Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hey james about phytates binding with minerals
cdog Offline

hey james about phytates binding with minerals
Hi James I been taking nettle leaf to replenish my minerals but now I been reading on the computer is it true phytates take calcium maganesium and zinc out of the body like bind with the minerals inside of your body cause I am eating rice bran and I take my nettle leaf powder in the morning AND I eat my oat bran in the evening and I know that it has phytates should I be concern will the phytates be robbing the minerals out my body so confused
06-08-2013 09:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eoeoe69 Offline

RE: hey james about phytates binding with minerals
i'm not james, but here is some info from him about phytic acid

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1542754#i

hope it helps

cheers

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

J.H
06-22-2013 05:57 PM
James Offline
Administrator

RE: hey james about phytates binding with minerals
(06-08-2013 09:29 PM)cdog Wrote:  Hi James I been taking nettle leaf to replenish my minerals but now I been reading on the computer is it true phytates take calcium maganesium and zinc out of the body like bind with the minerals inside of your body cause I am eating rice bran and I take my nettle leaf powder in the morning AND I eat my oat bran in the evening and I know that it has phytates should I be concern will the phytates be robbing the minerals out my body so confused

This is a very misleading claim primarily pushed by the anti-soy people. In fact I have addressed this myth various times in my posts debunking the anti-soy claims:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=106

First of all, if the phytates are from plants they will have already bound to minerals the plant took up from the soil.

Secondly, if the phytates are already bound, and thus saturated, with the minerals taken up by the plant then how can their ingestion rob the body of minerals? It's impossible. In order for the phytates to bind to other minerals it must first release the minerals it is already saturated with. Thus the phytates would not be robbing the body of minerals, but rather would be exchanging minerals.

Finally, phytates have a higher affinity for dangerous free iron and toxic heavy metals than it does for beneficial minerals. Therefore, in short the phytates will give up its beneficial minerals it is bound to and chelate dangerous free iron and heavy metals in exchange.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
08-31-2013 03:17 AM