Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Neuropathies
James Offline
Administrator

Neuropathies
Neuropathies generally result from myelin breakdown. Elevated glucose is one cause but infection, medications or trauma can also lead to neuropathies.

Neuropathies are best addressed by rebuilding the myelin. Myelin can regrow, but it regrows so slowly that it was once thought to not regenerate. This has since been proven false.

The best way to rebuild myelin is with lecithin, fatty acids and B12.

Lecithin is best taken as granules, which are more concentrated than the liquids or softgels. Recommended dose is one tablespoon 3 times daily. You can sprinkle the granules on food or blend in a smoothie. It has a slightly nutty flavor.

Fatty acids can be derived from fish oils and nut oils. I don't care for salmon oil due to the high risk of heavy metal contamination. Therefore, I recommend other sources of fish oil. Make sure to buy a good quality product. If the oil tastes or smells "fishy" the oil is rancid. Seed oils include hemp, flax, etc.

For B12 I recommend getting a sublingual tablet of methylcobalamin, the active form of B12. By using sublingual tablets it bypasses possible absorption problems. B12 does not need to b supplemented on a daily basis as B12 stores in the liver.

DL-phenylalanine (DLPA) is a good supplement for neurological pain. DLPA is a precursor for the body's dopamine, which is our own pain killer. DLPA should be taken on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes before meals. It takes about 2 weeks to kick in, but the effects are long lasting once it kicks in. And it can help wean him off the pain pills. Recommended intake is 1,000mg 3 times daily on an empty stomach.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
07-10-2012 09:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply