Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tannins and Green Tea
HealthLover Offline

Tannins and Green Tea
Would the tannins in the green tea in this blend affect my getting the benefits of the chamomile and its conversion to tryptophan and then serotonin?

Ingredients: Chamomile, decaffeinated green tea, spearmint, lemongrass, natural lemon and jasmine flavors with other natural flavors (soy lecithin), tilia flowers, hawthorn, orange blossoms, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) and rosebuds.

Also, if I wanted to take fish oil at bedtime and it hurts my stomach, could I take yogurt or kefir with it? Would the oil cause a problem with the probiotic benefit? Or, is it that much better to go to sleep on an empty stomach and therefore just take the fish oil during the day?

Thank you!
07-15-2012 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Tannins and Green Tea
(07-15-2012 01:18 PM)HealthLover Wrote:  Would the tannins in the green tea in this blend affect my getting the benefits of the chamomile and its conversion to tryptophan and then serotonin?

Tannins primarily affect some alkaloids and glycosides. And they can interact with intact proteins and iron. They don't appear to have much of an effect on individual amino acids. So the green tea should not be a problem.

Ingredients: Chamomile, decaffeinated green tea, spearmint, lemongrass, natural lemon and jasmine flavors with other natural flavors (soy lecithin), tilia flowers, hawthorn, orange blossoms, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) and rosebuds.

Also, if I wanted to take fish oil at bedtime and it hurts my stomach, could I take yogurt or kefir with it? Would the oil cause a problem with the probiotic benefit? Or, is it that much better to go to sleep on an empty stomach and therefore just take the fish oil during the day?

The oil will not harm the bacteria directly, but oils do slow gastric emptying meaning the bacteria will be exposed to stomach acid longer, which could affect the bacteria. Therefore, I recommend taking the fish oil during the day with meals.

Thank you!

You're welcome.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
07-16-2012 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply