Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can You Reply to These Points Please James?
Robynmc Offline

Can You Reply to These Points Please James?
Hi

Doug Graham (80 10 10 diet) answers questions in a forum on vegsource.com. I remember you had laid out several arguments against Doug's points. Can you clarify some of the points raised there. This is the original post with your points posted http://www.vegsource.com/talk/raw/messag...43212.html
and if you scroll down the replies are underneath that post.

thanks for your help James
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 03:26 AM by Robynmc.)
09-02-2013 03:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Can You Reply to These Points Please James?
(09-02-2013 03:17 AM)Robynmc Wrote:  Hi

Doug Graham (80 10 10 diet) answers questions in a forum on vegsource.com. I remember you had laid out several arguments against Doug's points. Can you clarify some of the points raised there. This is the original post with your points posted http://www.vegsource.com/talk/raw/messag...43212.html

Posted responses. But it looks like "Dr. Graham" is not interested in backing up his claims with the evidence he claims he has. Instead he wants me to provide the evidence to my claims debunking his claims. That is not the way that things work. It is up to the original claimant to back their claims. What I pointed out are well known facts in medicine and I also pointed out a contradiction in his claims that he is refusing to address as well. So I put up a post directly to him to see if he will back his claims and explain his discrepancy. As I pointed out if he really knows what he is talking about he should have no problem addressing what I have said and presenting that medical research he claims to have to back his claims.

I am not going to take the time to look up and post medical research proving what is already well known in medicine over all of his bogus claims. There are just too many bogus claims to address and it would be really time consuming. That is why my response to him only addressed a few of his claims so we can start by addressing these first. I will see if he even bothers to respond with the evidence he claims to have. If not then in my mind that will just prove that he never had any evidence to begin with.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
09-04-2013 02:16 AM
Robynmc Offline

(09-04-2013 02:16 AM)James Wrote:  

Posted responses. But it looks like "Dr. Graham" is not interested in backing up his claims with the evidence he claims he has. Instead he wants me to provide the evidence to my claims debunking his claims. That is not the way that things work. It is up to the original claimant to back their claims. What I pointed out are well known facts in medicine and I also pointed out a contradiction in his claims that he is refusing to address as well. So I put up a post directly to him to see if he will back his claims and explain his discrepancy. As I pointed out if he really knows what he is talking about he should have no problem addressing what I have said and presenting that medical research he claims to have to back his claims.

I am not going to take the time to look up and post medical research proving what is already well known in medicine over all of his bogus claims. There are just too many bogus claims to address and it would be really time consuming. That is why my response to him only addressed a few of his claims so we can start by addressing these first. I will see if he even bothers to respond with the evidence he claims to have. If not then in my mind that will just prove that he never had any evidence to begin with.

Thanks James! Really appreciate it. Totally agree with you. If what he says is true he wouldn't hesitate to post proof and back up his claims. I doubt you will get a worthy response. We shall see ...

thanks again
09-04-2013 04:47 AM
Robynmc Offline

(09-04-2013 04:47 AM)Robynmc Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 02:16 AM)James Wrote:  

Thanks James! Really appreciate it. Totally agree with you. If what he says is true he wouldn't hesitate to post proof and back up his claims. I doubt you will get a worthy response. We shall see ...

thanks again

Well he replied with "Personally, I think Jeremiah did a great job. " Not surprised! He couldn't even address you even if it was just to say that.

He also stated " Didn't mean to be impolite. Haven't had internet except for a few minutes each day for the last week. Literally, internet was down, as sometimes happens.

I respect that everyone wants me to reply to everything, but I think James's comments have been well addressed by Jeremiah, and James didn't really add anything except more of the same in his latest rant.

I was actually tempted to delete the entire thread, as I am really not sure how to see it as supportive, productive, or in any way valuable to the users of this forum. " All I can say is a big fat LOL to that reply.

