Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
After using a treatment, please share your results
Joe Offline

After using a treatment, please share your results
After using a treatment, it would be very helpful to others, if you come back to the forum, and share the results of the treatment. Wait until enough time has passed so you can really see the results.

If you had an improvement, or the condition was totally resolved, this would encourage others to use a similar treatment.

If it did not work, then it would be helpful for others to know that.

If you had a bad reaction, it is good to warn others.

It is ideal to share
1. Your condition before treatment.
2. Details of the treatment.
3. Results of the treatment.
06-26-2012 07:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: After using a treatment, please share your results
(06-26-2012 07:39 AM)Joe Wrote:  After using a treatment, it would be very helpful to others, if you come back to the forum, and share the results of the treatment. Wait until enough time has passed so you can really see the results.

If you had an improvement, or the condition was totally resolved, this would encourage others to use a similar treatment.

If it did not work, then it would be helpful for others to know that.

If you had a bad reaction, it is good to warn others.

It is ideal to share
1. Your condition before treatment.
2. Details of the treatment.
3. Results of the treatment.

Yes, I have added support forums under some of the topics or their results can be simply posted under the topic and I can make support forums and move the threads if needed. I am leery about simply making a general share your results forum because I am concerned it will degrade in to a place where people will mainly come to post as a means to promote sales, especially of multilevel marketing (network marketing) companies.

I don't even like reviewing other company products because I don't know if people are posting the link to the product for an actual review or for a means of free advertisement.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
06-28-2012 06:56 AM
vills Offline

Does this include negative results of a treatment, such as iodine supplementation?
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 06:53 PM by vills.)
07-13-2012 06:52 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(07-13-2012 06:52 PM)vills Wrote:  Does this include negative results of a treatment, such as iodine supplementation?

Yes, definitely side effects of iodine ingestion should be made public. There are some people on the internet promoting excessive doses of iodine, and numerous people sending them messages about the adverse effects they are having. But the people selling the iodine keep trying to claim the side effects are not from the iodine, but at the same time telling people to do salt flushes, which push out the excess toxic iodine. People need to be made aware of how dangerous taking doses of 100-150mg or more of iodine daily really is.

I have posted quite a bit of information in this on the Thyroid Health/Disorders forum:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=70

The people supporting these excessive levels of iodine have also used various misleading tactics to try and make it appear that excessive levels of iodine are safe. One of the most common tactics is to cite that the Japanese intake of iodine is well above what they are recommending for a daily intake. This is true, but they are leaving out the rest of the story. Primarily the fact that the same foods they get the iodine from such as ocean fish and seaweeds also contain high levels of other halogens and salt, both of which push most of the iodine back out the system. Therefore, the Japanese dietary intake of iodine is nothing like the taking excessive doses of pharmaceutical iodine compounds like Lugol's iodine.

The most recent misleading claims they made was "Large amounts of "iodine" administered per Dr's order!". First of since when do alternative medicine boards believe that doctors know what they are doing? I guess next they will be claiming that since doctors also prescribe large doses of chemotherapy that it must be safe and effective.

What they are referring to though is the large amount of radioactive iodine based contrasting agent used in angiographic imaging. The poster tries to claim that because the people are being injected with 200 grams of iodine from the 400 gram+ contrast agent that this proves the governments claim that 4+ grams of iodine is deadly.

Of course they are exaggerating their claims yet again in an attempt to prove their point. According to their claim, in order to obtain 200 grams of iodine from 400 grams of contrast agent the contrast agent would have to be 50% or 1/2 iodine. Problem is that contrasting agents have nowhere near that amount of iodine. For example, the amount of iodine in high-osmolar contrast media (HOCM) is only 1/7th of the iodinated component of the base. The iodine is low-osmolar contrast media (LOCM) is only 1/9th of the base. And the iodine in iso-osmolar contrast media
(IOCM) is 1/8th of the base. So this is nowhere near 1/2 as they claim. And this base is then diluted with an oil or water before injection so the amount of actual iodine is considerably lower. And finally, the iodine used in contrast agent is not the same as potassium iodide or Lugol's iodine. The contrasting agents consist of tri-iodinated benzene rings. They are not iodine bound to potassium, nor toxic elemental iodine in alcohol. Just because a compound has some of the same atoms this does not mean the compound is the same nor that it will have the same effects. Germanium dioxide will shut the kidneys right down as where organic germanium (Bis betacarboxyethylgermanium sesquioxide) is quite safe. Hexavalent chromium is extremely toxic and carcinogenic as where trivalent chromium is essential to the body and helps prevent and treat type 2 diabetes. Therefore, for them to compare iodinated contrasting agents to potassium iodide or Lugol's iodine is very misleading and a desperate attempt to prove safety when in fact it does just the opposite. If they want to compare potassium iodide and Lugol's iodine to iodinated contrast agents then they would also have to claim that potassium iodide and Lugol's iodine is a primary cause of kidney failure since iodinated contrast agents are the third leading cause of kidney failure.

