Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Herbs for memory and concentration
Cargoshorts Offline

Herbs for memory and concentration
Hi James,

So I bought some gotu kola and vinca major to see if they help my dad's memory and focus, which are starting to slip though he is physically healthy. Gonna mix them together, both are 'cut and sifted.' Just wondering if these need to be boiled and prepared as a tea, or if I can put them as is into capsules. They're not powder but chopped pretty small, fine enough to get into capsules.

Prior to this we tried some bacopa powder which did help some but started to irritate the lining of his mouth. I had him take a 1/2 teaspoon mixed in water once a day.

- Cs
10-15-2012 08:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Herbs for memory and concentration
(10-15-2012 08:05 PM)Cargoshorts Wrote:  Hi James,

So I bought some gotu kola and vinca major to see if they help my dad's memory and focus, which are starting to slip though he is physically healthy. Gonna mix them together, both are 'cut and sifted.' Just wondering if these need to be boiled and prepared as a tea, or if I can put them as is into capsules. They're not powder but chopped pretty small, fine enough to get into capsules.

Prior to this we tried some bacopa powder which did help some but started to irritate the lining of his mouth. I had him take a 1/2 teaspoon mixed in water once a day.

- Cs

Never tasted bacopa as a tea, but I have tried Vinca (periwinkle) and it is intensely bitter. It would make a pretty hard tea to get down. If you can I would look for a way to grind the herbs down in to a powder for capsuling.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
01-24-2014 12:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply