Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mouth sores
teenee65 Offline

Mouth sores
Hi James,

My husband gets mouth sores. When he improves his diet (for him that is dropping caffeine, sugar, white flour, processed food...), he doesn't get them or if he does, they go away quicker.

A few weeks ago he had to have some dental work and his dentist gave him some antibiotics to prevent infection and he took them Sad His mouth sores have come back with a vengence.

I have him eating sauerkraut and rice bran. Any other things that can speed up healing what seems like a flora imbalance (his diet is pretty good)??

Thank James. You are a blessing.

Smile
08-08-2012 06:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Mouth sores
(08-08-2012 06:51 PM)teenee65 Wrote:  Hi James,

My husband gets mouth sores. When he improves his diet (for him that is dropping caffeine, sugar, white flour, processed food...), he doesn't get them or if he does, they go away quicker.

A few weeks ago he had to have some dental work and his dentist gave him some antibiotics to prevent infection and he took them Sad His mouth sores have come back with a vengence.

I have him eating sauerkraut and rice bran. Any other things that can speed up healing what seems like a flora imbalance (his diet is pretty good)??

Something that works great for mouth sores is simply sucking on zinc tablets. The zinc helps kill infections and promote healing. Remember not to overdo it. The maximum daily intake should be no higher than 100mg. Since people will get zinc from other sources though such as food and other supplements I recommend not exceeding 50mg daily from zinc tablets. Also, they taste nasty and take some getting use to. But they do make zinc lozenges for sore throats that are low dose and flavored, so this is an easier way to go if he cannot tolerate the taste of a plain zinc tablet.

Also make sure that he has something in his stomach before using the zinc tablets to prevent nausea. The more milligrams of zinc the more food that should be in the stomach.

Thank James. You are a blessing.

Smile

Thanks.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
08-10-2012 06:24 AM
Anderson Offline

I have a friend who gets thrushes on her tongue if she eats green apples or pineapple. What can this be?
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 01:08 AM by Anderson.)
08-11-2012 01:06 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(08-11-2012 01:06 AM)Anderson Wrote:  I have a friend who gets thrushes on her tongue if she eats green apples or pineapple. What can this be?

That does not make much sense since acids normally control Candida overgrowth. And if it were thrush I would also expect it to affect the throat as well. So this leads me to believe that this is more likely some form of bacterial overgrowth, which people often mistake for thrush.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
08-12-2012 10:23 AM