Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rectal Insufflation - Please explain your method
mtl777 Offline

Rectal Insufflation - Please explain your method
Hi James, I've been reading your posts in CZ on ozone therapy by means of rectal insufflation. I see that for this you recommend 20-35 ug/ml ozone concentration at a flow rate of 1/10 lpm for 20 minutes. Could you please explain this in more detail? Like, is the catheter inserted in the rectum and it stays inside for 20 minutes during which ozone is flowing continuously into the rectum? Or is the catheter inserted for a short time only (say, 1-2 minutes), then it is removed and the patient holds the gas in for 20 minutes?

I would like some clarification on this because some experts recommend the latter method to avoid bloating so I'm wondering if that's what you meant.

Thanks!
05-08-2013 12:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Rectal Insufflation - Please explain your method
(05-08-2013 12:52 AM)mtl777 Wrote:  Hi James, I've been reading your posts in CZ on ozone therapy by means of rectal insufflation. I see that for this you recommend 20-35 ug/ml ozone concentration at a flow rate of 1/10 lpm for 20 minutes. Could you please explain this in more detail? Like, is the catheter inserted in the rectum and it stays inside for 20 minutes during which ozone is flowing continuously into the rectum? Or is the catheter inserted for a short time only (say, 1-2 minutes), then it is removed and the patient holds the gas in for 20 minutes?

I would like some clarification on this because some experts recommend the latter method to avoid bloating so I'm wondering if that's what you meant.

Thanks!

I just posted a response to your other post with more details. But yes, the catheter stays in the rectum unless the bloating becomes too much in which the treatment is stopped so the person can expel the excess gas.

They use to make bags the size of the average colon that could be filled then squeezed in to the colon. Then the person would hold the gas. The problem I saw was that it took a little time for the ozone to absorb, but ozone is highly reactive and has a short half life. Therefore, if holding the gas in the colon much of was going to break down before it could ever be absorbed. Through experimentation I found that at a flow rate of 1/10lpm the ozone was being absorbed at the same rate as it was being administered and therefore did not cause the bloating after the initial die off.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
05-09-2013 03:08 AM
mtl777 Offline

This is great info! I think your method is the better way of doing rectal insufflation. Than you so much James!
05-09-2013 10:59 PM
mtl777 Offline

I came across this article:

http://www.gracermedicalgroup.com/resources/page_11.php

It says, "German protocol states that a 6000ug dose of ozone is optimal for immune modulation and to increase oxygen delivery to the tissues." And then later it says, "German protocol also states that Cancer patients should perhaps only receive 3000 ug of Ozone per treatment."

I just want to be sure that I'm understanding you correctly because if I calculate the total dose that, for instance, 25 ug/ml at a flow rate of 1/10 lpm for 20 minutes would deliver to the colon, it amounts to a staggering 50,000 ug:

Gas flowing at 1/10 lpm for 20 minutes would amount to 2 liters of gas. Now, 25 ug/ml is 25,000 ug per liter. So 2 liters X 25,000 ug per liter = 50,000 ug of ozone in one treatment.

This seems to be way bigger a dose than what the article says the German protocols recommend. Did I get you right James? Is 50,000 ug of ozone per treatment alright for a cancer patient? Is the article in error or just being too conservative?

Thanks again!
05-12-2013 06:23 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(05-12-2013 06:23 PM)mtl777 Wrote:  I came across this article:

http://www.gracermedicalgroup.com/resources/page_11.php

It says, "German protocol states that a 6000ug dose of ozone is optimal for immune modulation and to increase oxygen delivery to the tissues." And then later it says, "German protocol also states that Cancer patients should perhaps only receive 3000 ug of Ozone per treatment."

I just want to be sure that I'm understanding you correctly because if I calculate the total dose that, for instance, 25 ug/ml at a flow rate of 1/10 lpm for 20 minutes would deliver to the colon, it amounts to a staggering 50,000 ug:

Gas flowing at 1/10 lpm for 20 minutes would amount to 2 liters of gas. Now, 25 ug/ml is 25,000 ug per liter. So 2 liters X 25,000 ug per liter = 50,000 ug of ozone in one treatment.

This seems to be way bigger a dose than what the article says the German protocols recommend. Did I get you right James? Is 50,000 ug of ozone per treatment alright for a cancer patient? Is the article in error or just being too conservative?

Thanks again!

