Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
James I read this about Nettle online.
Rzarector7 Offline

James I read this about Nettle online.
Dried Nettle Loses Its Sting

Although the thought of eating the leaves of a stinging plant might raise your eyebrows, many people who are familiar with nettle's rich content of chlorophyll, iron, manganese, potassium, boron, calcium, proteins, and vitamins A and C gather the herb during the spring -- wearing gloves, of course -- and steam it for a potherb. Nettle's irritating hairs lose their noxious properties once the plant is cooked or dried. And, according to Michael Moore, author of "Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West," dried and powdered nettle leaves make a much better green food than spirulina or chlorella.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/374897...z20NUwctr8

He there says it's a much better green food than both Spirulina and Chlorella! Which are very hyped up and for sales pitches alot of times, yet you hardly hear about Nettle! Would this be true and should I buy powdered Nettle which is alot cheaper and use this over the more expensive Spirulina and Chlorella they market and sell? I want to know your thoughts on Nettle and is it really much better?

I have read over time it can cause Electrolite imbalance and on the other side of things some say it is used long term for the adrenals! So which is it? I want to use a green everyday and wonder if this or Alfalfa would be better? I know you said there is alot better forms of fatty acids than Chlorella etc. before, so would it be best to go cheaper and get more benefits or go with marketing hype?
http://blog.seattlepi.com/naturalnotes/2...acle-herb/

More on it, seems like a great herb but at what dosage can I use the powder daily? I used to use one teaspoon and felt little! Can I use more than that and if so how much and how often James?
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2012 10:40 PM by Rzarector7.)
07-11-2012 10:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: James I read this about Nettle online.
(07-11-2012 10:11 PM)Rzarector7 Wrote:  Dried Nettle Loses Its Sting

Although the thought of eating the leaves of a stinging plant might raise your eyebrows, many people who are familiar with nettle's rich content of chlorophyll, iron, manganese, potassium, boron, calcium, proteins, and vitamins A and C gather the herb during the spring -- wearing gloves, of course -- and steam it for a potherb. Nettle's irritating hairs lose their noxious properties once the plant is cooked or dried. And, according to Michael Moore, author of "Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West," dried and powdered nettle leaves make a much better green food than spirulina or chlorella.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/374897...z20NUwctr8

He there says it's a much better green food than both Spirulina and Chlorella! Which are very hyped up and for sales pitches alot of times, yet you hardly hear about Nettle! Would this be true and should I buy powdered Nettle which is alot cheaper and use this over the more expensive Spirulina and Chlorella they market and sell? I want to know your thoughts on Nettle and is it really much better?

I love nettle leaf. It is my favorite tea with a little lemon grass and stevia then steeped over night.

I also use nettle leaf in a lot of my formulas. For example, it is one of the primary ingredients in my Super Gingko Green.

Is it better than other herbs like spirulina or chlorella? Not really. Each has different properties making each unique. Nettle leaf for example is great for the adrenals, liver, kidneys, thyroid, connective tissues, etc. But it is lower in chlorophyll and does not chelate heavy metals like chlorella. And it much lower in protein than spirulina.

This is actually why I use all three in my Super Ginkgo Green along with a variety of other herbs. There is no single best herb. Each has its benefits and limitations. When I designed the Super Ginkgo Green I chose herbs that supplied high levels of specific nutrients so that they would provide a balance to the other herbs that would have lower levels of specific nutrients, but higher levels of other nutrients. This way there is a high level of a variety of nutrients rather than a high level of a few nutrients and trace levels of others.

I have read over time it can cause Electrolite imbalance and on the other side of things some say it is used long term for the adrenals! So which is it?

Nettle is high in potassium, but it would take an awful lot of nettle leaf at one time to possibly cause an electrolyte imbalance.

On the other hand you are right, it does support the adrenals, which helps with electrolyte imbalance.

I want to use a green everyday and wonder if this or Alfalfa would be better?

Alfalfa herb is another nutritional herb high in certain nutrients and lower in others. That is why I also use it in the Super Ginkgo Green. Alfalfa herb is considered the land version of kelp due to the deep roots that reach minerals many other plants cannot reach.

I know you said there is alot better forms of fatty acids than Chlorella etc. before, so would it be best to go cheaper and get more benefits or go with marketing hype?
http://blog.seattlepi.com/naturalnotes/2...acle-herb/

Again it is not marketing hype. There is no single herb that is rich in all the nutrients and provides all of the benefits that the herbs you mentioned provide individually. This is another reason I like formulas since they provide more benefits as well by each herb bringing its benefits to the formula.

More on it, seems like a great herb but at what dosage can I use the powder daily? I used to use one teaspoon and felt little! Can I use more than that and if so how much and how often James?

A teaspoon three times daily would be fine and provide a lot of benefits.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
07-12-2012 11:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply