Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Born Allergic
Nancy Offline

Born Allergic
Hi James,
Are allergies linked to weak adrenals only? What happened to people that are born with certain allergies. How do they do to cure it?
Thanks,
Nancy
07-18-2012 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Born Allergic
(07-18-2012 08:18 PM)Nancy Wrote:  Hi James,
Are allergies linked to weak adrenals only? What happened to people that are born with certain allergies. How do they do to cure it?
Thanks,
Nancy

Infants are born without fully matured adrenals, which is why they are so prone to allergies.

For example, I had allergies to both mother's milk and cow's milk. So I was raised on soy milk instead. With time though my adrenals matured and I outgrew my allergies around the age of 5.

We also see this commonly in children born with asthma. If they do not trophy their adrenals with steroids and stimulant drugs they will generally outgrow their allergies around the age of 5.

Of course there are other factors such as breastfeeding does reduce the risk of allergies as where other protein sources such as cow's milk can increase the risk of allergies and other immune responses in infants. This is because the gut is permeable to allergenic proteins for around the first two years of life. This is why breast feeding is recommended for as close to the first two years of life as possible.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
07-19-2012 12:49 AM
Nancy Offline

RE: Born Allergic
(07-19-2012 12:49 AM)James Wrote:  
(07-18-2012 08:18 PM)Nancy Wrote:  Hi James,
Thanks,
Nancy

Infants are born without fully matured adrenals, which is why they are so prone to allergies.

For example, I had allergies to both mother's milk and cow's milk. So I was raised on soy milk instead. With time though my adrenals matured and I outgrew my allergies around the age of 5.

We also see this commonly in children born with asthma. If they do not trophy their adrenals with steroids and stimulant drugs they will generally outgrow their allergies around the age of 5.

Of course there are other factors such as breastfeeding does reduce the risk of allergies as where other protein sources such as cow's milk can increase the risk of allergies and other immune responses in infants. This is because the gut is permeable to allergenic proteins for around the first two years of life. This is why breast feeding is recommended for as close to the first two years of life as possible.

Thanks James.
Nancy
07-19-2012 11:00 PM