Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
James can you please clarify potassium iodine dosage
getwellsoon Offline

James can you please clarify potassium iodine dosage
Hi James,

Can you please clarify your below contradicting statements. You have replied to same message twice

Did you advise a wrong dosage by mistake?Sad
http://www.biovea.com/eu/product_detail....686&OS=201
The supplemental facts say
Potassium 130mg supplying 80mg elemental potassium
Iodine 3.75 mg
Directions: Do not use for more than 10 days without medical supervision
I am really sorry i didn't have the product in hand hence did not have the supplemental facts when iniatlly I asked this question to your

1.Normally I prefer natural sources of iodine, but in your case the potassium iodide would be safer since it lacks the immune stimulating polysaccharides of many seaweeds that can aggravate autoimmune disorders.
[b]
The product you linked will work. The amount of iodine is low enough to not be a problem. I recommend 1 capsule daily.

2.Those capsules provide more iodine that is recommended as a safe limit. For iodine you would be better off using seaweeds, which also provide accessory minerals and will also help support the other glands. Bladderwrack or dulse would be the best choices.

Which statement is correct? 1 or 2

But I am a hyperthyroid due to thyroid nodules possibly autoimmune

FYI:it is been 19 days since I started the above potassium iodine. Did I overdo it already??????? what should I do to remove the excess iodine?
Also you missed all my below questions
A tremendous success in using Potassium Iodide. My weight loss has stopped in the last two weeks since I started taking potassium iodide. This is a miracle because for the last three years my weight loss was very bad it will never stop unless I take prunella or Lemon balm. My eyes would bulge out if I don't take them. But I ran out of stock the prunella you gave me and the potassium iodide arrived at the right time. whooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
My question: How is potassium iodide helping with my thyroid nodules????? For how long should I take it?
An update: though I am off my inhaler (corticosteroid), when I near my menstrual cycle I somehow catch a cold, sinus infection and get some wheezing. I am still lazy by not taking the beetroot juice daily to increase my iron levels (because you mentioned anemia could weaken the adrenals. I will do so and give an update soon whether I am consistent in progress or not.
Sometimes I am not consistent with my dosage for e.g. I was taking TMG 750 and later when my stock was over I went down to 500 mg. I have again started to take 500X2 times a day as I read here that it helps with the nutrient absorption.
Also I ran out of Jiaogulan a couple of weeks and just placed the order today. Can you please let me know the dosage once again for Jiaogulan?
Also my diet is kind of alright but not very nutritious because of busy lifestyle.
I have been taking ACV 2-3 tsps with my breakfast along with my B complex for almost 5 weeks now. But I feel I have started having slight gallbladder pain recently (I have a small gallstone). So I started taking digestive bitters 1X day just before lunch. I think it helps by secreting more bile and I feel better. I have also been taking magnesium malate around 300 mg a day. Does it interrupt with the bile secretion? But I remember you telling that it is good in dissolving the gallstones?
I am also trying focus on my digestive issues and address the malabsorption issues....currently my stools are quite loose and also floats most of the times...... But the bitters are helping.... I have got some yucca root powder but hesitant to start now because I want be 100% sure I am not allergic to any new herbs I take which might bring back my asthma symptoms.... I think the slippery elm tea helps the stools to be more formed.....
Question: You always advise to boil the slippery elm tea on high heat with pot covered for 20 mins...but it overflows very quickly....so I am boiling with pot open. Is that alright?
I also got some store bought kefir ...but to allow further fermentation should I open the lid( meaning break the seal) Also if the kefir grains are not present in store bought how can further fermentation happen? Can I keep it outside the fridge to speed up the fermentation? I remember u saying that u keep kefir in the fridge for up to 5 months past the best before date? I want the lactose be fully gone at the same time I don't some bad guys to be breeding....

I always feel my bowel is not emptied completely in the morning....After I have my breakfast, in 15 mins I have gas formation and also an urge to have a BM. Same thing happens after lunch. My Bowel pattern has been changing a lot in the last three years. Three years ago I was so constipated after taking loads of garlic digestive enzymes etc...at that time slippery elm and licorice helped a lot. but now the BM is more frequent 2-3X times a day....
James before me starting to take to avocadoes and nuts I want to fix these digestive and malabsorption issues.
I also have dry and cracked lips. What does it indicate? What can I do for it?
My son:

My 6 yr son has got a cold for more than a week now....I have always been worried about his adrenals....because I have not been a healthy mom when I gave birth to him....Today I have given him little Chinese licorice root( less than a 1/4 teaspoon), 250 mg amla and half b complex. I also gave him Yakult (probiotic drink....kefir is giving him gas as it does for me)....Can you please confirm the licorice root dosage I need to give me?
He is really sweet gorgeous boy (as you always seen him over Skype) but he is really obsessed with some Cartoon characters like Spiderman and Ben10. I believe that both of us have obsessive compulsive disorder to some extent. He wants to be no 1 all the time and wants to be a superhero.... I know this is little bit too much when compared to other kids....he is in the Spiderman world most of the time.....what I can do to stop this? But to be honest he watches Spiderman cartoon most of the time. He is loved by all his friends and teachers because he is very affectionate and nice well behaved boy but at the same time he is less matured for his age like me. But you advised me that it is mostly environmental reasons but could you suggest some herbs to improve this? Probably give him some TMG? But he is reasonably good at Maths and English.....His Maths teacher says he is quite focused in his work...but when he gets distracted he goes into another world and is little difficult to bring him back.....more of my characteristics....At the same time he stresses himself to get the task to be done quicker.....He wants to achieve but I want him to do so without stressing himself too much so that he does not weaken his adrenals. Am I right?
Sorry for bothering you with the long stories as always.... I am sharing this because you might suggest something that can make life sweeter and smooth for me and my son.

Today is a Bank holiday here in Sydney and I am enjoying the day by writing this post to you. I have been extremely busy and stressed at work for the past few weeks and finally I got the time I wanted..........

Thanks a ton...........
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 02:58 AM by getwellsoon.)
08-07-2012 02:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: James can you please clarify potassium iodine dosage
(08-07-2012 02:42 AM)getwellsoon Wrote:  Hi James,

Can you please clarify your below contradicting statements. You have replied to same message twice

Iodine 3.75 mg
I am really sorry i didn't have the product in hand hence did not have the supplemental facts when iniatlly I asked this question to your

1.Normally I prefer natural sources of iodine, but in your case the potassium iodide would be safer since it lacks the immune stimulating polysaccharides of many seaweeds that can aggravate autoimmune disorders.
[b]
The product you linked will work. The amount of iodine is low enough to not be a problem. I recommend 1 capsule daily.

2.Those capsules provide more iodine that is recommended as a safe limit. For iodine you would be better off using seaweeds, which also provide accessory minerals and will also help support the other glands. Bladderwrack or dulse would be the best choices.

I found the problem. The link shows two different iodine amounts depending on if you look at the "Description" or the "Ingredients". The description states "225mcg iodine". But the ingredients state "Iodine 3.75mg", which is a big difference. A dose of 225 micrograms is only .225 milligrams. On the other hand 3.75 milligrams is 3750 micrograms. If the amount of iodine in their description is correct and there is only 225 micrograms of iodine then the amount is not an issue. If the amount of 3.75 milligrams listed on their ingredients is correct then that is excessive. So I don't know what to tell you since I don't know which amount of iodine they claim is correct.

You would still need iodine, but not excessive amounts.

FYI:it is been 19 days since I started the above potassium iodine. Did I overdo it already??????? what should I do to remove the excess iodine?

I have no idea if you overdid it since I have no idea how much iodine is in the supplement since they list two drastically different amounts.

A tremendous success in using Potassium Iodide. My weight loss has stopped in the last two weeks since I started taking potassium iodide. This is a miracle because for the last three years my weight loss was very bad it will never stop unless I take prunella or Lemon balm. My eyes would bulge out if I don't take them. But I ran out of stock the prunella you gave me and the potassium iodide arrived at the right time. whooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
My question: How is potassium iodide helping with my thyroid nodules????? For how long should I take it?

Iodine has long been used to treat hyperthyroidism, but it does this by shutting the thyroid down. As the iodine speeds up the thyroid even further the body starts shutting the thyroid down to protect itself from the toxic levels of iodine and the hyperthyroidism.

The risk is if you take it too long then the thyroid could go in to a state of hypothyroidism that will be exacerbated if you suddenly go off the iodine. This is what happened to the person I am helping take care of right now except he did not have hyperthyroidism to begin with. It was the iodine based drug that first threw him in to a state of hyperthyroidism, then severe hypothyroidism when the amount of the drug was cut in half.

Therefore, I recommend slowly weaning off of the iodine to prevent crashing from hypothyroidism from a sudden drop in iodine levels.

An update: though I am off my inhaler (corticosteroid), when I near my menstrual cycle I somehow catch a cold, sinus infection and get some wheezing. I am still lazy by not taking the beetroot juice daily to increase my iron levels (because you mentioned anemia could weaken the adrenals. I will do so and give an update soon whether I am consistent in progress or not.
Sometimes I am not consistent with my dosage for e.g. I was taking TMG 750 and later when my stock was over I went down to 500 mg. I have again started to take 500X2 times a day as I read here that it helps with the nutrient absorption.
Also I ran out of Jiaogulan a couple of weeks and just placed the order today. Can you please let me know the dosage once again for Jiaogulan?

What form are you taking it in? Capsules? Powder? Standardized?

Also my diet is kind of alright but not very nutritious because of busy lifestyle.
I have been taking ACV 2-3 tsps with my breakfast along with my B complex for almost 5 weeks now. But I feel I have started having slight gallbladder pain recently (I have a small gallstone). So I started taking digestive bitters 1X day just before lunch. I think it helps by secreting more bile and I feel better. I have also been taking magnesium malate around 300 mg a day. Does it interrupt with the bile secretion?

Magnesium will relax smooth muscle so it will have a mild effect. But a little oil in the diet is going to still stimulate contractions to more of an extent than the magnesium can inhibit it.

But I remember you telling that it is good in dissolving the gallstones?

Magnesium can help with calcifications by displacing the calcium, such as in calcified gallstones.

I am also trying focus on my digestive issues and address the malabsorption issues....currently my stools are quite loose and also floats most of the times......

Sounds like you are excreting a lot of fat in the stool. Insufficient bile would reduce proper fat absorption.

But the bitters are helping.... I have got some yucca root powder but hesitant to start now because I want be 100% sure I am not allergic to any new herbs I take which might bring back my asthma symptoms.... I think the slippery elm tea helps the stools to be more formed.....
Question: You always advise to boil the slippery elm tea on high heat with pot covered for 20 mins...but it overflows very quickly....so I am boiling with pot open. Is that alright?

Yes. I cover the pot just to reduce evaporation. But you could add a little hot water every once in a while to replace what is lost by evaporation.

I also got some store bought kefir ...but to allow further fermentation should I open the lid( meaning break the seal)

They do not need to be exposed to air for this. But as the fermentation continues pressure will build up in the container that will need to be released by opening the container once in a while.

Also if the kefir grains are not present in store bought how can further fermentation happen?

Commercial kefir still contains live culture bacteria that do the fermentation.

Can I keep it outside the fridge to speed up the fermentation?

Yes, warm temperatures will speed up the fermentation.

I remember u saying that u keep kefir in the fridge for up to 5 months past the best before date? I want the lactose be fully gone at the same time I don't some bad guys to be breeding....

I have still drunk the kefir months past the expiration date since it does not go bad that quick. If it molds I will not touch it, but it generally will not do this due to the acidity. You do not need to let it sit that long though to ferment the sugars. I generally let the kefir sit in the fridge a few weeks before drinking it to allow most of the sugars to be fermented first.

I always feel my bowel is not emptied completely in the morning....After I have my breakfast, in 15 mins I have gas formation and also an urge to have a BM. Same thing happens after lunch. My Bowel pattern has been changing a lot in the last three years. Three years ago I was so constipated after taking loads of garlic digestive enzymes etc...at that time slippery elm and licorice helped a lot. but now the BM is more frequent 2-3X times a day....

Various things regulate bowel movements including the flora and thyroid function.

James before me starting to take to avocadoes and nuts I want to fix these digestive and malabsorption issues.

This can indicate dehydration or could be from the malabsorption of fats. If from dehydration then drinking small amounts of water throughout the day can help. Mineralized water is best. If from fat malabsorption I recommend increasing your bile production. Lecithin granules and increased fiber can help here. You are already doing bitters that help with the bile release.

My son:

My 6 yr son has got a cold for more than a week now....I have always been worried about his adrenals....because I have not been a healthy mom when I gave birth to him....Today I have given him little Chinese licorice root( less than a 1/4 teaspoon), 250 mg amla and half b complex. I also gave him Yakult (probiotic drink....kefir is giving him gas as it does for me)....Can you please confirm the licorice root dosage I need to give me?

For you I recommend a half teaspoon of the licorice root three times daily and and a full tablet of B complex as long as it is no larger than a B50. The amount of amla can be increased for your son to help with the cold and for you I recommend increasing your amla to 1.5g three times daily.

He is really sweet gorgeous boy (as you always seen him over Skype) but he is really obsessed with some Cartoon characters like Spiderman and Ben10. I believe that both of us have obsessive compulsive disorder to some extent. He wants to be no 1 all the time and wants to be a superhero.... I know this is little bit too much when compared to other kids....he is in the Spiderman world most of the time.....what I can do to stop this? But to be honest he watches Spiderman cartoon most of the time. He is loved by all his friends and teachers because he is very affectionate and nice well behaved boy but at the same time he is less matured for his age like me. But you advised me that it is mostly environmental reasons but could you suggest some herbs to improve this?

I guess better Spiderman than some of the really violent characters in cartoons these days. But if it is a little bit of OCD, OCD generally responds well to compounds that help increase GABA such as glycine, taurine, glutamine or ashwagandha.

Probably give him some TMG?

We have talked in the past about his other issues and TMG can be helpful for those.

But he is reasonably good at Maths and English.....His Maths teacher says he is quite focused in his work...but when he gets distracted he goes into another world and is little difficult to bring him back.....more of my characteristics....At the same time he stresses himself to get the task to be done quicker.....He wants to achieve but I want him to do so without stressing himself too much so that he does not weaken his adrenals. Am I right?

Yes. And again raising GABA can help reduce distraction.

Sorry for bothering you with the long stories as always.... I am sharing this because you might suggest something that can make life sweeter and smooth for me and my son.

Today is a Bank holiday here in Sydney and I am enjoying the day by writing this post to you. I have been extremely busy and stressed at work for the past few weeks and finally I got the time I wanted..........

Thanks a ton...........

You're welcome.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
08-08-2012 05:10 AM
getwellsoon Offline

(08-08-2012 05:10 AM)James Wrote:  
(08-07-2012 02:42 AM)getwellsoon Wrote:  Hi James,

Iodine 3.75 mg

[b]

I found the problem. The link shows two different iodine amounts depending on if you look at the "Description" or the "Ingredients". The description states "225mcg iodine". But the ingredients state "Iodine 3.75mg", which is a big difference. A dose of 225 micrograms is only .225 milligrams. On the other hand 3.75 milligrams is 3750 micrograms. If the amount of iodine in their description is correct and there is only 225 micrograms of iodine then the amount is not an issue. If the amount of 3.75 milligrams listed on their ingredients is correct then that is excessive. So I don't know what to tell you since I don't know which amount of iodine they claim is correct.

You would still need iodine, but not excessive amounts.

I have no idea if you overdid it since I have no idea how much iodine is in the supplement since they list two drastically different amounts.

Iodine has long been used to treat hyperthyroidism, but it does this by shutting the thyroid down. As the iodine speeds up the thyroid even further the body starts shutting the thyroid down to protect itself from the toxic levels of iodine and the hyperthyroidism.

