Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can far infra red sauna help the flu?
Nancy Offline

Can far infra red sauna help the flu?
Hi James,

My friend has been having the flu for almost a week now. He has diarrhea, nausea, very low body temperature (96F). He could not keep any food down.
I am thinking about offering to use the far infra red sauna to help raising the body temperature to help kill the bug. Also, I am thinking about giving him some andrographis and some amla to help in the mean time.
What do you think?
Why do you think that his temperature is so low? It's only low during this flu time.

Thank you in advance,

Nancy
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 04:36 PM by Nancy.)
06-06-2013 12:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Can far infra red sauna help the flu?
(06-06-2013 12:01 PM)Nancy Wrote:  Hi James,

My friend has been having the flu for almost a week now. He has diarrhea, nausea, very low body temperature (96F). He could not keep any food down.
I am thinking about offering to use the far infra red sauna to help raising the body temperature to help kill the bug. Also, I am thinking about giving him some andrographis and some amla to help in the mean time.
What do you think?
Why do you think that his temperature is so low? It's only low during this flu time.

Thank you in advance,

Nancy

Raising the body temperature can help boost the immune system to help fight viral infections like influenza.

The herbs will also help, especially andrographis.

Hydration with electrolytes is also very important. Plain old water with a tiny amount of trace element salt, such as Real salt is the best. Drinks such as Gatorade are not recommended due to the high amount of sugar, which is dehydrating and immune suppressive.

Some people will have the opposite reaction of temperature when they get sick actually developing a lower temperature rather than a fever. The mechanism is not known. Could have something to do with stress on the thyroid or maybe excess sweating over cooling the body.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
08-26-2013 05:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply