Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best drinking water?
Joe Offline

What is the best drinking water?
Our family grew up on rain water, and none of us had any real health problems.

At the present time, I drink distilled water, as I don't have a rain water tank.

I think rain water or distilled water is the best.

I noticed in one of the articles, you (James) recommended mineral water.

My concern is, poisonous sprays are used widely these days, and without doubt, some of this seeps into the ground water. So anyone who drinks mineral water, is also consuming some of these poisons (the amount may vary depending on the place).

So is the best water rain water or distilled water?

If something should be added to distilled water to make it better, what would that be?

You could add sodium bicarbonate, to make it less acid. Would that be of any real benefit?

You could put a piece of silver in each container when making distilled water, so a little may dissolve. Some say silver is beneficial. Would that be of any real benefit?

Another option is to consider zinc.

You could put tablet containing a mineral supplement in each container when making distilled water. If so, what should it contain? Would that be of any real benefit?

Using a piece of metal would be much less expensive than adding mineral tablets, as a piece of metal would last many decades.

I would be interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

Does anyone have any other ideas that I have not suggested?
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2012 06:00 AM by Joe.)
06-27-2012 05:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: What is the best drinking water?
(06-27-2012 05:25 AM)Joe Wrote:  Our family grew up on rain water, and none of us had any real health problems.

At the present time, I drink distilled water, as I don't have a rain water tank.

I think rain water or distilled water is the best.

Both rain water and distilled water have their own issues. Rain water can come down as acid rain in some areas for example and can pick up all sorts of pollutants in the air.

Distilled water has a number of issues including turning acidic quickly as it absorbs gases from the air. Purified waters also enter the body much faster than mineralized waters, which puts a load on the system. To protect itself the body tries to eliminate the water as quickly as possible, which is why people urinate more frequently when using purified waters.

Then there is the issue of purified waters being more "aggressive", making them more likely to pull beneficial vitamins and minerals from the body.

I noticed in one of the articles, you (James) recommended mineral water.

More specifically spring water.

My concern is, poisonous sprays are used widely these days, and without doubt, some of this seeps into the ground water. So anyone who drinks mineral water, is also consuming some of these poisons (the amount may vary depending on the place).

Springs rarely have any significant contamination since the Earth works as a fantastic filter for water. As water filters down through hundreds to thousands of feet of soil, sand and rock pollutants tend to be filtered out and broken down by beneficial microbes.

So is the best water rain water or distilled water?

Depends. Rain water again can be easily contaminated by pollutants in the air and that have collected on the roof leading to the cistern.

But again, distilled water has its own list of issues. I would still go with spring water first. Otherwise, if I have to use purified waters I saturate them first to reduce the problems with these waters.

If something should be added to distilled water to make it better, what would that be?

When I have to use purified waters I add food grade diatomaceous earth to my water to saturate the water primarily with silica. I will have to post some of my old posts on this here later.

You could add sodium bicarbonate, to make it less acid. Would that be of any real benefit?

I would not do that for several reasons. One is the sodium content and second because I hate the taste of baking soda. If you want to add an alkalinizer then you would be better off using a tiny amount of something like dolomite (calcium-magnesium carbonate). Or better yet, use the food grade diatomaceous earth.

You could put a piece of silver in each container when making distilled water, so a little may dissolve. Some say silver is beneficial. Would that be of any real benefit?

It will help reduce bacteria in the water, but that is the main benefit. NASA came up with a process a long time ago using silver and copper anodes and cathodes to prevent bacteria and algae from growing in water. Later this technology was licensed to companies that incorporated the process in swimming pools.

Another option is to consider zinc.

Use them together with the acidic distilled water and you will have yourself a battery for electrotherapy!Big Grin That would be one way to make distilled water beneficialRolleyes

Actually I would be a little leery about using metallic zinc in water due to toxicity issues.

You could put tablet containing a mineral supplement in each container when making distilled water. If so, what should it contain? Would that be of any real benefit?

Whether or not this would be beneficial would depend on the mineral supplement. Again, my personal favorite is the diatomaceous earth. It provides beneficial orthosilicic acid when added to water and once it settles out it does not leave any weird aftertaste.

Using a piece of metal would be much less expensive than adding mineral tablets, as a piece of metal would last many decades.

So will an ounce of diatomaceous earth, which costs around $0.40 and does not have the toxicity risks of some metals.

I would be interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

Does anyone have any other ideas that I have not suggested?

I will try to dig up some of my old posts on using diatomaceous earth and get them posted soon. In the meantime you can look at my articles where I have an article talking about the benefits of silica and another on its comparison to horsetail grass, which I don't recommend.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
06-28-2012 06:38 AM
Smithlife Offline

Dies ist, was ich interessiert bin in.Welcome mir contace.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 06:36 AM by James.)
05-14-2013 05:04 AM
Whitey Offline

Hi James,

If I saturate my RO water with FG DE for a day or two and let the DE settle, will it then be OK for long term drinking?

I have a feeling my nails and hair are going to grow faster now if I do this but I HAVE to quit drinking raw RO water.
11-30-2013 05:25 AM
IveyLeaguer Offline

James,

I live in North Georgia, a relatively mountainous area. What would you think of water from a well on a mountain?
~~~
12-13-2013 03:18 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(11-30-2013 05:25 AM)Whitey Wrote:  Hi James,

If I saturate my RO water with FG DE for a day or two and let the DE settle, will it then be OK for long term drinking?

I have a feeling my nails and hair are going to grow faster now if I do this but I HAVE to quit drinking raw RO water.

Yes, it may take more than a few days to settle out initially. Once it settles out though then it will settle out much faster in the future as you add more water to the same DE. Usually it will settle out within a few hours after the initial settling.

And yes, it is safe for long term use.

12-18-2013 01:00 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(12-13-2013 03:18 PM)IveyLeaguer Wrote:  James,

I live in North Georgia, a relatively mountainous area. What would you think of water from a well on a mountain?
~~~

As long as testing of the water shows no contamination from natural sources or other sources such as mining then you should be fine with it.

The deeper wells are the better the quality of the water as a general rule as well.

12-18-2013 01:03 AM