The risk is if you take it too long then the thyroid could go in to a state of hypothyroidism that will be exacerbated if you suddenly go off the iodine. This is what happened to the person I am helping take care of right now except he did not have hyperthyroidism to begin with. It was the iodine based drug that first threw him in to a state of hyperthyroidism, then severe hypothyroidism when the amount of the drug was cut in half.

Therefore, I recommend slowly weaning off of the iodine to prevent crashing from hypothyroidism from a sudden drop in iodine levels.

What form are you taking it in? Capsules? Powder? Standardized?

I have been taking ACV 2-3 tsps with my breakfast along with my B complex for almost 5 weeks now. But I feel I have started having slight gallbladder pain recently (I have a small gallstone). So I started taking digestive bitters 1X day just before lunch. I think it helps by secreting more bile and I feel better. I have also been taking magnesium malate around 300 mg a day. Does it interrupt with the bile secretion?

Magnesium will relax smooth muscle so it will have a mild effect. But a little oil in the diet is going to still stimulate contractions to more of an extent than the magnesium can inhibit it.

But I remember you telling that it is good in dissolving the gallstones?

Magnesium can help with calcifications by displacing the calcium, such as in calcified gallstones.

I am also trying focus on my digestive issues and address the malabsorption issues....currently my stools are quite loose and also floats most of the times......

Sounds like you are excreting a lot of fat in the stool. Insufficient bile would reduce proper fat absorption.

But the bitters are helping.... I have got some yucca root powder but hesitant to start now because I want be 100% sure I am not allergic to any new herbs I take which might bring back my asthma symptoms.... I think the slippery elm tea helps the stools to be more formed.....

Yes. I cover the pot just to reduce evaporation. But you could add a little hot water every once in a while to replace what is lost by evaporation.

I also got some store bought kefir ...but to allow further fermentation should I open the lid( meaning break the seal)

They do not need to be exposed to air for this. But as the fermentation continues pressure will build up in the container that will need to be released by opening the container once in a while.

Also if the kefir grains are not present in store bought how can further fermentation happen?

Commercial kefir still contains live culture bacteria that do the fermentation.

Can I keep it outside the fridge to speed up the fermentation?

Yes, warm temperatures will speed up the fermentation.

I remember u saying that u keep kefir in the fridge for up to 5 months past the best before date? I want the lactose be fully gone at the same time I don't some bad guys to be breeding....

I have still drunk the kefir months past the expiration date since it does not go bad that quick. If it molds I will not touch it, but it generally will not do this due to the acidity. You do not need to let it sit that long though to ferment the sugars. I generally let the kefir sit in the fridge a few weeks before drinking it to allow most of the sugars to be fermented first.

Various things regulate bowel movements including the flora and thyroid function.

This can indicate dehydration or could be from the malabsorption of fats. If from dehydration then drinking small amounts of water throughout the day can help. Mineralized water is best. If from fat malabsorption I recommend increasing your bile production. Lecithin granules and increased fiber can help here. You are already doing bitters that help with the bile release.

My son:

For you I recommend a half teaspoon of the licorice root three times daily and and a full tablet of B complex as long as it is no larger than a B50. The amount of amla can be increased for your son to help with the cold and for you I recommend increasing your amla to 1.5g three times daily.

He is really sweet gorgeous boy (as you always seen him over Skype) but he is really obsessed with some Cartoon characters like Spiderman and Ben10. I believe that both of us have obsessive compulsive disorder to some extent. He wants to be no 1 all the time and wants to be a superhero.... I know this is little bit too much when compared to other kids....he is in the Spiderman world most of the time.....what I can do to stop this? But to be honest he watches Spiderman cartoon most of the time. He is loved by all his friends and teachers because he is very affectionate and nice well behaved boy but at the same time he is less matured for his age like me. But you advised me that it is mostly environmental reasons but could you suggest some herbs to improve this?

I guess better Spiderman than some of the really violent characters in cartoons these days. But if it is a little bit of OCD, OCD generally responds well to compounds that help increase GABA such as glycine, taurine, glutamine or ashwagandha.

Probably give him some TMG?

