Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
acne prescription
eoeoe69 Offline

acne prescription
i dont know if is better to put this post in "Ask James" or here, cause this is about acne and allopatic medicine and we have here a place for this.

I have a friend who had facial acne and i said him to use zinc and bitters, worket great for him, but now he have back acne, 2 diferent things, red dots and white ones but this doesnt go out, it is like inside

he went to the dermatologist to ask and the dermatologist said to use a special soap with antibiotic for a month (for bboth red and white), after a month his back is better, but still have many, doesnt seem new ones, the doctor now prescrived some antibiotics for internal use, i told to my friend the antibiotics are not good for the flora...

do you know something to use instead of antibiotis?

here its easy to find pau d'arco, but chaparral and andrographis is not possible in this country

maybe there are other things may can help?¿

thanks a lot

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

J.H
07-19-2012 08:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: acne prescription
(07-19-2012 08:27 AM)eoeoe69 Wrote:  i dont know if is better to put this post in "Ask James" or here, cause this is about acne and allopatic medicine and we have here a place for this.

I have a friend who had facial acne and i said him to use zinc and bitters, worket great for him, but now he have back acne, 2 diferent things, red dots and white ones but this doesnt go out, it is like inside

he went to the dermatologist to ask and the dermatologist said to use a special soap with antibiotic for a month (for bboth red and white), after a month his back is better, but still have many, doesnt seem new ones, the doctor now prescrived some antibiotics for internal use, i told to my friend the antibiotics are not good for the flora...

do you know something to use instead of antibiotis?

here its easy to find pau d'arco, but chaparral and andrographis is not possible in this country

maybe there are other things may can help?¿

thanks a lot

Is the doctor sure it is acne? There are other conditions that can resemble acne somewhat such as keratosis pilaris, which is a common skin condition.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
07-19-2012 02:07 PM
eoeoe69 Offline

i didnt know about keratosis pilaris, whats that? im searching on internet, but it says is genetic, then have no cure?

i will ask him to ask to the doctor again, thanks

J.H
07-19-2012 02:51 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(07-19-2012 02:51 PM)eoeoe69 Wrote:  i didnt know about keratosis pilaris, whats that? im searching on internet, but it says is genetic, then have no cure?

i will ask him to ask to the doctor again, thanks

It is genetic, but also very common. It is estimated to affect about 50% of the world population.

One of the reasons I suspect this is because you mentioned both red and white bumps, which occurs in keratosis pilaris. And you said they are not coming to a head as with acne.

As for a cure, no there would not be a cure. There are things that can be done though to minimize it by softening or removing the excess keratin. For example, urea or mild glycolic acid peels. Lightly scrubbing the area with strong ginger tea may also help as ginger contains strong protein digestive enzymes.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
07-20-2012 07:20 PM
eoeoe69 Offline

hi James,

my friend still didn't see the dermatologist, he will go at the end of the month

i've looking some pictures about what u told me, keratosis pilaris or chicken skin, but is doesnt seem the same,

his red pimples aren't near one each other, are like normal pimples, i mean, for example, there are four in the upper part, six down, and some on the sides of the back.

the white ones (my friends said to me that in the sumer, because the sun, can see them better , but in winter seems like dissapear), and what i see is difficult to describe, is just in the upper back part and near the shoulders, maybe a little in the chest, but i tell him also to visit other doctor to have a sencond opinion and then i will tell u

thanks a lot Smile

J.H
08-05-2012 09:22 AM