To help settle the confusion one of the things that needs to be pointed out is that it is not the volume of ozone that poses an issue in therapy but rather the concentration. It is lower concentrations that stimulate immunity and higher levels that can suppress immunity. The volume is not much of an issue with insufflation other than over inflating the colon with too fast of a flow rate or in the first few treatments from the addition of more gas from the die off.

So the volume is not going to make much of a difference since the body can only saturate with the ozone, unless performed hyperbarically, which is done by at least one doctor in Germany. Once saturated the body cannot utilize anymore of the ozone. This is why I go with the 20 minutes. This allows time for the ozone to saturate the tissues a little better.

Just remember to have him drink plenty of water throughout the day to help reduce toxicity from the dead cellular debris. he may still feel a little flu-like during the first few days due to the increase in interferon that ozone induces.

05-16-2013 03:10 AM
mtl777 Offline

(05-16-2013 03:10 AM)James Wrote:  To help settle the confusion one of the things that needs to be pointed out is that it is not the volume of ozone that poses an issue in therapy but rather the concentration. It is lower concentrations that stimulate immunity and higher levels that can suppress immunity. The volume is not much of an issue with insufflation other than over inflating the colon with too fast of a flow rate or in the first few treatments from the addition of more gas from the die off.

So the volume is not going to make much of a difference since the body can only saturate with the ozone, unless performed hyperbarically, which is done by at least one doctor in Germany. Once saturated the body cannot utilize anymore of the ozone. This is why I go with the 20 minutes. This allows time for the ozone to saturate the tissues a little better.

Just remember to have him drink plenty of water throughout the day to help reduce toxicity from the dead cellular debris. he may still feel a little flu-like during the first few days due to the increase in interferon that ozone induces.

Thanks James! That finally settles my question. Smile

I had not mentioned that the patient is under chemotherapy and wants to continue chemo until he is confident about ozone and alternative treatments. (Yeah, I know. People are too trusting of mainstream medicine. They don't know that there are much better alternatives out there.) If he does both ozone and chemo, is there no danger of too much cancer cell die-off that might lead to sepsis since both ozone and chemo will kill a lot of cancer cells? He is being given a weekly infusion of two chemo drugs. I'm thinking that he shouldn't do any ozone treatment on the day of his infusion as well as the day before and after. That means he won't be doing ozone for 3 days in a week. Do you think that's a good plan or is it too cautious?

What things would you recommend to prevent the possible problem of too much cancer cell die-off?

Also, is there a risk of causing so much inflammation due to cancer cell die-off at the tumor site (mets to the liver) that might create a potentially fatal blockage of fluids?
05-18-2013 03:04 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(05-18-2013 03:04 PM)mtl777 Wrote:  
(05-16-2013 03:10 AM)James Wrote:  To help settle the confusion one of the things that needs to be pointed out is that it is not the volume of ozone that poses an issue in therapy but rather the concentration. It is lower concentrations that stimulate immunity and higher levels that can suppress immunity. The volume is not much of an issue with insufflation other than over inflating the colon with too fast of a flow rate or in the first few treatments from the addition of more gas from the die off.

Thanks James! That finally settles my question. Smile

I had not mentioned that the patient is under chemotherapy and wants to continue chemo until he is confident about ozone and alternative treatments. (Yeah, I know. People are too trusting of mainstream medicine. They don't know that there are much better alternatives out there.) If he does both ozone and chemo, is there no danger of too much cancer cell die-off that might lead to sepsis since both ozone and chemo will kill a lot of cancer cells? He is being given a weekly infusion of two chemo drugs. I'm thinking that he shouldn't do any ozone treatment on the day of his infusion as well as the day before and after. That means he won't be doing ozone for 3 days in a week. Do you think that's a good plan or is it too cautious?

If he is on chemo he would be better off skipping the ozone altogether for right now. One problem is that ozone destroys many substances. The ozone can destroy many chemotherapy drugs as well and possibly alter others chemically.

Personally I would do ozone over chemotherapy anytime. Chemotherapy for the most part has had a dismal success record. Part of the reason for this is the poor vascularization of tumors reducing blood flow to the tumors. Since most chemotherapy drugs work through oxidative principles to destroy the cells the poor blood flow of tumors inhibits the job of chemotherapy. Ozone on the other hand is not only a stronger oxidizer than chemotherapy drugs, but it also readily diffuses in to tissues regardless of whether or not there is a vascular network. Chemotherapy also often fails because they generally do not address cancer viruses, which are responsible for the majority of cancers. As an example, the only chemotherapy drugs that have had a high success rate are the drugs Vincristine and Vinblastine derived from the plant Madagascar periwinkle. These drugs are both potent anti-virals and are used to treat leukemias and lymphomas, which are both viral induced cancers. Ozone on the other hand also is a potent antiviral directly and also boosts the immune system allowing the immune system to fight viruses as well.

What things would you recommend to prevent the possible problem of too much cancer cell die-off?

Start out slow with the ozone when he finally starts and have him drink plenty of water throughout the day. He will likely have flu-like symptoms for the first few days when he starts on the ozone, which is in part from the increased interferon activity. But the initial cell die-off can also contribute. So when he is feeling ill after the treatments maybe stick to one treatment a day and again plenty of water. When the flu-like symptoms disappear then start increasing the number of treatments daily with no more than 3 daily. At no more than 20 minutes there will not be enough cancer cell death to be a problem as long as he drinks plenty of water.

Also, is there a risk of causing so much inflammation due to cancer cell die-off at the tumor site (mets to the liver) that might create a potentially fatal blockage of fluids?

No. In fact, inflammation is the result of increased circulation. Inflammatory prostaglandins dilate blood vessels to increase circulation. The over dilation of the blood vessels though make them permeable causing them to leak leading to the inflammation.

If he drinks plenty of nettle leaf tea through the day though this will not only provide a lot of nutrition, it will also keep uric acid and inflammation levels down.

05-22-2013 07:04 PM
mtl777 Offline

(05-22-2013 07:04 PM)James Wrote:  If he is on chemo he would be better off skipping the ozone altogether for right now. One problem is that ozone destroys many substances. The ozone can destroy many chemotherapy drugs as well and possibly alter others chemically.

I thought I read you saying on Curezone that it's alright to do ozone and chemo as long as you have some spacing between the two?

Quote:Also, is there a risk of causing so much inflammation due to cancer cell die-off at the tumor site (mets to the liver) that might create a potentially fatal blockage of fluids?

No. In fact, inflammation is the result of increased circulation. Inflammatory prostaglandins dilate blood vessels to increase circulation. The over dilation of the blood vessels though make them permeable causing them to leak leading to the inflammation.

I was thinking more along the lines that, as cancer cells are slowly dying, the immune system "attacks" them, which can create temporary inflammation or swelling. This inflammation even if temporary might be dangerous for patients with lung cancer, brain cancer, any cancer of the digestive tract, cancer of the bile duct and a few other situations where there is a life-threatening blockage (e.g. the tumor is pressing on a vital organ or is obstructing the flow of fluids). Is there no danger of this happening in the case of my friend's cancer which originated from the colon and has metastasized to the liver?

Quote:If he drinks plenty of nettle leaf tea through the day though this will not only provide a lot of nutrition, it will also keep uric acid and inflammation levels down.

Thanks for the tip! Nettle leaf is great. It has so many uses.
05-25-2013 02:06 AM
mtl777 Offline

Hi James, I wanted to edit my previous post to ask more questions but the time limit of 600 minutes to edit a post had passed. Please ignore my previous post and reply instead to this one.

(05-22-2013 07:04 PM)James Wrote:  If he is on chemo he would be better off skipping the ozone altogether for right now. One problem is that ozone destroys many substances. The ozone can destroy many chemotherapy drugs as well and possibly alter others chemically.

I thought I read you saying on Curezone that it's alright to do ozone and chemo as long as you have some spacing between the two?

Quote:What things would you recommend to prevent the possible problem of too much cancer cell die-off?

Start out slow with the ozone when he finally starts and have him drink plenty of water throughout the day. He will likely have flu-like symptoms for the first few days when he starts on the ozone, which is in part from the increased interferon activity. But the initial cell die-off can also contribute. So when he is feeling ill after the treatments maybe stick to one treatment a day and again plenty of water. When the flu-like symptoms disappear then start increasing the number of treatments daily with no more than 3 daily. At no more than 20 minutes there will not be enough cancer cell death to be a problem as long as he drinks plenty of water.

How much water is plenty enough? I read somewhere about how to calculate the amount of water to drink: Divide your weight by two, and that's the total number of ounces of water to drink daily. For example, if your weight is 160 pounds then you need to drink 80 ounces (160 divided by 2) of water a day. If a glass is 8 ounces then that would be 10 glasses of water a day. What do you think of this?