We have talked in the past about his other issues and TMG can be helpful for those.

But he is reasonably good at Maths and English.....His Maths teacher says he is quite focused in his work...but when he gets distracted he goes into another world and is little difficult to bring him back.....more of my characteristics....At the same time he stresses himself to get the task to be done quicker.....He wants to achieve but I want him to do so without stressing himself too much so that he does not weaken his adrenals. Am I right?

Yes. And again raising GABA can help reduce distraction.

Thanks a ton...........

You're welcome.

I knew James you can never be wrong....You are Mr. Right..The product that I recieved says 3.75 mg of Iodine.......How can they put two different things ? The original company is Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals and they have listed as 225mcg clearly in the label and supplemental facts in the below link
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?pro...ductTabset
but the product was shipped by Biovea and their link shows two different things.....

I am in shock James as I was 100% confident that I have not done any major mistakes after I started following your advice....
My bad luck such a thing has happened......I want to cry. Why did this happen to me??I have taken it for 19 days .... I can now understand why my asthma symptons have again blown up..
Want can I do to wean myself slowly? just take half the capsule or 1/4 capsule? What else can I do?

I get Jiaogulan as leaves. I grind them to powder.
Botanical Name: Gynostemma pentaphylum
Plant Part: Dried Cut Leaf

What would be the dosage?

Thanks
08-08-2012 06:48 AM
James Offline
Administrator

[/quote]

I knew James you can never be wrong....You are Mr. Right..The product that I recieved says 3.75 mg of Iodine.......How can they put two different things ? The original company is Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals and they have listed as 225mcg clearly in the label and supplemental facts in the below link
but the product was shipped by Biovea and their link shows two different things.....

All I can think of is that maybe they were listing the amount of potassium iodine in one measurement and the amount of elemental iodine in the potassium iodide in the other measurement even though that is not the way it was worded.

I am in shock James as I was 100% confident that I have not done any major mistakes after I started following your advice....
My bad luck such a thing has happened......I want to cry. Why did this happen to me??I have taken it for 19 days .... I can now understand why my asthma symptons have again blown up..
Want can I do to wean myself slowly? just take half the capsule or 1/4 capsule? What else can I do?

Yes, weaning off it slowly would be the best thing to do.

I recommend a 1/4 teaspoon of the powder three times daily before meals. That way you will not lower your cholesterol too much since you need cholesterol for the production of adrenal hormones.

Thanks

You're welcome.
[/quote]

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 04:53 AM by James.)
08-10-2012 04:51 AM
getwellsoon Offline

All I can think of is that maybe they were listing the amount of potassium iodine in one measurement and the amount of elemental iodine in the potassium iodide in the other measurement even though that is not the way it was worded.

Yes, weaning off it slowly would be the best thing to do.

I recommend a 1/4 teaspoon of the powder three times daily before meals. That way you will not lower your cholesterol too much since you need cholesterol for the production of adrenal hormones.

Thanks

You're welcome.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi James,

one more step though I have gained a kilo just by taking the potassium iodide and not taking any thyroid suppressing herbs.....But an unfortunate thing is that I am suspecting I am allergic to Iodine. Sorry for my poor and late diagnosis....I did get some ear pain the next day when I started Iodine but was fine for 1 week. Then I got a sinus infection and wheeze symptoms which I believed was related to my menstrual cycle. But it didn't improve after my menstrual cycle was over. I was also thinking it was due to my stress....(sorry James I am still trying to get matured in handling stress......I am very sure now I have become better) it is been 21 days since I started taking iodide and I have to say my asthma and sinus symptoms has worsened. Also the high dose of potassium dosage has messed my digestion. Or something do with electrolyte imbalance of taking too much potassiunm and taking TMG at the same time?
My question is does the gas from the intestines get absorbed in the blood and circulates throughout the body? I am asking this because I think I wasn't digesting the protein properly and I had a bad chest pain. My dad used to get neck and back pain from the gas. Can you please explain how this happens? I am now doing better with the bitters. What should we do to better absorb the proteins(chicken &lamb)?
I have already tappered my iodine dosage to just 1/4 capsule around 800 microgram....
What would be your advice James? Stop idodine immediately so that my adrenals don't get weakened further or continue to taper the iodine for some more days to support my thyroid?
I read in in the iodine forum those people are supplementing 50-100mg a day at dangerous levels but I am no way near it( just took 3.75 mg/day).

