Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WOUND HEALING
Nancy Offline

WOUND HEALING
Hi James,

It's been for a while and I hope that everything is going well for you.

I have a question regarding an 85 years old lady that had a skin graft using the skin from her thigh to graft on her knee after a fall that took off a big piece of skin from her knee. It's been for 6 months now but the skin on the thigh is still very red and tender. It seems to heal very slowly. The skin on the knee healed a lot faster. The only thing that she is using right now is some vaseline to help soothing the skin on the thigh.
Is there any way to help her skin to heal faster? Is there anything you recommend to take internally or a cream/herb/poutrice to help the healing? Does bagging with ozone help?

Thank you so much in advance. I really appreciate your time helping people to understand and to heal. The gift of health is the best of all!Smile

nancy
04-23-2013 10:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: WOUND HEALING
(04-23-2013 10:37 PM)Nancy Wrote:  Hi James,

I have a question regarding an 85 years old lady that had a skin graft using the skin from her thigh to graft on her knee after a fall that took off a big piece of skin from her knee. It's been for 6 months now but the skin on the thigh is still very red and tender. It seems to heal very slowly. The skin on the knee healed a lot faster. The only thing that she is using right now is some vaseline to help soothing the skin on the thigh.
Is there any way to help her skin to heal faster? Is there anything you recommend to take internally or a cream/herb/poutrice to help the healing? Does bagging with ozone help?

Thank you so much in advance. I really appreciate your time helping people to understand and to heal. The gift of health is the best of all!Smile

nancy

Hi Nancy,

Being still red and tender after all this time it sounds like there is an infection in the wound.

The elderly do heal much slower generally due to decreased nutrient absorption as stomach acidity declines with age. This decreases the absorption not only needed to build tissue such as silica and amino acids, but also the nutrients needed for methylation. Methylation is required in about 4,000 processes in the body including immune function and tissue repair.

If she is diabetic, a smoker or is on certain medications such as Prednisone, these can all slow or inhibit healing as well.

Ozonating the area would definitely be a good start. I recommend starting with higher concentrations since it sounds like there is an infection. Higher concentrations are more antiseptic, but inhibit healing and vice versa. Therefore, I recommend alternating with the high and low concentrations to address the infection as well as promote healing. And remember to use a cold corona system if possible. Hot corona systems will also work as long as you use pure oxygen as a starter gas. Using air with a hot corona can form acids that can burn the skin creating more irritation.

Topically the best herbs for promoting healing are comfrey root and Eupatorium (boneset). Comfrey is hard to get a hold of, but you can buy the active ingredient, allantoin, in a powder form that can be moistened and applied to the skin.

Internally I recommend our Bone and Joint formula, which has various herbs shown to promote tissue growth.

James

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
04-29-2013 08:53 PM
Nancy Offline

(04-29-2013 08:53 PM)James Wrote:  

nancy

Hi Nancy,

Being still red and tender after all this time it sounds like there is an infection in the wound.

The elderly do heal much slower generally due to decreased nutrient absorption as stomach acidity declines with age. This decreases the absorption not only needed to build tissue such as silica and amino acids, but also the nutrients needed for methylation. Methylation is required in about 4,000 processes in the body including immune function and tissue repair.

If she is diabetic, a smoker or is on certain medications such as Prednisone, these can all slow or inhibit healing as well.

Ozonating the area would definitely be a good start. I recommend starting with higher concentrations since it sounds like there is an infection. Higher concentrations are more antiseptic, but inhibit healing and vice versa. Therefore, I recommend alternating with the high and low concentrations to address the infection as well as promote healing. And remember to use a cold corona system if possible. Hot corona systems will also work as long as you use pure oxygen as a starter gas. Using air with a hot corona can form acids that can burn the skin creating more irritation.

Topically the best herbs for promoting healing are comfrey root and Eupatorium (boneset). Comfrey is hard to get a hold of, but you can buy the active ingredient, allantoin, in a powder form that can be moistened and applied to the skin.

Internally I recommend our Bone and Joint formula, which has various herbs shown to promote tissue growth.

James
Thank you James! You are as always so helpful!
I just ordered 6 bone and joint formula for myself and some friends. I will send some to the lady along with some comfrey root powder. I found it on Moutain Rose Herbs.

I hope that you will blessed in life just like you blessed us.

Nancy
04-30-2013 08:23 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(04-30-2013 08:23 PM)Nancy Wrote:  
(04-29-2013 08:53 PM)James Wrote:  

nancy

Hi Nancy,

James
Thank you James! You are as always so helpful!
I just ordered 6 bone and joint formula for myself and some friends. I will send some to the lady along with some comfrey root powder. I found it on Moutain Rose Herbs.

I hope that you will blessed in life just like you blessed us.

Nancy

Thanks Nancy

04-30-2013 11:55 PM
Nancy Offline

Is there a difference between comfrey root and comfrey leaf when it comes to the healing ability?
05-17-2013 04:31 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(05-17-2013 04:31 PM)Nancy Wrote:  Is there a difference between comfrey root and comfrey leaf when it comes to the healing ability?

Both the leaf and root contain the active healing component allantoin. The root though has significantly higher levels of allantoin though than the leaves.

The leaves also contain fine hairs that can be hard to filter out so you would not want to use the leaves in some areas such as the eyes.

05-21-2013 12:07 AM
Nancy Offline

Thanks James,

With many blessings,

Nancy
05-23-2013 05:36 PM