Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestions
Joe Offline

Suggestions
It is nice to see this new forum. I hope it helps a lot of people.

I know it is very early stages, but I have some suggestions.

1. I suggest you start a new topic: Suggestions. So people can give you suggestions. You can use the good suggestions, and not bother with the bad ones.

2. I suggest you start a new topic: Off Topic. For those who want to discuss something not related to any of the existing topics.

3. I suggest you start a new topic: Humor. For those who want to share jokes or light-hearted moments. This may cheer up some sick people.

4. It is probably a good idea to have the topic: Health News. For any news stories that come up. You may even have General News, for non-health news.

I know you are just starting, and you were probably going to do some of these things next week, but you just have not had time.
06-26-2012 06:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Suggestions
(06-26-2012 06:16 AM)Joe Wrote:  It is nice to see this new forum. I hope it helps a lot of people.

Thanks Joe.

1. I suggest you start a new topic: Suggestions. So people can give you suggestions. You can use the good suggestions, and not bother with the bad ones.

2. I suggest you start a new topic: Off Topic. For those who want to discuss something not related to any of the existing topics.

3. I suggest you start a new topic: Humor. For those who want to share jokes or light-hearted moments. This may cheer up some sick people.

4. It is probably a good idea to have the topic: Health News. For any news stories that come up. You may even have General News, for non-health news.

I know you are just starting, and you were probably going to do some of these things next week, but you just have not had time.

Thanks for the suggestions. I followed a few of them adding a Holistic News forum and an Allopathic News forum. I also added a Site and Forum Suggestion link.

As for the idea for non-medical forums I don't want to add these. The idea of this site is to be like a central bank of medical information. I don't want this site to become a free for all for posts like the site I used to post on. For example, one of the big topics there right now is "Alien Hybrid Human Baby Found In Peru". When people are allowed to post off topic things can really degrade as in this case. I do not want that to happen here.

Again the idea is to be a central bank for medical information. And if a bunch of non-medical topics are added then that is more people will have to weed through to get the medical information they are coming to this site to find. As the site grows this will already be an issue as there will be so much to read through and so many topics to search.

Certain non-medical topics also invite arguing that tend to escalate quickly in to personal attacks. For instance religion and politics. Therefore, I really want to make sure that this site remains a medical information site only.

I kind of agree on the jokes part to lighten things up. But again, jokes can be offensive to many depending on the joke. Some people may not like jokes about certain politicians, or that are racial or sexual. If someone has a funny medical joke or cartoon then they can find a place a post it such as under the General Health forum that I made for posts that do not fit any particular forum or they are not sure where to post a particular thing. This way there is a lot less chance of offensive jokes or cartoons being posted.

Thanks again for sharing your suggestions.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
06-26-2012 11:31 PM
audible Offline

RE: Suggestions
(06-26-2012 11:31 PM)James Wrote:  
(06-26-2012 06:16 AM)Joe Wrote:  It is nice to see this new forum. I hope it helps a lot of people.

Thanks Joe.

Thanks for the suggestions. I followed a few of them adding a Holistic News forum and an Allopathic News forum. I also added a Site and Forum Suggestion link.

As for the idea for non-medical forums I don't want to add these. The idea of this site is to be like a central bank of medical information. I don't want this site to become a free for all for posts like the site I used to post on. For example, one of the big topics there right now is "Alien Hybrid Human Baby Found In Peru". When people are allowed to post off topic things can really degrade as in this case. I do not want that to happen here.

Again the idea is to be a central bank for medical information. And if a bunch of non-medical topics are added then that is more people will have to weed through to get the medical information they are coming to this site to find. As the site grows this will already be an issue as there will be so much to read through and so many topics to search.

Certain non-medical topics also invite arguing that tend to escalate quickly in to personal attacks. For instance religion and politics. Therefore, I really want to make sure that this site remains a medical information site only.

I kind of agree on the jokes part to lighten things up. But again, jokes can be offensive to many depending on the joke. Some people may not like jokes about certain politicians, or that are racial or sexual. If someone has a funny medical joke or cartoon then they can find a place a post it such as under the General Health forum that I made for posts that do not fit any particular forum or they are not sure where to post a particular thing. This way there is a lot less chance of offensive jokes or cartoons being posted.

Thanks again for sharing your suggestions.
I was glad to see your answer because I was hoping you would stick
with health that is the only reason I read your site.
06-27-2012 07:24 AM