Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Building up the adrenals
James Offline
Administrator

Building up the adrenals
The best way to build up the adrenals is with natural vitamin C, pantothenic acid, and adaptogenic herbs.

For vitamin C I like papaya, watercress, berries, and kiwis for food sources. Herbal sources include amla, acerola cherry, rosehips, and nettle leaf.

For pantothenic acid the best source is bee pollen. Nutritional yeast, rice bran, oat bran, nettle leaf and seaweeds are also good choices.

Some of the best adaptogenic herbs include schisandra berry, Chinese licorice root, astragalus, Siberian ginseng (Eleuthero), jiaogulan (Gynostemma), and ashwagandha. Nettle leaf and amla berry are also excellent for the adrenals.

Try to avoid stress as much as possible. Also stay away from pharmaceutical steroids and all stimulants like caffeine and nicotine. Keep in mind that caffeine can be found in many hidden sources including aspirin, kola nut (bissy nut) and guarana (extremely high). I also recommend avoiding adrenal glandulars as these can atrophy the adrenals with long term use.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 04:31 PM by James.)
06-23-2012 06:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
audible Offline

RE: Building up the adrenals
(06-23-2012 06:10 PM)James Wrote:  The best way to build up the adrenals is with natural vitamin C, pantothenic acid, and adaptogenic herbs.

For vitamin C I like papaya, watercress, berries, and kiwis for food sources. Herbal sources include amla, acerola cherry, rosehips, and nettle leaf.

For pantothenic acid the best source is bee pollen. Nutritional yeast, rice bran, oat bran, nettle leaf and seaweeds are also good choices.

Some of the best adaptogenic herbs include schisandra berry, Chinese licorice root, astragalus, Siberian ginseng, jiaogulan, and ashwagandha. Nettle leaf and amla berry are also excellent for the adrenals.

Try to avoid stress as much as possible. Also stay away from pharmaceutical steroids and all stimulants like caffeine and nicotine. Keep in mind that caffeine can be found in many hidden sources including aspirin, kola nut (bissy nut) and guarana (extremely high). I also recommend avoiding adrenal glandulars as these can atrophy the adrenals with long term use.

I also added your adrenal supplements (btw fast service throug e-bay).
Can they be used instead of the other supplements you suggest or
should it be in addition to.
06-26-2012 09:56 AM
James Offline
Administrator

I also added your adrenal supplements (btw fast service throug e-bay).

[/quote]

Many of those are in the Adrenal Tonic Capsules. Jiaogulan for example is in the capsules but listed under "Gynostemma". Pollen is the highest source of pantothenic acid, which is also in there. For vitamin C there is a 4:1 concentrate of acerola cherry. So you are covered by the formula and a good diet.

06-26-2012 09:32 PM
audible Offline

(06-26-2012 09:32 PM)James Wrote:  I also added your adrenal supplements (btw fast service throug e-bay).

Many of those are in the Adrenal Tonic Capsules. Jiaogulan for example is in the capsules but listed under "Gynostemma". Pollen is the highest source of pantothenic acid, which is also in there. For vitamin C there is a 4:1 concentrate of acerola cherry. So you are covered by the formula and a good diet.
[/quote]

Thank you.
06-26-2012 09:40 PM
elise8 Offline

Will the suggestions you mention help with the fatigue I have in conjunction with adrenal issues? I have eliminated stress in my life, eat a very healthy diet, sleep 8-9 hours per night, but still have fatigue and tiredness. I have tried other adrenal formulas on the market w/o glandulars and they seem to make me more tired. I watched all of your videos and you make so much sense to me so I joined the forum hoping to get some answers. I have given up on conventional and alternative medicine for the time being.
Thank you!
Elise
04-09-2014 05:50 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(04-09-2014 05:50 PM)elise8 Wrote:  Will the suggestions you mention help with the fatigue I have in conjunction with adrenal issues? I have eliminated stress in my life, eat a very healthy diet, sleep 8-9 hours per night, but still have fatigue and tiredness. I have tried other adrenal formulas on the market w/o glandulars and they seem to make me more tired. I watched all of your videos and you make so much sense to me so I joined the forum hoping to get some answers. I have given up on conventional and alternative medicine for the time being.
Thank you!
Elise

Hi Elise,

Adrenal fatigue is just one of many things that can cause fatigue. Hypothyroidism, nutritional deficiencies, liver stagnation, anemias, various medications, sleep apnea, diabetes, etc. can also cause fatigue. If your issue is not adrenal fatigue this could explain why things are not getting better. You need to look at all your symptoms as a whole. For example, adrenal dysfunction can also lead to allergies, asthma, autoimmune disorders, water retention, blood sugar dropping when you don't eat, etc. Hypothyroidism symptoms can also include dry hair and skin, low body temperature, constipation, mental fogginess, high cholesterol, etc. regardless of what the inaccurate laboratory thyroid tests show. Diabetes can also cause excessive urination, excessive hunger, excessive thirst, blurred vision, neuropathies, etc.

James

05-11-2014 02:42 AM