Quote:Also, is there a risk of causing so much inflammation due to cancer cell die-off at the tumor site (mets to the liver) that might create a potentially fatal blockage of fluids?

I was thinking more along the lines that, as cancer cells are slowly dying, the immune system "attacks" them, which can create temporary inflammation or swelling. This inflammation even if temporary might be dangerous for patients with lung cancer, brain cancer, any cancer of the digestive tract, cancer of the bile duct and a few other situations where there is a life-threatening blockage (e.g. the tumor is pressing on a vital organ or is obstructing the flow of fluids). Is there no danger of this happening in the case of my friend's cancer which originated from the colon and has metastasized to the liver?

Quote:If he drinks plenty of nettle leaf tea through the day though this will not only provide a lot of nutrition, it will also keep uric acid and inflammation levels down.

Isn't it more effective to take nettle leaf directly as a powder rather than as a tea? I'm afraid the heat of the boiling water might destroy the nutrients.

Oh, and how much nettle leaf a day? Is nettle leaf like turmeric in that it is hard to overdose on it, and so you can take a lot of it?

BTW would you also recommend B vitamins (B complex)? If so, taking one tablet a day, is B-100 good or should it be B-50? (If B-100, the tablet may need to be split into two doses.)
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013 01:45 PM by mtl777.)
05-25-2013 12:29 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(05-25-2013 02:06 AM)mtl777 Wrote:  

Yes, as long as there is enough spacing to allow all the chemo to get out of the system before doing the ozone. The ozone can also help with the damage to the healthy tissue caused by the chemotherapy.

The problem is that there are so many different forms of chemotherapy so there will be different rates of elimination. Since the elimination rates are not always known it is easier to just wait until he is done.

In addition, as I mentioned earlier I am concerned that if eh dies from the chemotherapy they will blame the ozone instead if he is doing it at the same time.

I really do not see it as being a problem. The cancer cells are actually rapidly destroyed by the ozone. The only inflammation would be from the uric acid formed, which is actually an antioxidant. The uric acid can be converted in to urea and eliminated provided he maintains drinking enough water.

Something that may settle your mind better though is that I have seen several people use ozone to treat their brain tumors without these issues. And the brain would be more susceptible to your hypothesis since the brain does not have the room to expand from inflammation.

05-28-2013 04:53 AM
mtl777 Offline

Quote:I thought I read you saying on Curezone that it's alright to do ozone and chemo as long as you have some spacing between the two?

Yes, as long as there is enough spacing to allow all the chemo to get out of the system before doing the ozone. The ozone can also help with the damage to the healthy tissue caused by the chemotherapy.

The problem is that there are so many different forms of chemotherapy so there will be different rates of elimination. Since the elimination rates are not always known it is easier to just wait until he is done.

Doesn't ozone breakdown toxins such as chemo and would therefore be a good thing? The chemo he's taking are Oxaliplatin, a platinum based drug, and Fluorouracil, a pyrimidine analog antimetabolite. He takes them by infusion once a week. Do you know the elimination rates of these drugs and whether they have any bad chemical reactions with ozone?

Quote:I was thinking more along the lines that, as cancer cells are slowly dying, the immune system "attacks" them, which can create temporary inflammation or swelling. This inflammation even if temporary might be dangerous for patients with lung cancer, brain cancer, any cancer of the digestive tract, cancer of the bile duct and a few other situations where there is a life-threatening blockage (e.g. the tumor is pressing on a vital organ or is obstructing the flow of fluids). Is there no danger of this happening in the case of my friend's cancer which originated from the colon and has metastasized to the liver?

I really do not see it as being a problem. The cancer cells are actually rapidly destroyed by the ozone. The only inflammation would be from the uric acid formed, which is actually an antioxidant. The uric acid can be converted in to urea and eliminated provided he maintains drinking enough water.

Something that may settle your mind better though is that I have seen several people use ozone to treat their brain tumors without these issues. And the brain would be more susceptible to your hypothesis since the brain does not have the room to expand from inflammation.

Thank you so much James! I am so relieved to hear that.

BTW what happens to the dead cancer cells inside a tumor that are killed by ozone? Do they leach out from the tumor and get eliminated through the urine and bowels or do they remain inside the tumor? If they remain inside the tumor, will they not cause an infection?

And more questions...

Quote:What things would you recommend to prevent the possible problem of too much cancer cell die-off?

How much water is plenty enough? I read somewhere about how to calculate the amount of water to drink: Divide your weight by two, and that's the total number of ounces of water to drink daily. For example, if your weight is 160 pounds then you need to drink 80 ounces (160 divided by 2) of water a day. If a glass is 8 ounces then that would be 10 glasses of water a day. What do you think of this?

BTW if ozone reacts with water to form hydrogen peroxide, isn't ozonated water just water with hydrogen peroxide in it? If so, then wouldn't it be simpler and easier to just put a little hydrogen peroxide in a glass of water and drink it?

Isn't it more effective to take nettle leaf directly as a powder rather than as a tea? I'm afraid the heat of the boiling water might destroy the nutrients.

Oh, and how much nettle leaf a day? Is nettle leaf like turmeric in that it is hard to overdose on it, and so you can take a lot of it?

BTW would you also recommend B vitamins (B complex)? If so, is B-100 good or should he take B-50 instead? (If B-100, the tablet may need to be split into two doses.)

Thanks again!
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 03:25 PM by mtl777.)
05-30-2013 02:10 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(05-30-2013 02:10 PM)mtl777 Wrote:  
Quote:I thought I read you saying on Curezone that it's alright to do ozone and chemo as long as you have some spacing between the two?

Doesn't ozone breakdown toxins such as chemo and would therefore be a good thing? The chemo he's taking are Oxaliplatin, a platinum based drug, and Fluorouracil, a pyrimidine analog antimetabolite. He takes them by infusion once a week. Do you know the elimination rates of these drugs and whether they have any bad chemical reactions with ozone?

To an extent yes. We all know how toxic and damaging to the body chemotherapy is. In that aspect breaking down the chemo would sound like a great idea. And with some chemo drugs this may not be a bad idea as most organic compounds, such as the chemo drug Vincristine, are broken down by ozone in to carbon dioxide, water, nitrogen and oxygen. I would worry more though about what would happen to the platinum metal from platinum based chemo drugs. The ozone would not affect the platinum. Does this mean the platinum will precipitate out as the metal in the body? Possibly, but there are no studies to show how the ozone would affect platinum based drugs. And if it did precipitate out the platinum in the body we don't know what kind of effect that would have.

The half life of Oxaliplatin can be found in this article under "5. PHARMACOKINETICS"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3031353/

And for Fluorocil:

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/38/10/3479v

Quote:BTW what happens to the dead cancer cells inside a tumor that are killed by ozone? Do they leach out from the tumor and get eliminated through the urine and bowels or do they remain inside the tumor? If they remain inside the tumor, will they not cause an infection?

And more questions...

[Quote]

The dead cancer cells are dealt with and eliminated by the immune system in the same manner it eliminates other dead cells.

And yes, this does constitute an "infection", but is not an issue unless the cancer cells are destroyed faster than they can be dealt with by the immune system. This is why it is possible to destroy let's say a bowling ball size tumor in one shot with a therapy such as ozone. This would not be advised though because that much dead cellular debris would overwhelm the immune system and could kill the person from sepsis. This is why shorter ozone treatments are used allowing the immune system to clean up the debris before killing more of the cancer cells.

The second problem is that all the dead cellular debris also produces a lot of uric acid. In small amounts uric acid is a primary antioxidant for the body and is converted in to urea with water then passes off in urine. In excess though uric acid crystals can irritate or damage tissues. Again, this is one of the reasons drinking plenty of water is so important.

I don't bother with calculations. For most people they should try to get around a gallon daily during the warmer months and at least a half gallon during the cooler months.

The type of water is also important. I prefer spring water, which provides nutrients rather than robbing them lie distilled or reverse osmosis waters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDnyzNBAH2g

Or you can add some minerals, such as Real Salt, trace mineral drops, diatomaceous earth, etc. to purified waters. This makes them less aggressive so they don't rob as much nutrition from the body. The minerals also help to balance out the osmotic shift between the water and the body to prevent a surge of water in to the body and rebound dehydration.

And stay away from alkaline waters since most contain caustic hydroxides and interfere with nutrient absorption

BTW if ozone reacts with water to form hydrogen peroxide, isn't ozonated water just water with hydrogen peroxide in it? If so, then wouldn't it be simpler and easier to just put a little hydrogen peroxide in a glass of water and drink it?

If you drink the water right away there is also fee ozone still in the water that rapidly absorbs through the stomach wall. So there are still benefits to ozonating water that are not derived from adding peroxide to water. In addition, the amount of peroxide from ozonation is trace compared to what you would have by adding peroxide to water. When people add peroxide to water to ingest they have to start with 1 drop of 3% peroxide to a glass of water and drink it on an empty stomach. Then they work up to 2 drops then 3, etc. Taking too much without acclimating can cause the person to become very nauseous and throw up.

Also remember that when people ingest peroxide they start with food grade 35% peroxide that needs to be highly diluted to reach the 3% solution that they then do a drop or drops at a time. The food grade peroxide does not contain added stabilizers and is highly concentrated.

Yes, the powder is much better. That is how I take it for medicinal properties and drink the tea mainly for flavor. But it still works in a tea form and people are more likely to take it frequently throughout the day as a tea. So the choice is his.

It would be pretty hard to overdose on. And it is highly nutritious, which is another advantage for cancer patients as most people with cancer die from malnutrition induced by the cancer itself as well as allopathic therapies.

Nettle leaf is also often eaten as a pot herb as a spinach substitute in parts of the world. So yes, it is pretty safe. The powder is going to be harder to get down than the tea in large amounts, but a tablespoon 3-4 times a day would be a good start.

BTW would you also recommend B vitamins (B complex)? If so, is B-100 good or should he take B-50 instead? (If B-100, the tablet may need to be split into two doses.)

I would not exceed what would be in a B50 in a single dose. If you have ever taken a B complex like this the urine turns bright yellow. This is all the excess B vitamins the body cannot utilize that is being excreted. Taking twice the amount means just that much more the body cannot utilize and has to excrete. Therefore, it is best to stick to B50 twice daily with meals.

Thanks again!

You're welcome.

06-02-2013 02:35 AM
mtl777 Offline

Thank you so much James! All good info.

Quote:Doesn't ozone breakdown toxins such as chemo and would therefore be a good thing? The chemo he's taking are Oxaliplatin, a platinum based drug, and Fluorouracil, a pyrimidine analog antimetabolite. He takes them by infusion once a week. Do you know the elimination rates of these drugs and whether they have any bad chemical reactions with ozone?

To an extent yes. We all know how toxic and damaging to the body chemotherapy is. In that aspect breaking down the chemo would sound like a great idea. And with some chemo drugs this may not be a bad idea as most organic compounds, such as the chemo drug Vincristine, are broken down by ozone in to carbon dioxide, water, nitrogen and oxygen. I would worry more though about what would happen to the platinum metal from platinum based chemo drugs. The ozone would not affect the platinum. Does this mean the platinum will precipitate out as the metal in the body? Possibly, but there are no studies to show how the ozone would affect platinum based drugs. And if it did precipitate out the platinum in the body we don't know what kind of effect that would have.

The half life of Oxaliplatin can be found in this article under "5. PHARMACOKINETICS"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3031353/

And for Fluorocil:

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/38/10/3479v

Looking at other sources, on the average it seems that the half life of Oxaliplatin itself (not including the platinum) ranges from 10 to 25 minutes. The platinum from Oxaliplatin can stay in the body anywhere from 16 to 273 hours.

As for Fluorouracil, the link you gave does not work but other sources on the Internet indicate a half life of 8 to 20 minutes.

So I guess the problem is the platinum metal which can stay for a long time in the body. Can this be helped by taking PectaSol? ...

http://www.advancedbionutritionals.com/P...ormula.htm

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/c...onal/page4

PectaSol is a detox that's based on Modified Citrus Pectin and Alginate. The only thing is it's very expensive. Their sales pitch says that ordinary citrus pectin cannot go beyond the intestines to reach the bloodstream because its molecules are too large. The molecules need to be reduced to a molecular weight of 10,000 to 15,000 Daltons in order to reach the bloodstream. So their MCP (Modified Citrus Pectin) is a modified form of citrus pectin produced through an enzymatic process that reduces the molecular weight and enables it to be digested to reach the bloodstream.

I was looking for cheap alternatives for MCP and thought of the pectin that's used in making jellies, but that's not modified. Do you believe that pectin really has to be modified in order to reach the bloodstream and be effective?

One other problem with the pectin used for making jellies is that they contain added dextrose which is glucose and which will therefore feed the cancer cells = not good. Do you have other suggestions?

