Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bacopa monnieri for memory
Cargoshorts Offline

Bacopa monnieri for memory
Hi James.
An older family member of mine wants to improve memory and brain function, so I ordered some Bacopa monnieri (Brahmi) powder. Awaiting it, hasn't arrived yet. Do you think 1/2 tsp 3xday would be good? Also, if I order some periwinkle powder, any reason why the two shouldn't be mixed together? TIA.

C.S.

<==Reputation: 0?? Dodgy
07-25-2012 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Bacopa monnieri for memory
(07-25-2012 01:03 PM)Cargoshorts Wrote:  Hi James.
An older family member of mine wants to improve memory and brain function, so I ordered some Bacopa monnieri (Brahmi) powder. Awaiting it, hasn't arrived yet. Do you think 1/2 tsp 3xday would be good?

Yes.

Also, if I order some periwinkle powder, any reason why the two shouldn't be mixed together? TIA.

C.S.

Combining brahmi and periwinkle (Vinca minor) is fine. I used to use brahmi in my memory formula. I later took it out though since it became so hard to get a hold of in bulk powder and there was a lot of confusion between it and gotu kola. Brahmi is also called gotu kola, even though it is not the same plant as what is traditionally known as gotu kola (Centella asiatica).

One thing with periwinkle though is that it dries out mucous membranes. Therefore, I generally add moisture retentive herbs such as seaweeds to prevent drying of the intestines that can lead to constipation.

<==Reputation: 0?? Dodgy

I added to your reputation for you.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2012 01:37 PM by James.)
07-26-2012 01:33 PM
Cargoshorts Offline

RE: Bacopa monnieri for memory
4?? Alllriiiight! I've hit the big time!
07-26-2012 03:26 PM