll give an update when I get a answer.

I took pics of the product to show you.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-30-2013 06:06 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(09-30-2013 06:06 AM)Gen129 Wrote:  
(09-29-2013 05:30 PM)James Wrote:  

Thanks in advance.

Apparently the only place this product exists is in my cupboard. I type in NOW Foods TMG Hydroxide into various search engines, and nothing comes up.

Maybe it's a typo, I'm going to contact NOW Foods and I'll give an update when I get a answer.

I took pics of the product to show you.

That's interesting. I would really like to see an answer also since TMG does not even have a hydroxide group in it.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
09-30-2013 06:28 AM