Just for anyone who doesn't know Doug Graham this is a recent video below. Enlarge and watch in HD, does this look like a healthy man?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pu6-0K6KdY
09-06-2013 04:11 PM
James Offline
Administrator

I see he is still refusing to back his claims with the evidence he claims to have.

Also see where I answered someone's question of rheumatoid arthritis and he threatened to ban me for "playing doctor"? No wonder. In another post he states he does not do private consultations on the board but offers the service through his site. If people are giving proper advice on his board for free then he can not sell them his service. Based on what I have seen from his responses though it appears that he believes alkalizing, fasting and an all fruit diet is the cure all for all diseases. I hope these people are not spending much on his private consultations.

09-07-2013 07:32 PM
James Offline
Administrator

I see Dr. Graham banned me for continuing to ask for the research he claims to have backing up his claims.

And one of his supporters posted I was an herbalist selling supplements as if I was evil or something. So I tried to post this response, which of course won't post:

And your point? I also have a very long medical background and I do not charge for the information I give unlike others who say I do not do public consultations but provide this service on my site.

I also spend a great deal of time doing research staying on top of what is new in medical research and teach classes on holistic medicine. I don't make claims of having research I cannot present to back my claims as I have seen done here. Especially the claims that are direct conflict with what is well known in real medicine.

What I posted was factual and can be verified with some simple research. And with that information the person can go to any health food store and buy what they need and make the recommended changes in diet, which I also don't make a dime from. My goal is to help people. I don't give away my information for free to make a profit.

He also erased my posts, including the ones answering people's questions he could not or would not answer. Of course he states in his one post that he does not do public consultations online, but offers this service on his website. In other words, anyone answering his followers questions for free would cut in to his charging whatever he charges to answer their questions. And from what I have seen from his answers I think he needs to set up a booth like Lucy and charge a nickel for his advice because that is all I think his incorrect information is worth.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 06:46 PM by James.)
09-08-2013 06:42 PM
Robynmc Offline

(09-08-2013 06:42 PM)James Wrote:  I see Dr. Graham banned me for continuing to ask for the research he claims to have backing up his claims.

And one of his supporters posted I was an herbalist selling supplements as if I was evil or something. So I tried to post this response, which of course won't post:

And your point? I also have a very long medical background and I do not charge for the information I give unlike others who say I do not do public consultations but provide this service on my site.

I also spend a great deal of time doing research staying on top of what is new in medical research and teach classes on holistic medicine. I don't make claims of having research I cannot present to back my claims as I have seen done here. Especially the claims that are direct conflict with what is well known in real medicine.

What I posted was factual and can be verified with some simple research. And with that information the person can go to any health food store and buy what they need and make the recommended changes in diet, which I also don't make a dime from. My goal is to help people. I don't give away my information for free to make a profit.

He also erased my posts, including the ones answering people's questions he could not or would not answer. Of course he states in his one post that he does not do public consultations online, but offers this service on his website. In other words, anyone answering his followers questions for free would cut in to his charging whatever he charges to answer their questions. And from what I have seen from his answers I think he needs to set up a booth like Lucy and charge a nickel for his advice because that is all I think his incorrect information is worth.

His actions speak louder than words. There's a forum similar to 80 10 10 called 30bananasaday.com and those that run it don't allow debate or others to voice their problems. They ban left right and centre and dispose of those that threaten their "knowledge". This appears to be Doug's tactic now. If you've got a different viewpoint with solid evidence, you will be gone!

Doug has written ... "Yes, James and all spammers will be blocked and deleted, according to VS rules". Looks like he's playing the game of defaming your character to look like Doug was protecting us all from James "the big evil spammer" and he is the hero.
09-09-2013 08:44 AM
Anderson Offline

Interesting topic!

I have raised questions in his forum before and got no good answers either:

http://foodnsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6640

My main doubt regarding the 80/10/10 diet is the issue with fat. The claim is that fat has to be limited to 10% of the calories to prevent it from disturbing insulin function. I wanted to know if there is anything scientific to support this idea since this is what makes this diet hard to follow. 10% in grams would already be difficult, 10% of calories is even worse.

What do you think about this idea James? I mean the 10% fat idea.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013 06:50 AM by Anderson.)
09-10-2013 06:49 AM
James Offline
Administrator

Yes, I saw that. And some of his followers are calling him on his action rightfully so. I was in no spamming. I freely gave information not connected to any sales. Again I see it as I was a threat to his paid consultations since unlike him I was detailed with my responses and was not charging for the information or trying to sell anything.

What gets me is his diet and advice is dangerous and he posts I have read from his followers show it. Just like the latest:

http://www.vegsource.com/talk/raw/messag...43403.html

Her symptoms clearly show nutritional deficiencies that of course can happen with such strict diets. Especially B12, which is virtually impossible if not impossible to get from plants. And it looks like she had her nutrient levels checked and of course many are low.

Quacks though do not like debate because there is always someone willing to do the research if they don't already know they are making up claims and those people will expose their claims and the fact they are a fraud. Some people who follow quacks though need to learn the hard way.

09-10-2013 06:52 AM
Robynmc Offline

"If you would like to organize a debate between James and myself, I am sure such a program could be pursued and organized, if both parties agreed. I do not know James's schedule, but currently I am working at a private event, teaching 8 hours per day. I am concurrently running my business 8 hours per day. I am finding a few minutes each day for VS, but could not possibly agree to the time required for a debate before November, soonest. "

Ohhh let's make this happen Smile
09-11-2013 01:35 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(09-10-2013 06:49 AM)Anderson Wrote:  Interesting topic!

I have raised questions in his forum before and got no good answers either:

http://foodnsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6640

My main doubt regarding the 80/10/10 diet is the issue with fat. The claim is that fat has to be limited to 10% of the calories to prevent it from disturbing insulin function. I wanted to know if there is anything scientific to support this idea since this is what makes this diet hard to follow. 10% in grams would already be difficult, 10% of calories is even worse.

What do you think about this idea James? I mean the 10% fat idea.

The idea of such a low fat diet I think is ridiculous. Fats are the most efficient dietary fuel for the body. And simply consuming more fats in the diet is not going to automatically mean insulin resistance.

Deficiencies off chromium or magnesium are well known for causing insulin resistance as well.

Also, the studies about increased dietary fats have been contradictory and this study shows that the type of fat makes a difference:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5092

One problem I see with much of the research and why it may be contradictory is many of the studies were conducted by feeding rats high levels of fish oil, which is not part of their normal diet. Feed an animal something not part of their normal diet and problems will occur. Just like how they came up with the high cholesterol causes heart disease hypothesis. The hypothesis came about by feeding rabbits high levels of cholesterol, which is not part of their diet and thus their bodies would not be adapted to metabolizing the cholesterol.

09-12-2013 02:31 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(09-11-2013 01:35 PM)Robynmc Wrote:  "If you would like to organize a debate between James and myself, I am sure such a program could be pursued and organized, if both parties agreed. I do not know James's schedule, but currently I am working at a private event, teaching 8 hours per day. I am concurrently running my business 8 hours per day. I am finding a few minutes each day for VS, but could not possibly agree to the time required for a debate before November, soonest. "

What format does he want to use? Radio? It should also be stated ahead of time what specifics are to be discussed so evidence can be presented to claims.

By the way, I see where he is stating that I "promoted his own site and services". And this is his grounds for calling me a spammer. So I am going to address his claim. First of all I posted a single link to a non-sales article on autoimmunity so the poster could understand the basics of autoimmunity and address the cause since Dr. Graham was not giving her any real answers. It was not even a link to a sales site and thus I don't see how he is calling it spam. Secondly, I was not offering my services in any way. Again, the link is simply to an article going in to detail on what causes autoimmunity so the cause can be addressed. Part of this involves some dietary changes such as more vitamin C and pantothenic acid rich foods and avoiding stimulants like coffee. That has nothing to do with sales. And there is a list of herbs to build up the adrenals, none of which I sell individually and many that I don't even have in my formulas. So the person can simply go to any health food store and obtain what they need.

The biggest tell though that he is simply making excuses is the fact that he erased all of my posts even though there was only one post with a link, which was to that article. He could have eliminated the link and banned me from further posting but left the other helpful information up there if he did not feel threatened by me. For example, one poster was discussing lactic acid build up during exercise. So I explained that no human cells produce lactic acid, they produce non-acidic lactate. I also explained the very temporary acidity from exercise is from hydrogen proton buildup, which is why we continue to breathe heavy after exercise even though the muscles no longer need all the excess oxygen. The excess oxygen removes the protons. Once the levels drop to normal shortly after exercise so does our respiration. The soreness from exercise therefore IS NOT from acidity as was being claimed but rather is the result of minute muscle tears.

In a continuing post I responded to the question of why then do we feel less stiffness as we start moving around. So I explained how the warmth of the muscles helps to loosen them up after they get cold and contract from relaxation. Same reason heat is used to loosen up tight muscles after an injury.

All of that information is easily verified with a little simple research. But it appears Dr. Graham is pushing the old disproven acidity causing muscle soreness myth. Thus my posts were removed even though they factually answered the posters questions and were in no way spam.

It also gave him an excuse to hide my posts requesting that he backs up his claims with that research he claims to have. He has plenty of time to post excuses, but not enough time to post even one research article to back his claims? He said he has all this research so he does not even have to go searching the web for it and thus it should take less time to post a few studies that it took him to post all of his excuses. Luckily I saved a copy of that post asking for the evidence and addressing some of his weird claims:

Subject: Re: Doug - your response to these points?
Date: September 4, 2013 at 2:31 am PST

That goes both ways. I have been in medicine nearly 33 years and spend a great deal of time researching how the body really works. That is why I was aware of your errors and contradictions. So if you have the medical texts proving your claims are true I would love to see them since it is up to the original claimant to back their claims. It is not other people's jobs to prove you wrong.

For example, let's see your medical documentation that grains cause acid toxemia since it is well known that the body maintains a tight reign on its pH through multiple mechanisms. And where is the proof that this increases the risk of any of the over 120 forms of arthritis or cancer? The only form of arthritis that is associated with an acid I can think of is gout, which is not that common. And again, there are sources of uric acid from the body itself such as during the routine breakdown of old cells and from purine sources that can come from raw foods as well. As for cancer, it is well known in real medicine that acidity does not cause cancer. In fact, many acids are known to inhibit cancer such as betulinic acid, chlorogenic acid, malic acid, etc. It is also a well known fact in medicine that the internal pH of cancer cells is more alkaline than healthy cells since cancer cells cannot tolerate acidity.

I would also like to see your response to this question I posted regarding your contradiction:

"If the polypeptides are being excreted intact then how are they being broken down to form uric acid?"

I would also like to see your proof that Candida is a constant presence in the blood being that this would be pathogenic if it were true and we would all be extremely sick or dead if that were true. So again, where are your medical studies backing this claim.

And I would love to see your explanation of how frozen food remains frozen so it can kill the flora when it would take quite a few hours to reach the colon in a living person that would have a body temperature way above freezing. Here is your quote again:

""At the same time, frozen and ice-cold foods kill the bacteria in the gut that are responsible for the production of vitamin B-12."

Unless the person has frozen to death and is still in below freezing conditions their food would not be frozen very long. And in that case the food would not be reaching their colon anyway. That does not even require medical evidence, just some simple common sense.

So let's start by your addressing these first, then we will move on to the various other claims you have made that I posted contradictions to.

I will be really surprised if he follows through with the debate challenge. If he actually goes through with it I want this recorded with a medium such as radio with both parties agreeing to the recording so either party can post the debate.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013 04:03 AM by James.)
09-13-2013 03:06 AM
Robynmc Offline

(09-13-2013 03:06 AM)James Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 01:35 PM)Robynmc Wrote:  "If you would like to organize a debate between James and myself, I am sure such a program could be pursued and organized, if both parties agreed. I do not know James's schedule, but currently I am working at a private event, teaching 8 hours per day. I am concurrently running my business 8 hours per day. I am finding a few minutes each day for VS, but could not possibly agree to the time required for a debate before November, soonest. "

What format does he want to use? Radio? It should also be stated ahead of time what specifics are to be discussed so evidence can be presented to claims.

By the way, I see where he is stating that I "promoted his own site and services". And this is his grounds for calling me a spammer. So I am going to address his claim. First of all I posted a single link to a non-sales article on autoimmunity so the poster could understand the basics of autoimmunity and address the cause since Dr. Graham was not giving her any real answers. It was not even a link to a sales site and thus I don't see how he is calling it spam. Secondly, I was not offering my services in any way. Again, the link is simply to an article going in to detail on what causes autoimmunity so the cause can be addressed. Part of this involves some dietary changes such as more vitamin C and pantothenic acid rich foods and avoiding stimulants like coffee. That has nothing to do with sales. And there is a list of herbs to build up the adrenals, none of which I sell individually and many that I don't even have in my formulas. So the person can simply go to any health food store and obtain what they need.

The biggest tell though that he is simply making excuses is the fact that he erased all of my posts even though there was only one post with a link, which was to that article. He could have eliminated the link and banned me from further posting but left the other helpful information up there if he did not feel threatened by me. For example, one poster was discussing lactic acid build up during exercise. So I explained that no human cells produce lactic acid, they produce non-acidic lactate. I also explained the very temporary acidity from exercise is from hydrogen proton buildup, which is why we continue to breathe heavy after exercise even though the muscles no longer need all the excess oxygen. The excess oxygen removes the protons. Once the levels drop to normal shortly after exercise so does our respiration. The soreness from exercise therefore IS NOT from acidity as was being claimed but rather is the result of minute muscle tears.

In a continuing post I responded to the question of why then do we feel less stiffness as we start moving around. So I explained how the warmth of the muscles helps to loosen them up after they get cold and contract from relaxation. Same reason heat is used to loosen up tight muscles after an injury.

All of that information is easily verified with a little simple research. But it appears Dr. Graham is pushing the old disproven acidity causing muscle soreness myth. Thus my posts were removed even though they factually answered the posters questions and were in no way spam.

It also gave him an excuse to hide my posts requesting that he backs up his claims with that research he claims to have. He has plenty of time to post excuses, but not enough time to post even one research article to back his claims? He said he has all this research so he does not even have to go searching the web for it and thus it should take less time to post a few studies that it took him to post all of his excuses. Luckily I saved a copy of that post asking for the evidence and addressing some of his weird claims:

That goes both ways. I have been in medicine nearly 33 years and spend a great deal of time researching how the body really works. That is why I was aware of your errors and contradictions. So if you have the medical texts proving your claims are true I would love to see them since it is up to the original claimant to back their claims. It is not other people's jobs to prove you wrong.

For example, let's see your medical documentation that grains cause acid toxemia since it is well known that the body maintains a tight reign on its pH through multiple mechanisms. And where is the proof that this increases the risk of any of the over 120 forms of arthritis or cancer? The only form of arthritis that is associated with an acid I can think of is gout, which is not that common. And again, there are sources of uric acid from the body itself such as during the routine breakdown of old cells and from purine sources that can come from raw foods as well. As for cancer, it is well known in real medicine that acidity does not cause cancer. In fact, many acids are known to inhibit cancer such as betulinic acid, chlorogenic acid, malic acid, etc. It is also a well known fact in medicine that the internal pH of cancer cells is more alkaline than healthy cells since cancer cells cannot tolerate acidity.

