Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The alkalinizing kills cancer myth
James Offline
Administrator

The alkalinizing kills cancer myth
I'm very interested to understand what you believe would benefit the body then in preventing cancer growth, since it seems everywhere information points to acidic tissue encouraging cancer growth and then alkaline preventing it.

This is another common myth. The acidity is not the cause of the cancer, it is the byproduct. Remember that cancer cells use anaerobic glycolysis in part. What is the byproduct of anaerobic glycolysis? Acidic hydrogen protons.

There is a common myth that cancer cells produce lactic acid. NO human cells secrete lactic acid. Instead they secrete non-acidic lactate as part of their metabolism. Cancerous cells also produce non-acidic lactate, not lactic acid. The acidity of the tissues surrounding a malignant tumor is from the acid forming hydrogen protons the cancer cells export to protect themselves since cancer cells are naturally alkaline.

Alkalinizing has not been shown to cure cancer.

Take for example cesium chloride, which only showed about a 50% success rate. Still sounds impressive until you take in to consideration that this did not factor in other therapies being used.

Also the effects of a chemical DIRECTLY on cancer cells can be vastly different that with ingestion or injection.

As an analogy take in to consideration the study that claimed St. Johnswort caused infertility. When you look at the actual study we find that the SJW extract was applied directly to semen causing the semen to die or deform. So they concluded that SJW would therefore cause infertility.

Using this same method of conclusion we could therefore assume that vitamin and air also cause infertility since they also kill sperm on contact and therefore none of us must really exist.

Point is that injecting cesium chlorides directly at the tumor site can have completely different effects than oral ingestion of cesium chloride.

Taking this further lets say that someone ingests baking soda to try and cure their cancer. If they ingest it what does it come in to contact with? Stomach acid, which ends up forming sodium chloride (table salt) and carbon dioxide. Sodium chloride is considered acid forming, and carbon dioxide mixed with water forms carbonic acid.

And there is the fact that oxygen helps to raise the pH of the body. Yet hyperbaric oxygen therapy does not cure cancer even though it helps to remove acids.

And why don't we see more cancer in the acidic tissues of the body such as the stomach, intestines, female organs and skin?

Apparently there are a lot of flaws in the acid causes cancer alkalinity cures it hypothesis.

Then to go further with this what do you think of this man (Dr.Simoncinihttp://www.curenaturalicancro.com/)
and his hypothesis that cancer is a fungus and that he's able to destroy it by using sodium bicarbonate ? He makes a connection back to candida as well developing under the same circumstances as cancer.

I looked through the site a little, but he is way off base on a few things.

To start with Candida is a normal part of the body. So how would he explain why we don't have cancer? And no, Candida does not have the same origins as cancer.

It would take way to much explaining to go through the whole origins of cancer thing. But in short the vast majority of cancers are viral in origin.

He does make reference to Aspergillus, which he says is a "variation" of Candida, which it is not. Aspergillus niger can cause cancer in severely immunosuppressed patients through its production of aflatoxins. And the cancer it causes is liver cancer. Candida does not produce aflatoxins, nor is it related to Aspergillus.

My question would be is how is the sodium bicarbonate actually affecting the cancer cells. If the sodium bicarbonate is being infused directly to the cancer cells then I would guess that the salts formed are changing the osmotic pressure on the cells. Just neutralizing the acids is not going to do anything as the cancer cells will just make more as they continue with their same metabolism producing more acid forming protons.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2015 01:42 AM by James.)
07-03-2012 05:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Joe Offline

RE: The alkalinizing kills cancer myth
Acidity does not cause cancer.

But having an acidic body makes it more vulnerable to cancer.

Alkalinity does not cure cancer.

But having a healthy diet and lifestyle, which promotes an alkaline body, would be one of those things you would include when treating cancer using natural methods.
07-04-2012 02:02 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(07-04-2012 02:02 AM)Joe Wrote:  Acidity does not cause cancer.

But having an acidic body makes it more vulnerable to cancer.

I disagree. Read my post on the myth of chronic acidosis:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2586

Again, chronic acidosis is extremely rare due to the body having so many redundant systems to maintain a proper pH. Same with alkalosis, although this is considered much more dangerous than acidosis due to the limited means the body has to combat alkalosis.

Furthermore, the use of alkalizers can actually promote cancer through several mechanisms including increasing homocysteine, reducing nutrient absorption, damaging the tissues by the use of mineral hydroxides and increasing the pathogenicity of cancer microbes

I am working on a book about alternative cancer therapies right now and have been covering the myths behind alkalizing and alkalizing therapies pretty heavily since these seem to be the most prevalent myths.

Alkalinity does not cure cancer.

But having a healthy diet and lifestyle, which promotes an alkaline body, would be one of those things you would include when treating cancer using natural methods.

Again, it is difficult to force the body in to an alkaline or an acidic state because the body has numerous mechanisms to maintain its pH since both alkalosis and acidosis can be deadly. When people try to force their pH in one direction or the other all they really do is to put a lot more stress on the body as the body then has to work even harder to correct the over shift of pH.

