Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Free Testosterone
Msigma Offline

Free Testosterone
Hi.
I have had my testosterone levels checked a few times and the total number is always fine but the % free is always low.
Anything I can do to increase the % free? I workout a lot and am pretty lean, but hold some stubborn fat around my chest - I wonder if its related to low free test.
Also, we are trying to start a family...not sure if that would effect your recommendations.

Thanks
07-15-2012 06:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Free Testosterone
(07-15-2012 06:37 PM)Msigma Wrote:  Hi.
I have had my testosterone levels checked a few times and the total number is always fine but the % free is always low.
Anything I can do to increase the % free? I workout a lot and am pretty lean, but hold some stubborn fat around my chest - I wonder if its related to low free test.
Also, we are trying to start a family...not sure if that would effect your recommendations.

Thanks

There are a number of things that can lower your free testosterone so it would be a good idea to try and find out what is causing the problem.

But there are a few things you can do to help get your testosterone and free testosterone up. First I recommend nettle root, which locks up the sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) preventing it from binding with the testosterone. Zinc can also help by blocking the enzyme aromatase, which converts testosterone in to estrogen. There is also some evidence that fenugreek seed may help increase free testosterone.

Insulin resistance can contribute to the problem. Chromium polynicotinate and magnesium malate or citrate can help improve insulin sensitivity.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
07-18-2012 01:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply