Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Skin rash + order question
ObeyTheSloth Offline

Skin rash + order question
Hi James,

My girlfriend is experiencing what appears to have been an allergic response to a metallic bracelet. She developed an itchy rash that, at times, seems to be worsened by heat. The other day, she was more or less fine until the evening, when she ate something and the rash promptly worsened.

I gave her pure quercetin (500 mg) to take throughout the day, plus nettle leaf + coleus. It helped throughout the day until the evening meal, which seems to have been the trigger. She has used ozonated olive oil to relieve itching, but I don't think it's doing anything long-term.

I suspect an adrenal problem (caffeine intolerance, some situational anxiety, allergies) and also some form of liver dysfunction (she has normal panels now, but history of hepatitis A, accutane, easy bruising). I give her your liver formula, as well as chaga, zinc, b complex + vit c, and TMG (the last for serotonin and liver support). An adrenal mix will be added.

Could you recommend on what to do now? Fixing the adrenals is the long-term solution, but what about immediate relief for the rash and other allergies? I know you recommend quercetin, nettle leaf, and watercress, but what else to quell a reaction that has already started and is not completely going away?

Also: I'd like to order from you, and am wondering whether you have:

- thyroid tubs
- adrenal tubs
- Chinese licorice powder

Thank you,
Alex.

EDIT: The dermatologist confirmed it was scabies, although he did not see any parasites in the skin culture. This is odd, as I do not have the infection, myself (she's had it for 18 days now), sleep on the same sheets, etc. Also, the itching did begin promptly after wearing the bracelet, specifically in the area. It is now spreading to her legs.

In the event that it is scabies, I'd like to try a few things.

For my sheets:

http://www.amazon.com/Eco-Living-Friendl...ds=scabies

For my girlfriend's skin:

http://www.amazon.com/Neemaura-Naturals-...s=neemaura

The doc prescribed an anti-itch cream I don't yet know the name of. I'd like the get the above, instead, in case the cream is some hydrocortisone ointment. From what I've read, the neem salve appears uniformly effective.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 08:45 AM by ObeyTheSloth.)
07-06-2012 06:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Skin rash + order question
(07-06-2012 06:21 AM)ObeyTheSloth Wrote:  Hi James,

Hi Alex,

Glad to see you over here.

My girlfriend is experiencing what appears to have been an allergic response to a metallic bracelet. She developed an itchy rash that, at times, seems to be worsened by heat. The other day, she was more or less fine until the evening, when she ate something and the rash promptly worsened.

It could very likely be a reaction to the bracelet. Some jewelry is made with nickel, which a lot of people have reactions to. In fact, contact dermatitis from nickel in jewelry is pretty common.

I gave her pure quercetin (500 mg) to take throughout the day, plus nettle leaf + coleus. It helped throughout the day until the evening meal, which seems to have been the trigger. She has used ozonated olive oil to relieve itching, but I don't think it's doing anything long-term.

Pure ozone directly to the skin would work better than the oil.

Also you can make a concentrated tea of licorice root by boiling the root for about 20 minutes and once it cools apply it topically as a anti-inflammatory for the dermatitis.

I suspect an adrenal problem (caffeine intolerance, some situational anxiety, allergies) and also some form of liver dysfunction (she has normal panels now, but history of hepatitis A, accutane, easy bruising). I give her your liver formula, as well as chaga, zinc, b complex + vit c, and TMG (the last for serotonin and liver support). An adrenal mix will be added.

Easy bruising generally indicates a lack of C, which can contribute to adrenal dysfunction. And coffee will definitely aggravate this as well so you are probably right. And allergies stem from adrenal function. Since it sounds like she was allergic to the metal and to something in her diet again it does sound like adrenal issues.

Could you recommend on what to do now? Fixing the adrenals is the long-term solution, but what about immediate relief for the rash and other allergies? I know you recommend quercetin, nettle leaf, and watercress, but what else to quell a reaction that has already started and is not completely going away?

The licorice root can not only be used topically, but also internally, which will also give the adrenals a big boost.

You can also continue with the forskohlii as well, which will further decrease allergic responses while the adrenals build up.

If you can narrow down what it is in her diet that is also triggering reactions then these can be avoided, which will reduce stress on the adrenals from having to deal with the allergic reactions.

Also: I'd like to order from you, and am wondering whether you have:

- thyroid tubs
- adrenal tubs
- Chinese licorice powder

Thank you,
Alex.

I will have to check, but cannot get over there to look for a few days.

EDIT: The dermatologist confirmed it was scabies, although he did not see any parasites in the skin culture. This is odd, as I do not have the infection, myself (she's had it for 18 days now), sleep on the same sheets, etc. Also, the itching did begin promptly after wearing the bracelet, specifically in the area. It is now spreading to her legs.

In the event that it is scabies, I'd like to try a few things.

For my sheets:

http://www.amazon.com/Eco-Living-Friendl...ds=scabies

For my girlfriend's skin:

http://www.amazon.com/Neemaura-Naturals-...s=neemaura

The doc prescribed an anti-itch cream I don't yet know the name of. I'd like the get the above, instead, in case the cream is some hydrocortisone ointment. From what I've read, the neem salve appears uniformly effective.

I doubt if it is scabies as well. Scabies would not have responded to the quercetin, forskohlii, nettle leaf, etc. And scabies would not have fared up from eating food. It does sound a lot more like allergies.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
07-06-2012 09:31 PM
ObeyTheSloth Offline

Thanks, James. When you get the chance, please let me know whether you have those products in stock.
07-07-2012 01:48 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(07-07-2012 01:48 PM)ObeyTheSloth Wrote:  Thanks, James. When you get the chance, please let me know whether you have those products in stock.

OK. If nothing else I definitely have the capsules, but I will check if I have any powders left since you prefer those.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
07-07-2012 10:58 PM