Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eyes swollen from sunburn
skye Offline

eyes swollen from sunburn
Hi James,

I sat in the sun too long and got a sunburn. Today, 2 days later, my eyes were swollen. The right one was almost swollen shut and opened up somewhat during the day. There is a lot of swelling and a pocket of fluid in the upper inner corner of the eye, by my nose.

I've been using aloe vera gel and coconut oil (not together) and also an herbal spray that I have (with my eyes closed).

My vision is fine but it's very embarrassing to go out in public. I look like a racoon.

My DH insisted that I go to emergency. The Dr. said to take Benadryl and Prednazone and use an antibacterial creme. I let him know that I don't believe in taking drugs. I'm not using any of them. So he said the swelling should go down in 3 to 5 days.

Can you think of anything else that would help?

Thanks!
skye
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2012 06:56 PM by skye.)
06-25-2012 06:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: eyes swollen from sunburn
Hi Skye,

There are a couple of simple things that may help. You can grate some raw cucumber to make a pack to put over your eyes. Just grate the cucumber then lay down and close your eyes. Lay the cucumber over your eyelids and just relax for about 30 minutes. The cucumber is cooling, soothing and help to reduce swelling.

Another trick is to take some teabags of black tea. Moisten them then again lay back and close your eyes then lay the teabags over the eyes for about 30 minutes. The tannins the tea are astringent and are also good for sunburns.

James

(06-25-2012 06:50 PM)skye Wrote:  Hi James,

I sat in the sun too long and got a sunburn. Today, 2 days later, my eyes were swollen. The right one was almost swollen shut and opened up somewhat during the day. There is a lot of swelling and a pocket of fluid in the upper inner corner of the eye, by my nose.

I've been using aloe vera gel and coconut oil (not together) and also an herbal spray that I have (with my eyes closed).

My vision is fine but it's very embarrassing to go out in public. I look like a racoon.

My DH insisted that I go to emergency. The Dr. said to take Benadryl and Prednazone and use an antibacterial creme. I let him know that I don't believe in taking drugs. I'm not using any of them. So he said the swelling should go down in 3 to 5 days.

Can you think of anything else that would help?

Thanks!
skye

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
06-25-2012 07:18 PM
skye Offline

RE: eyes swollen from sunburn
Thanks for answering so fast, James.

I tried the cucumber and it helped reduce the swelling.

I love your new forum, by the way.

skye
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2012 10:10 AM by skye.)
06-26-2012 10:10 AM