Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Liver Cleansing
Low Energy Offline

Liver Cleansing
Hi,

I am currently trying to cleanse my liver. I have tried taurine at doses of 1gram 3 times a day which used to work at turning my stools dark but now it no longer works as my stools are light yellow colour indicating low bile output according to what Ive read online.I thought I'd try bitters so purchased the Floradix Herbal Bitters liquid:

http://www.iherb.com/Flora-Floradix-Gall...50-ml/3019

Unfortunately, my stools are still light yellow after a few days of use (does it take longer for bitters to take effect?). is there anything stronger I can try? The floradix bitters don't taste very bitter, i think because of the added fructose. I've been taking them 30minutes before a meal on an empty stomach. I've been havin problems with, constipation, high estrogen and high copper which is why i have been targeting the liver, i also show signs of adrenal insufficiency. I have also purchased some sunflower lecithin. is this as good as soy lecithin at cleansing the liver and lowering cholesterol?

many thanks
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2012 03:31 PM by Low Energy.)
09-15-2012 02:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Liver Cleansing
(09-15-2012 02:24 PM)Low Energy Wrote:  Hi,

I am currently trying to cleanse my liver. I have tried taurine at doses of 1gram 3 times a day which used to work at turning my stools dark but now it no longer works as my stools are light yellow colour indicating low bile output according to what Ive read online.

Actually light yellow stools show a fat malabsorption problem. A lack of bile causes pale, clay colored stools. This can be from a variety of things such as pancreatitis or Celiac disease.

I thought I'd try bitters so purchased the Floradix Herbal Bitters liquid:

http://www.iherb.com/Flora-Floradix-Gall...50-ml/3019

Unfortunately, my stools are still light yellow after a few days of use (does it take longer for bitters to take effect?). is there anything stronger I can try?

Bitters work right away. So it is not likely they are gong to work for you if they have not already.

I recommend trying eliminating gluten from your diet for starters. You could also try using juniper berry for your bitter since it also supports pancreatic function.

Adding the lecithin should also help by increasing fat absorption.

The floradix bitters don't taste very bitter, i think because of the added fructose. I've been taking them 30minutes before a meal on an empty stomach. I've been havin problems with, constipation, high estrogen and high copper which is why i have been targeting the liver, i also show signs of adrenal insufficiency. I have also purchased some sunflower lecithin. is this as good as soy lecithin at cleansing the liver and lowering cholesterol?

Yes, this lecithin is just as good.

If trying to detoxify excess estrogen also remember B vitamins or trimethylglycine (TMG) for the methylation required to break down the excess estrogen.

many thanks

You're welcome.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
09-15-2012 11:02 PM
Low Energy Offline

is there any reason why my stools turned dark brown with taurine a few months ago but the taurine no longer works now, rather it causes diarrhea? Was the taurine increasing bile before or were the stools turning dark brown due to something else the taurine was doing? I will give juniper berry a try (just read it also lowers blood sugar which is a plus as i have adrenal related insulin resistance too). should I get the tincture, powder or capsules and are there any other supplements I can also take for pancreatitis? is bovine derived ox bile any good?

If I do have pancreatitis, should i continue taking the bitters as my digestion is poor and recently I had also been taking digestive enzymes (for about a month) until I read about bitters.

I also get pain in the shoulder blade area from time to time (mainly right side or center), especially when I use bitters or eat a high fat meal. is this due to gallstones in the gallbladder?

thanks.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2012 01:52 PM by Low Energy.)
09-16-2012 02:13 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(09-16-2012 02:13 PM)Low Energy Wrote:  is there any reason why my stools turned dark brown with taurine a few months ago but the taurine no longer works now, rather it causes diarrhea? Was the taurine increasing bile before or were the stools turning dark brown due to something else the taurine was doing?

Taurine is used in the production of bile salts. Increasing the bile would have darkened the stool to a normal color. Not sure why you are are not getting results still or why the diarrhea. There are so many other factors involved and not enough information to go on.

I will give juniper berry a try (just read it also lowers blood sugar which is a plus as i have adrenal related insulin resistance too).

Yes, juniper berry is very effective in lowering blood sugar. This is why I recommend people take it with a very small amount of food in their stomach.

should I get the tincture, powder or capsules

I prefer the powder or as an alternative the tincture since this will also act as a bitter.

and are there any other supplements I can also take for pancreatitis?

Juniper is the best herb I know of for the pancreas

is bovine derived ox bile any good?

That's an old remedy for dissolving gallstones. But increasing your own bile production will do the same thing.

If I do have pancreatitis, should i continue taking the bitters as my digestion is poor and recently I had also been taking digestive enzymes (for about a month) until I read about bitters.

Yes, I recommend sticking with the bitters.

I also get pain in the shoulder blade area from time to time (mainly right side or center), especially when I use bitters or eat a high fat meal. is this due to gallstones in the gallbladder?

That does sound like a gallbladder attack, which could be due to stones or simple inflammation.

thanks.

You're welcome.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
09-20-2012 11:00 PM
Low Energy Offline

I've got the juniper berry powder ordered so it should be with me soon. I don't understand why my bile flow isn't increasing despite taking bitters, lecithin, taurine and a few days ago I also added Planetary Herbals Bupleurum Liver Cleanser. Infact, my stools are becoming even lighter when I use the herbs and supplements to cleanse the liver and I also feel more hungry. why is this?

would TMG increase bile flow? I'm running out of options here because as far as I know, if my bile output is low, I cannot detox copper Sad

I was also thinking about taking nettle for anxiety and the adrenals but would it be a good idea to take it if my sodium levels are low as nettle is high in potassium isnt it?

What do you think of Kava kava for sleep onset and sleep maintenance insomnia? I have read this herbs leaves and stem is hard on the liver but the root is fine. would it be wise to take to take it since i have adrenal fatigue?

The health problems I currently have are: adrenal fatigue (with low Na/K levels) for past 2 years due to excess copper/estrogen caused by stress, sub-clinical hypothyroidism, IBS (was predominently C for many many years but now a mix of C/D). I am male, 25 years old.

Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 10:44 PM by Low Energy.)
09-29-2012 12:00 PM
Low Energy Offline

Hi James,

Just an addition to the above questions which I hope you can answer when you have the time. It seems like my stools have darkened a few days after adding this product:

http://www.vitacost.com/planetary-herbal...50-tablets

Is there anything in this that would increase bile flow?

Many thanks!
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 05:42 PM by Low Energy.)
10-10-2012 03:09 PM