Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sweat Tasting Salty
Nancy Offline

Sweat Tasting Salty
Hi James,

I am curious if there is a problem if the sweat tasting salty? Does that indicate an health problem?
Thanks,
Nancy
08-12-2012 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Sweat Tasting Salty
(08-12-2012 07:22 PM)Nancy Wrote:  Hi James,

I am curious if there is a problem if the sweat tasting salty? Does that indicate an health problem?
Thanks,
Nancy

Not in an adult. We normally excrete salts through our pores during sweating. In an infant this can indicate cystic fibrosis.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
08-16-2012 03:45 AM
Nancy Offline

RE: Sweat Tasting Salty
(08-16-2012 03:45 AM)James Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 07:22 PM)Nancy Wrote:  Hi James,

Thanks,
Nancy

Not in an adult. We normally excrete salts through our pores during sweating. In an infant this can indicate cystic fibrosis.

Thank you for you reply. Smile
The reason why I am asking is that I used to exercise and sweated before but never really notice the salty taste of the sweat. Only recently, after a long exercise, I licked my lips and it was quite salted. It even tasted good. I tried my wrist and it also tasted as salted. Here are my concerns:
1. Does that mean that I have too much sodium in my diet?
2. Does that mean that every time I excercise heavily, I will loose a lot of minerals? If it is so, then should we replenish our body with more minerals than normal to compensate for it?

Thank you for your time and dedication. I hope that you get good news about your meteorite and your dream will come true.
If I win the lottery I will let you know as you could use it to make your greater dream come true. My dream is to see other people's dream like yours come true!Smile
08-16-2012 11:28 AM