For example, as I explained earlier hyperventilating will put the body in to a state of alkalosis quickly. But this shunts blood away from the brain and the person passes out. The lungs stop temporarily to allow the build up carbonic acid to restore the pH.

07-04-2012 03:31 AM
Joe Offline

James,

You and I have been to very different schools, researched different information, and had different life experiences. That is not a bad thing. We can present different perspectives, and hopefully both learn from each other.

I think the key for people with cancer, is not to focus in making their body more alkaline, but focus on making it more healthy. When doing this, people with an acidic body will find it makes it more alkaline.

Taking sodium bicarbonate, for example, will not eliminate cancer. But there are other things which will.
07-05-2012 03:11 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(07-05-2012 03:11 AM)Joe Wrote:  James,

You and I have been to very different schools, researched different information, and had different life experiences. That is not a bad thing. We can present different perspectives, and hopefully both learn from each other.

I think the key for people with cancer, is not to focus in making their body more alkaline, but focus on making it more healthy. When doing this, people with an acidic body will find it makes it more alkaline.

Taking sodium bicarbonate, for example, will not eliminate cancer. But there are other things which will.

I think you missed my earlier point though. The body RARELY goes acidic. The claim of this being common is simply sales hype. Take for example the claims that drinking a soda will make the body acidic for three days. There is absolutely no truth to this. The majority of acid in a soda is from carbonic acid, which is simply carbon dioxide dissolved in water. Most of this carbon dioxide though is quickly lost with pouring and more after ingesting. For example, have you ever had to burp after drinking soda. That is carbon dioxide gas being released from the soda. What little carbon dioxide that would make it in to the bloodstream would be quickly utilized, buffered or eliminated. Colas also contain phosphoric acid, but not in any significant amount. And again, this would be buffered as soon as it leaves the stomach just like everything else we consume. The process of digestion does rely on a rather high acidity in the stomach. Once the stomach empties though the acid in the chyme is immediately neutralized by bicarbonate. So soda does not make the body acidic.

Alkaline sites also claim that salt (sodium chloride) is acid forming. But again this is misleading. Sodium chloride is used to produce stomach acid. As the sodium chloride is split the chloride binds with hydrogen forming hydrogen chloride (hydrochloric acid, "stomach acid"). But where does that bicarbonate come from that neutralizes acids leaving the stomach? It also comes in part from the salt. The sodium component and carbonic acid are used by the body to form sodium bicarbonate. So the sodium actually reduces acidity in the first place and creates and alkaline buffer in the process.

There are very few things that can cause acidosis in the body, and most are very transient. For example, certain poisons can cause acidosis. But it resolves when the poisoning is treated. Uncontrolled diabetes can lead to diabetic acidosis, but again this is easily treated and the pH will return to normal. Intense exercise will lead to a build up of acidic protons, but these are removed quickly after the exercise is stopped. Contrary to popular belief the soreness after exercise is not from acidity, it is from micro tears in the muscle tissue. One of the very rare times that we see long term acidosis is with advanced cases of COPD due to hypoventilation. This is because I have pointed out a number of times the body's main means of pH regulation is respiration. Diet actually plays a minor role in PH regulation.

This is why I keep trying to point out to people that you cannot force the body in to an alkaline or acidic state. Since the body can only survive in a very narrow pH range when people try to alkalize the body simply works harder to get the body back in to a proper pH. If the body starts to go acidic, such as again from heavy exercise, the body simply adjusts the pH back to its normal level. Trying to force the pH in to an alkaline state when acidosis is so rare is not going to work and will only put more stress on the body as the body has to work harder to deal with the temporary alkalosis.

Speaking of which, I also pointed out previously that alkalosis is a lot more dangerous to the body that acidosis since the body has numerous methods to deal with acidosis, but virtually nothing to deal with alkalosis.

Getting back more specifically to cancer again there is a lot of misinformation and sales hype surrounding cancer and alkaline therapies. For example, alkaline supporters claim that cancer cannot survive in a highly alkaline environment. Then how do they explain the fact that cancer cells have a pH the same or more alkaline than healthy cells? Cancer cells export acid forming protons to protect themselves since they cannot tolerate an acidic pH internally. So their alkaline pH actually helps the cancer cells to survive and thrive.

The export of protons will make the extracellular matrix acidic, but again increased oxygen levels can decrease this. Some people have resorted to using baking soda to deal with this acidity and the uric acid resulting from the killing of cancer cells by certain therapies. Problem is that it takes a pretty high level of the baking soda to do this since the baking soda would have to completely overwhelm all the stomach's acid t make it intact in to the body as sodium bicarbonate. In the process all the baking soda reacting with the stomach acid is converting in to sodium chloride salt.

So now there is not only a dangerous amount of sodium chloride, but also a decreased ability to absorb nutrients, decreased methylation increasing the risk of cancers, etc.

Again, people need to learn how the body really works rather than relying on internet sales sites for their health information.

07-05-2012 05:50 AM