Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Welcome Message
James Offline
Administrator

Welcome Message
Welcome to MedCapsules.

My name is James and I am the administrator for this site. I would like to take this time to explain to everyone a little bit about MedCapsules.com

It can be frustrating to try and do medically related information on the Internet. Information is very scattered and too often conflicting or simply incorrect. Therefore, I wanted to see a site where people could find evidence backed medically related information covering both allopathic and alternative medicines in one place.

MedCapsules.com is a revenue sharing site. This means that contributors of medically related articles and videos as well as forum hosts will share in advertising revenue from sources such as Google AdSense, Amazon and others. See the Terms of Service for more details.

Contributors are allowed to provide information in different formats on a wide variety of topics from chemotherapy to spiritual healing as long as the topics are medically related and not advertisements for sales sites.

I also wanted a place where people can feel safe and comfortable to post. Too many sites I have seen and posted on were like the Wild West where rules against personal attacks were not enforced. This drove many people away from these sites, and left many others lurking in the shadows unwilling to post in fear of being personally attacked. Therefore, I intend to make sure that personal attacks are not tolerated on MedCapsules and repeat offenders will be permanently banned from the site.

When it comes to any topic there will always be differing views. Debating topics such as medicine can be quite beneficial since it forces people to present more evidence to prevent people from questioning their claims and to back their claims. Therefore, debate is allowed on MedCapsules as long as the debate is kept civil. In other words, no name calling including claiming someone is a “conspiracy theorist, and no other forms of personal attacks will be tolerated.

And so everyone understands what debate is it is not simply stating someone is wrong because you say so. Debate involves taking a point of view and backing that point of view of with evidence. The evidence can be in the form of solid explanations, medical journal sources, alternative medical articles, etc.

Another problem I have seen with various sites is that postings were being removed simply because a moderator disagreed with the information being posted. Not because there were any violations of the rules. In my opinion this is wrong on several levels. Nobody has all the answers so what is credible and non-credible information should not be determined by one person. And posts someone worked hard on erased or moved because that single person did not agree with the information or did not understand the evidence. Sites that do this lose credibility because they only want you to see one view even if there is overwhelming evidence that the view is incorrect. Again, this is why debate needs to be allowed so evidence to a side is presented and people have a choice to accept what evidence they find most credible or better yet to investigate further.

Again, welcome to MedCapsules.com and everyone enjoy.

James

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
06-17-2012 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nancy Offline

RE: Welcome Message
Hi James,
Thank you for creating this site so people could continue to ask question and learn medecine and health with objectivity and democracy.
Such site is so much needed so people such as yourself could freely speak and share.
True education must be in the absence of oppression.
With appreciation,
Nancy
06-25-2012 05:36 PM
James Offline
Administrator

Thanks Nancy.

I look forward to watching this site grow. Where I was posting has become such a pit of disinformation where anyone disagreeing or posting the dangers of a therapy were ganged up on and attacked by the same group of people.

I felt it was important to create a place where people could come to learn, present information, challenge claims and post dangers of therapies as long as it is done in a professional manner. And they could do so without a barrage of personal attacks. People need to feel safe posting, which is why I intend to strictly enforce the rules here.

Look forward to seeing more of your posts.

James

(06-25-2012 05:36 PM)Nancy Wrote:  Hi James,
Thank you for creating this site so people could continue to ask question and learn medecine and health with objectivity and democracy.
Such site is so much needed so people such as yourself could freely speak and share.
True education must be in the absence of oppression.
With appreciation,
Nancy

06-25-2012 05:53 PM
teenee65 Offline

Hi James,

So glad to see you sharing in another forum. You have been such a wealth of information to me. I am very grateful for you. Smile

Tina
06-25-2012 07:02 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(06-25-2012 07:02 PM)teenee65 Wrote:  Hi James,

So glad to see you sharing in another forum. You have been such a wealth of information to me. I am very grateful for you. Smile

Tina

Thanks Tina

06-25-2012 07:07 PM
abigail66 Offline

Hi James, I'm glad to see you have started this forum and are back at it. I'm confused about the name though, and the logo. The both seem to give off the vibe of allopathic medicine, rather than natural medicine, where I know your heart is. How did you come up with the name?
06-25-2012 07:50 PM
audible Offline

Thank you for being available again.
06-25-2012 08:20 PM
James Offline
Administrator

Hi Abagail,

I kind of explain this in the Welcome post. This site is neither pro-allopathic nor pro-holistic. The idea was to create a central bank of medical information allowing the person to choose what kind of information they are looking for, allopathic or holistic. And to be able to find information more easily without having to weed through thousands of sales sites.

For example, let's say you want information on whether the new hyped diet. Of course if you type in the name how many thousands of websites full of sales hype will pop up? This is why sales advertising is not going to be allowed in the forums. Instead, if you are looking for information on a particular subject then you can go to the forum for that topic and see the research, articles or opinions on that subject without having to go through hoops trying to get to the core of the information.

Another problem with sales sites is that they tend to be full of the same old repeated sales hype they copied from other sales sites. This is why debate is going to be allowed on MedCapsules as long as it is actual debate (supporting your stance with actual evidence) and it is kept civil. Debate forces people to actually research the claims they are making in order to present the evidence they need to back their claims. Since claims made on sales sites do not constitute evidence this will help to reduce the amount of hyped up claims seen on other health boards.

As for the name MedCapsules the name refers to the medical information being presented in the articles. We are not completely set up on this part, but the idea is a revenue sharing site for the articles. There are other revenue sharing sites such as HubPages and Squidoo. The articles on HubPages are known as "Hubs" and on Squidoo they are known as "Lenses". The articles on MedCapsules are referred to as "Capsules". So in short the name refers to medical articles.