We also have to keep in mind that this is a single dose, not an ongoing daily supplementation building up the iodine in the system. And because of the dangers of the iodine various other drugs are kept on hand to deal with potential adverse reactions since iodine compounds can be quite toxic.

People need to be made aware of the dangers of these excessive doses of iodine as well as the false and misleading claims being made about iodine.

If you have experienced adverse effects from taking iodine I definitely encourage you to post your story!

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
07-14-2012 08:18 AM
vills Offline

IODINE SUPPLEMENTATION EXPERIENCE:

Ok i'll post it here, if you think it's appropriate to put it elsewhere in your forum please do so. I'll try to keep it short and simple, as some of the particulars are now vague due to chronic fatigue that i now have.

Anyway, about a year a go i tried iodine supplementation as per advise from one of the iodine supplementation forums. Despite saying that my iodine serum levels were ok, i was encouraged to do it as i had cysts and they were usually iodine insufficiency symptoms. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, but not hashimotos (negative results for that, prior to doing the iodine dosing). I did the lugol's liquid iodine, trying a few drops. Along with all the companion supplements (eg salt loading, magnesium, selenium Vit B, Vit C, Nicain etc - at high doses also). I started off with a drop and then did up to approx 12 drops within a 6 -8 month period. At the start i had the detoxing symptoms they mentioned and then felt amazing, just like i would with thyroxine (thyroid meds). But after a few months i began to experience adrenal crash symptoms (just like i did with thyroxine)and ended up in hospital for a month. I was diagnosed with now having hyperthyoridism and now Hashimotos! and the end result was chronic fatigue syndrome. Which i now have to endure. The doctors at the hospital explained that my adrenals were not strong enough to endure the over stimulation of the thyroid and detoxing that i had undiagnosed autoimmune conditions that put me at higher risk also. I had been warned by you James previously, but thought i was onto a good thing and kept going. Just before i ended up in hospital i also received a private email from renowned biologist Ray Peat warning me that only tiny amounts of iodine are ever necessary and safe for the body and that i was running the risk of ending up with hashimotos even if i didn't have it before. He send me pages of international studies showing how high doses of iodine were very dangerous, even in Japan, where if i remember right there is a high level of hashimotos. But by then it was too late.

I think, ie in my opinion from research i've done since (and please let me know if my theory is wrong) is that the premises of why iodine loading seems to work is simply because it detoxes the body including the thyroid
( there is for instance some chinese herbs on sale out there that runs on this theory and as such focuses on detoxing the thyroid and seems to have excellent some results reported but the herbs cost a fortune), however, the price one pays with high iodine is the overload of iodine left in the body which has unforeseen consequences. It's not that your body needs that much iodine, but more a that it needs to be detoxed. I'm learning that i can do this more safely. Also anyone with a compromised immune system and especially weak adrenals runs a very real risk of crashing their adrenals from this high detox method. Any strain on the body being asked to detox at that level is risking their health long term. If your adrenals are weak so is everything else in your body, including kidneys and liver and gut which are needed to expel all the toxins. I later found out i had a gut system dysfunction also, so I was never going to be able to process all those supplements properly anyway. The body is a lot more complex than just dosing (especially at high levels )of one chemical element. I am sure people that try it do succeed, but they are simply lucky that they had a pretty strong constitution to begin with, not realising the risk they were taking. So about a year later now and i'm left with the consequences of too much iodine - hashimotos, hyperthyroidism and CFS from complete adrenal meltdown. Please Be warned others!
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 05:51 PM by vills.)
07-15-2012 05:37 PM
Hardwonwisdom Offline

My families results.
My father who is 67 was on medication for blood pressure / cholesterol reasons. Diet change included the following;

True cinnamon, bee granules, oat bran, rosehip granules, lecithin and Nutritional yeast with breakfast along with yogurt. Taken at least once more during the day.

Herbs
Testosterone mix
Herbal brain formula
Liver/Kidney/Adrenal mix
Adrenal mix
Pau'd arco chaparral alternation every month with one of the following
Chaparral/hydrangea or Chaparral/hydrangea/red root.

Water filtered to remove flouride- soaked with diameteous earth for silica and some magnesium chloride flakes added in small amounts.

Minerals
Bluebonnet Boron
Source Naturals Magnesium Malate
Source Naturals Chromemate Chronium GTF
Zinc Picolinate

My father has kept this up very consistantly for over ten months now. Two months ago he had his blood pressure checkout and the result was excellent.

Have just started taking tmg/glycine/Fo ti equal parts mix twice a day.

My mother who has only just recently started the above program has noticed that the magnesium malate has stopped her having cramps and if she forgets it will start back again.

For myself I had immediate results with my skin from taking the adrenal liver kidney formula. I had put up with acne (nothing bad but annoying) for years and after literally 3 days the change was impressive and lasted. Everything that I have done is based on what I learnt from James from his old forum. Massive thanks to James for the tips and insights into supplements and herbs.

Just a quick heads on anyone hoping to improve your parents mental functions or your own, some exercise and playing brain games is a must. The above program which I think is pretty good isn't enough.
11-01-2012 08:16 PM