As for the Alginate, I can use brown seaweed powder such as Kelp. Any better suggestion for this one too? What is the best seaweed source of Alginate and Fucoidan?

Quote:BTW would you also recommend B vitamins (B complex)? If so, is B-100 good or should he take B-50 instead? (If B-100, the tablet may need to be split into two doses.)

I would not exceed what would be in a B50 in a single dose. If you have ever taken a B complex like this the urine turns bright yellow. This is all the excess B vitamins the body cannot utilize that is being excreted. Taking twice the amount means just that much more the body cannot utilize and has to excrete. Therefore, it is best to stick to B50 twice daily with meals.

So that would be two B50's a day? Can you also do that as one B100 a day by splitting the B100 tablet in half and taking one half B100 twice daily? Buying B100's will turn out to be cheaper than buying B50's.

Thanks again!
06-03-2013 03:13 PM
heartfelt Offline

Hi James

do you have any recommendation what is the maximum time one should do rectal insufflation cure? I have done it now almost 6 monts 5-7 times a day for supposed mycoplasma/CFS/mold infection issues. My set up consist of Kröber oxygen concentrator which allows 1/10 flow speed, Enaly 1000bt-12 ozone generator and silicon tubes and catheter. I started carefully with 2 minutes and keeping the regualtor somewhere around 25% and ended up during months taking 7,5 minutes with 45% adjustment.

I think it has alleviated some chemical and mold sensitivities and CFS symptoms, but I am not sure how does it contribute, negatively or positively to adrenal fatigue I developed one and half months ago after trying out high doses of alpha lipoic acid.

I thought I developed an adrenal fatigue, insomnia(early wake ups) being the most serious symptom while experimenting high doses of ALA for few weeks. I also had zeolite in my regimen for few weeks(with few days break between the weeks) and also MSM about a week and half untill I stopped it and continued with ALA and zeolite. But I suppose those are not the main factors, but ALA. I took about 700mg divided during the day over the period of 9-10 days and then went back to normal maintenance dose(200-300mg) for a week or so and then went back up to 900-1200mg per day for another week. Then started to get back down during one week or so, first 300, then 200,150, 100, 50 and so. And then I started to experience insomnia(waking up at 5am and so and food sensitivities and dizzynes, craving for salt, thirst, anxiety, muscle pains and all) and while searching on that issue I came a cross with this adrenal fatigue-HPA axis dysfunction issue that fits perfectly to my symptoms. I got some temporary help from magnesium and high C- and B-vitamins, and melatonin for sleeping but I am afraid the HPA axis has got permanent damage.

I have never had amalgams and have done EDTA-DMSA chelation (12sessions) one and half years ago and been taking ALA on daily basis ever since about 200-300mg without any problems and been eating some chlorella and spirulina too. So I thought I can not be so full of mercury anymore that it would make any redistribution. I was convinced enough to go to those high does with ALA after reading article that said it has been used with about 1.2-1.8 grams per day cures to reverse some nerve damages caused by diabetes although I don't have diabetes. And probably those patients have had some ordinary amount of mercury in their tissues too and it did not poison them in high ALA cure due to redistribution.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17065669

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9285502

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20423821

Although I don't understand these statements that seems like contradictory to each other:

First it says as RESULTS: "Compared with the control group, CRH level in lipoicin-treated normal and diabetic rats was significantly reduced (P<0.05). ACTH level of the 3 lipoicin doses groups of normal rats decreased, and a significant reduction occurred in medium-dose lipoicin group of diabetic rats (P<0.05)."

And then:

"Lipoicin treatment obviously enhanced the hypophysis and pituitary gland cell metabolism function to resist diabetic oxidative stress."

So does it mean decreasing the ACTH and CRH function is the same as enhancing the metabolism within the HPA axis? I don't understand. I suppose the decreasing values would mean it will enhance the insufficient hormone production---> causing what is called adrenal fatigue with all of it's symptoms that I've got.

So anyway, I thought it won't do any harm, but to fix the nerves which I believe it did coz when I have good days I feel more sharp and responsive than before as I have used to have some issues too in those areas too, that I believe now have alleviated slightly.

But now I am also supecting the rectal insufflation may affect to that. But I am not sure if it supports the glands or does it over stimulate them at the higher doese of 7,5 minutes of 45%..?
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 11:21 AM by heartfelt.)
07-23-2013 07:00 AM