Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Low Heartbeat/Low Hemoglobin
MarciGal Offline

Low Heartbeat/Low Hemoglobin
A friend of mine has been taking iron since she in anemic & always really tired [doc's eval & recommendation]. She recently went to her doc again and they said her heartbeat was really low [48] and her hemoglobin was low too. She also had gained 7 pounds in two days [edema!] so they did blood work. Today she posted this:

Well, the blood work is back and there were 2 things off. My sodium count was a little low and the hemoglobin count was a little low. So Nurse Pract. said eat a little more salt and let her know how I feel next week. I am just wondering how is that going to make my pulse to get faster? My iron is finally in normal range but said keep taking the iron supplement.Whatever my life is in the Lord's hand I am trusting him to help me lose weight and to increase my pulse and increase oxygen in my blood. I mean I don't know how to increase my pulse or oxygen in the blood??

She is only 40, but also obese. She IS open to natural alternatives and I've been trying to educate her and help her in that regard. I'm at a loss as to what might be going on with her and am hoping James or others might give me some help for her?

Thanks!

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2012 03:32 PM by MarciGal.)
08-28-2012 03:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarciGal Offline

RE: Low Heartbeat/Low Hemoglobin
(08-28-2012 03:30 PM)MarciGal Wrote:  A friend of mine has been taking iron since she in anemic & always really tired [doc's eval & recommendation]. She recently went to her doc again and they said her heartbeat was really low [48] and her hemoglobin was low too. She also had gained 7 pounds in two days [edema!] so they did blood work. Today she posted this:

Well, the blood work is back and there were 2 things off. My sodium count was a little low and the hemoglobin count was a little low. So Nurse Pract. said eat a little more salt and let her know how I feel next week. I am just wondering how is that going to make my pulse to get faster? My iron is finally in normal range but said keep taking the iron supplement.Whatever my life is in the Lord's hand I am trusting him to help me lose weight and to increase my pulse and increase oxygen in my blood. I mean I don't know how to increase my pulse or oxygen in the blood??

She is only 40, but also obese. She IS open to natural alternatives and I've been trying to educate her and help her in that regard. I'm at a loss as to what might be going on with her and am hoping James or others might give me some help for her?

Thanks!

UPDATE: She went ahead and went to the ER [I told her to wait, if possible, until I could help research this for her]. She told me: "I went to the ER last night because my chest was heavy again. Everything with heart was good, my blood preasure was good and my pulse was back to normal range. I am feeling good this a.m. I even sleep super good last night."

Would STILL appreciate any advice or help I can give her as to what is causing her problems. Anyone?

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
08-31-2012 06:48 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(08-28-2012 03:30 PM)MarciGal Wrote:  A friend of mine has been taking iron since she in anemic & always really tired [doc's eval & recommendation]. She recently went to her doc again and they said her heartbeat was really low [48] and her hemoglobin was low too. She also had gained 7 pounds in two days [edema!] so they did blood work. Today she posted this:

Thanks!

First thing I recommend she do is her basal body temperature for a week to make sure she is not severely hypothyroid. Severe hypothyroidism can lead to the weight gain and an abnormally slow heartbeat. The weight gain can also increase levels of estrogen, which in turn can further suppress the thyroid.

To increase oxygen levels in the blood I recommend suma. Suma is the highest source of organic germanium, which helps the cells to utilize oxygen more efficiently.

And don't forget exercise for the weight loss and to help work the lungs.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
09-04-2012 12:44 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(08-31-2012 06:48 AM)MarciGal Wrote:  

Thanks!

UPDATE: She went ahead and went to the ER [I told her to wait, if possible, until I could help research this for her]. She told me: "I went to the ER last night because my chest was heavy again. Everything with heart was good, my blood preasure was good and my pulse was back to normal range. I am feeling good this a.m. I even sleep super good last night."

Would STILL appreciate any advice or help I can give her as to what is causing her problems. Anyone?

Still have her check her basal body temperature even if she has had normal lab values for the thyroid. Lab tests frequently miss hypothyroidism.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 03:41 PM by James.)
09-04-2012 12:45 AM