Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
James question on this product with Cream of tartar in it.
Rzarector7 Offline

James question on this product with Cream of tartar in it.
I have not seen you mention this before except it is good to quit smoking. I was using this product here and started to feel alot better overall but quit because I don't now of side effects of Cream of tartar and at what dosage is it safe? If you know anything about Cream of Tatar could you tell me if there is side effects besides loose stools?

This is the product, worked well for me in the past and wanted to try it again. Also whats your take on Lactobacilus Sporangenes? You like bacteria that produces stomach acid I know or read in the past.

http://www.expressnaturals.com/product_p/can454.htm

I had alot of antibiotics in high school so I figured it caused the good to die off and more of the bad in intestines which lead to IBS and other problems I have with digestion.
07-06-2012 01:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: James question on this product with Cream of tartar in it.
(07-06-2012 01:16 PM)Rzarector7 Wrote:  I have not seen you mention this before except it is good to quit smoking. I was using this product here and started to feel alot better overall but quit because I don't now of side effects of Cream of tartar and at what dosage is it safe? If you know anything about Cream of Tatar could you tell me if there is side effects besides loose stools?

For the most part it is pretty safe. In high doses it will cause the loose stools, which can lead to electrolyte imbalances so I would not recommend doses high enough to cause diarrhea.

Cream of tartar could also be an issue for people taking potassium sparing diuretics, since the cream of tartar could lead to excess potassium.

This is the product, worked well for me in the past and wanted to try it again. Also whats your take on Lactobacilus Sporangenes? You like bacteria that produces stomach acid I know or read in the past.

This is an acid forming bacteria, but the flora are not stomach acid forming bacteria. Lactobacillus bacteria and Bifidobacterium produce beneficial acids in the intestines, female reproductive organs, sinuses, mouth and skin.

http://www.expressnaturals.com/product_p/can454.htm

It is only one of several thousand strains of beneficial bacteria that inhabit these areas of the body. The different bacteria can have slightly different properties such as inhabiting different part of the intestinal tract. Therefore I don't care much for single probiotic sources. I prefer cultured foods, which provide a much wider range of beneficial bacterial strains for more beneficial properties.

I had alot of antibiotics in high school so I figured it caused the good to die off and more of the bad in intestines which lead to IBS and other problems I have with digestion.

Don't forget that simply trying to replace the good bacteria does not work. You still need to feed the bacteria to keep them healthy and to boost their numbers. Prebiotic fibers feed the bacteria.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
07-06-2012 10:19 PM
Rzarector7 Offline

RE: James question on this product with Cream of tartar in it.
Yep I know, this has Chickory Inulin in it as well! So it does feed the good bacteria! I will take fermented foods along with this as well mind you, so I see what you are saying but this here does good for me and I agree high doses a no no but at this dosage and fermented foods I should be fine. Thanks once again you are a big help.

I knew back then just taking probiotics did not just work, so I wanted to add inulin as well to it! This had that in there so I figured I would ask you off hand what you thought. I will take it, finish the bottle up and add some fermented foods.
07-06-2012 11:34 PM