And again the site is neither pro-allopathic nor pro-holistic. The only requirement is that the articles and the forums and their posts relate to medicine. Even posts on things like homeopathy, emotional healing and veterinary medicine are allowed. I don't want this site to become a free for all of posting whatever like I have seen on the "health forums" where I used to post. There the primary topics have become politics, religion and UFOs. When people are looking for health information they want health information, not political or religious rants.

I realize that the site was just allowing posts on anything under the sun including threads started for the sole purpose of posting a barrage of personal attacks against anyone who the "in crowd" disliked, to boost page views. I don't care about the page views here. I want to emphasize quality over quantity. This will also reduce the amount of junk posts and information people will have to weed through to get to the actual valuable information.

Since I also want people to feel safe to post here I will be staying on top of posts as best as I can banning people who are here just to be disruptive or to post personal attacks. I see that even before it was announced on the site that I used to post on that I had this site one of the posters there was already attacking this site. If they want to play their games on that site then so be it. I am not going to allow these people to play their games here.

As for the logo, I had no role in that. I don't know enough about computers to build a website. The person who is building the website for me put up the logo, which I actually see as being fitting. The image is actually somewhat resembling the medical caduceus. And the two colors are good representatives of the two sides of medicine, allopathic and holistic. And notice how in the logo both sides are blending together as it should be. Neither allopathic nor holistic medicine has all the answers and both are necessary and have their place. And as you have read my posts in the past you are aware that yes I am personally primarily focused on holistic medicine, but you will also see that I do recommend lab tests and some allopathic procedures when necessary.

James

(06-25-2012 07:50 PM)abigail66 Wrote:  Hi James, I'm glad to see you have started this forum and are back at it. I'm confused about the name though, and the logo. The both seem to give off the vibe of allopathic medicine, rather than natural medicine, where I know your heart is. How did you come up with the name?

06-25-2012 10:28 PM
James Offline
Administrator

Thanks. I did want to keep sharing information, but I was getting pretty upset over the constant personal attacks that were being allowed where I was posting. I see now that I am no longer there the personal attacks by the same people has shifted to new targets. I think it is a good thing that I am no longer there and posting somewhere where information can be shared without having to deal with a few people controlling what they feel should and should not be allowed to be presented to the public.

I look forward to watching this grow in to something really wonderful.

(06-25-2012 08:20 PM)audible Wrote:  Thank you for being available again.

06-25-2012 10:38 PM
zsunelson Offline

Hi James,

thank you for letting us follow you and learn from you.

Look forward to great posts in a stress free environment.

Suz.
06-25-2012 11:59 PM
eoeoe69 Offline

Hi James, is great you have your own professional forum, thanks for be allways there, i've learned from you real things to help me and others, in less time that all my life

just say thanks and say that you'll have allways my support

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

J.H
06-26-2012 01:51 AM
James Offline
Administrator

Thanks Suz, glad to see you here.

(06-25-2012 11:59 PM)zsunelson Wrote:  Hi James,

thank you for letting us follow you and learn from you.

Look forward to great posts in a stress free environment.

Suz.

06-26-2012 03:12 AM
James Offline
Administrator

Thanks.

(06-26-2012 01:51 AM)eoeoe69 Wrote:  Hi James, is great you have your own professional forum, thanks for be allways there, i've learned from you real things to help me and others, in less time that all my life

just say thanks and say that you'll have allways my support

06-26-2012 03:14 AM
i-love-clouds Offline

THANK YOU, JAMES. It is SO nice to know that you have your own site. THANK YOU!!! The old site is not what it could be, or should be. This is much better.... Heart
06-26-2012 08:34 AM
audible Offline

(06-25-2012 08:20 PM)audible Wrote:  Thank you for being available again.

James I like your explanation about what you expect from the site.
There is a real need for "just" a healthsite.
06-26-2012 09:00 AM
MarciGal Offline

Great and wonderful to see you've finally got your own interactive website! Been waiting for this for awhile! All the best, James. I know it will grow and be EXCELLENT!!

CONGRATS!

I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
06-26-2012 09:14 AM
skye Offline

Thanks for making this new website, James. So many of us need help with our health ... what I see looks great so far.

Thank you,

skye
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2012 10:14 AM by skye.)
06-26-2012 10:13 AM
James Offline
Administrator

Thumbs Up RE: Welcome Message
Thanks everyone. Glad to see everyone here and all the great support.

06-26-2012 11:39 PM
vills Offline

(06-26-2012 11:39 PM)James Wrote:  Thanks everyone. Glad to see everyone here and all the great support.

So very very glad you have your own website, about time! A place of real information without any of the bells and whistles at the other "place" imposed as part of dispensing uneducated dictatorial information. It feels like coming to a breath of fresh air where i know i will get real logical and comprehensively informed advice, without feeling i have subscribe to crap.

Thank you James for making yourself available to us novices wanting to take responsibility for educating ourselves. Believe me what we learn here is passed onto others so its an invaluable tool for spreading change and awareness.

Ahh so ecstatic! Thank you thank you!
07-12-2012 07:25 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(07-12-2012 07:25 PM)vills Wrote:  
(06-26-2012 11:39 PM)James Wrote:  Thanks everyone. Glad to see everyone here and all the great support.

So very very glad you have your own website, about time! A place of real information without any of the bells and whistles at the other "place" imposed as part of dispensing uneducated dictatorial information. It feels like coming to a breath of fresh air where i know i will get real logical and comprehensively informed advice, without feeling i have subscribe to crap.

Thank you James for making yourself available to us novices wanting to take responsibility for educating ourselves. Believe me what we learn here is passed onto others so its an invaluable tool for spreading change and awareness.

Ahh so ecstatic! Thank you thank you!

Thanks for the support.Smile

07-12-2012 08:06 PM