Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Hyperparathyroidism from tumor not from vit. D defficiency?
Anderson Offline

Hyperparathyroidism from tumor not from vit. D defficiency?
Hi James,

I hope you have 5 minutes to watch this video about hyperparathyroidism:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLhOVCF717Q

Here's their website: http://www.parathyroid.com/

These people claim that hyperparathyroidism is caused by tumor in the parathyroid glands and not because of vitamin D defficiency or high phosphorus intake.

They also claim that the only way to fix it is a simple surgery to remove one or more glands which, of course, they perform.

I wonder if this makes any sense.

Hope you find some time to comment on this.

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 11:59 AM by Anderson.)
04-10-2014 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Hyperparathyroidism from tumor not from vit. D defficiency?
(04-10-2014 11:57 AM)Anderson Wrote:  Hi James,

I hope you have 5 minutes to watch this video about hyperparathyroidism:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLhOVCF717Q

Here's their website: http://www.parathyroid.com/

These people claim that hyperparathyroidism is caused by tumor in the parathyroid glands and not because of vitamin D defficiency or high phosphorus intake.

They also claim that the only way to fix it is a simple surgery to remove one or more glands which, of course, they perform.

I wonder if this makes any sense.

Hope you find some time to comment on this.

Thanks!

Parathyroid tumors are believed to be caused from low active vitamin D3 levels.

High phosphorus intake leads to pseudohyperparathyroidism, which still results in calcium loss due to an excess release of parathyroid hormone.

I strongly disagree with several of his claims.

First of all that hyperparathyroidism results in osteoporosis. This is actually a very common mistake made by many people in the medical field. Osteoporosis DOES NOT result from a loss of bone minerals. A loss of bone minerals results in osteopenia and osteomalacia. Osteoporosis is the result of a lack of collagen matrix, which prevents the proper deposition of minerals in to the matrix. Calcium supplementation will not treat osteoporosis. The two primary nutrients required to properly treat osteoporosis are silica and vitamin C due to their role in the formation of collagen matrix and because silica is what allows mineralization of the bone's collagen matrix.

I also disagree that the bisphosphonate drugs such as Boniva and Actonel are "good drugs" as he claims. These drugs are well known for increasing the risk of bone fractures and have been linked to osteonecrosis of the jawbone. These drugs are also very caustic and can burn holes through the esophagus and have been found to cause a severe burning sensation in the body, sometimes permanent, in some cases.

These drugs increase the risk of bone fracture in short by overmineralizing bone decreasing their ability to flex and absorb forces they are subjected to. In addition, these drugs inhibit proper bone remodeling, which is essential to maintain healthy bone. In short these drugs create crappy, "rotted" bone underneath a plastering of minerals. It's like painting over rotten wood to hide the fact that it is rotten underneath.

Unfortunately, it takes about 10 years to get these drugs back out of the system.

So I can't see how anyone can claim these drugs are "good". Dangerous, yes. Problematic since they can increase the risk of fracture among other problems, yes.

I also disagree with osteoporosis being treated simply with calcium and vitamins. Again, this will not work. First of all the only way to successfully treat osteoporosis is to rebuild the collagen matrix first so you have the scaffolding that can be mineralized to form bone. Then you still have to supply all the nutrients needed to build bone, which requires more than just calcium and vitamins. You need silica, vitamin C, sulfur, copper, zinc, amino acids (proline, hydroxyproline, lysine, hydroxylysine and glycine), calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, strontium, natural fluoride, manganese, boron, vitamins A, D, E, and K and essential fatty acids.

Even with all the proper nutrients bone still will not mineralize without stimulating the piezoelectric effect of bone, which unless you want to sit around strapped to electrodes requires exercise.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
05-02-2014 01:49 AM
Anderson Offline

RE: Hyperparathyroidism from tumor not from vit. D defficiency?
"Even with all the proper nutrients bone still will not mineralize without stimulating the piezoelectric effect of bone, which unless you want to sit around strapped to electrodes requires exercise."

Would it be heavy exercise?
05-21-2014 02:47 AM