My breathing was totally superb no inhaler nothing before i started iodine... sense of smell excellent but has diminshed again.

I am very sure everything will be fine in a week's time if I stop the allergen....start taking some jiaogulan when I recieve it this week

now my action plan is to build my adreanls back, take bitters, fiber to improve my fat absorption, take prunella in the meantime and finally try iodine once again after my adrenals are fully strengthened..... Can you please confirm the above is correct?
But it so exciting to watch how the body works by trying different things. It is reacting in a positive way for some things negatively for other.....James if I had not known you my whole life would have been in the dark......Thank you so much for enlightening us with so much correct and accurate information to help our bodies.
Thank you so much for your patience.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 07:50 PM by getwellsoon.)
08-11-2012 01:54 AM
James Offline
Administrator

[/quote]

Hi James,

one more step though I have gained a kilo just by taking the potassium iodide and not taking any thyroid suppressing herbs.....But an unfortunate thing is that I am suspecting I am allergic to Iodine. Sorry for my poor and late diagnosis....I did get some ear pain the next day when I started Iodine but was fine for 1 week. Then I got a sinus infection and wheeze symptoms which I believed was related to my menstrual cycle. But it didn't improve after my menstrual cycle was over. I was also thinking it was due to my stress....(sorry James I am still trying to get matured in handling stress......I am very sure now I have become better) it is been 21 days since I started taking iodide and I have to say my asthma and sinus symptoms has worsened. Also the high dose of potassium dosage has messed my digestion. Or something do with electrolyte imbalance of taking too much potassiunm and taking TMG at the same time?

Potassium and TMG together is not a problem. Since the problems are getting worse with the iodine I suggest getting off of it at least for a while an continue working on your adrenals.

My question is does the gas from the intestines get absorbed in the blood and circulates throughout the body?

No. The gas is either expelled or if surfactants are present the gas goes in to solution.

I am asking this because I think I wasn't digesting the protein properly and I had a bad chest pain. My dad used to get neck and back pain from the gas. Can you please explain how this happens?

The most common reason for this is acid reflux. If the digestion is poor the food is going to ferment in the stomach creating gas. The constant pressure makes the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) valve to tire out and as it relaxes the gas and traces of acid race up the esophagus irritating the esophagus. Some foods and drinks such as chocolate, mints, coffee, etc. can also relax the LES leading to reflux. Symptoms of reflux can mimic the symptoms of a heart attack including throat and back pain.

I am now doing better with the bitters. What should we do to better absorb the proteins(chicken &lamb)?

Maintaining stomach acid is the best thing. The bitters and TMG are a good start. Don't forget zinc as well.

I have already tappered my iodine dosage to just 1/4 capsule around 800 microgram....
What would be your advice James? Stop idodine immediately so that my adrenals don't get weakened further or continue to taper the iodine for some more days to support my thyroid?
I read in in the iodine forum those people are supplementing 50-100mg a day at dangerous levels but I am no way near it( just took 3.75 mg/day).

I recommend just going off the iodine at least for a while.

My breathing was totally superb no inhaler nothing before i started iodine... sense of smell excellent but has diminshed again.

I am very sure everything will be fine in a week's time if I stop the allergen....start taking some jiaogulan when I recieve it this week

now my action plan is to build my adreanls back, take bitters, fiber to improve my fat absorption, take prunella in the meantime and finally try iodine once again after my adrenals are fully strengthened..... Can you please confirm the above is correct?

Yes.

But it so exciting to watch how the body works by trying different things. It is reacting in a positive way for some things negatively for other.....James if I had not known you my whole life would have been in the dark......Thank you so much for enlightening us with so much correct and accurate information to help our bodies.
Thank you so much for your patience.

You're welcome.
[/quote]

08-17-2012 11:18 AM