I would also like to see your response to this question I posted regarding your contradiction:

"If the polypeptides are being excreted intact then how are they being broken down to form uric acid?"

I would also like to see your proof that Candida is a constant presence in the blood being that this would be pathogenic if it were true and we would all be extremely sick or dead if that were true. So again, where are your medical studies backing this claim.

And I would love to see your explanation of how frozen food remains frozen so it can kill the flora when it would take quite a few hours to reach the colon in a living person that would have a body temperature way above freezing. Here is your quote again:

""At the same time, frozen and ice-cold foods kill the bacteria in the gut that are responsible for the production of vitamin B-12."

Unless the person has frozen to death and is still in below freezing conditions their food would not be frozen very long. And in that case the food would not be reaching their colon anyway. That does not even require medical evidence, just some simple common sense.

So let's start by your addressing these first, then we will move on to the various other claims you have made that I posted contradictions to.

I will be really surprised if he follows through with the debate challenge. If he actually goes through with it I want this recorded with a medium such as radio with both parties agreeing to the recording so either party can post the debate.

Yeah I saw it all and you made excellent points. The banning was definitely uncalled for. He said that it was the site management that removed your posts and not him but someone must've alerted them.

I guess Skype could be a good medium to use. The specifics could be worked out nearer the time. Maybe your friend Markus Rothkranz could be the mediator/host?
09-13-2013 05:06 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(09-13-2013 05:06 PM)Robynmc Wrote:  
(09-13-2013 03:06 AM)James Wrote:  

Yeah I saw it all and you made excellent points. The banning was definitely uncalled for. He said that it was the site management that removed your posts and not him but someone must've alerted them.

I don't believe that the management deleted my posts for a second. He had already threatened that my posts would be deleted and I would be banned for "playing doctor". So it sounds to me like he erased the posts. Especially since he is giving medical advice and even mentioning his site yet I don't see his posts being erased nor his banning.

Also, if t were the board hosts they would likely only have removed the one non-sales link he keeps falsely claiming was spam.

I guess Skype could be a good medium to use. The specifics could be worked out nearer the time. Maybe your friend Markus Rothkranz could be the mediator/host?

Sounds good. Markus would have the equipment also to videotape the exchange so that it can be posted online.

Since I cannot post on the site anymore do you want to post the acceptance of a debate by me and the fact that evidence will be required and it will be taped and posted?

09-13-2013 09:23 PM
Robynmc Offline

Quote: Especially since he is giving medical advice and even mentioning his site yet I don't see his posts being erased nor his banning.

I think it's because he has been assigned as the host of that board and can market his services in return for answering questions there whereas others aren't given this privilege.

Quote:Since I cannot post on the site anymore do you want to post the acceptance of a debate by me and the fact that evidence will be required and it will be taped and posted?

No problem. Posted the acceptance. Thanks James.
09-14-2013 06:22 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(09-14-2013 06:22 AM)Robynmc Wrote:  Since I cannot post on the site anymore do you want to post the acceptance of a debate by me and the fact that evidence will be required and it will be taped and posted?

No problem. Posted the acceptance. Thanks James.[/quote]

Looks like you may need to repost the challenge in a new thread at the top of the forum since it is being ignored.

09-21-2013 03:53 AM
Robynmc Offline

(09-21-2013 03:53 AM)James Wrote:  Looks like you may need to repost the challenge in a new thread at the top of the forum since it is being ignored.

No problem, I planned to repost the acceptance in a new thread soon if he hadn't responded. I've gone ahead and done it now while it's on my mind.

This was the message ....

"Hi Doug

Re the debate with James you said ...

"If you would like to organize a debate between James and myself, I am sure such a program could be pursued and organized, if both parties agreed. I do not know James's schedule, but currently I am working at a private event, teaching 8 hours per day. I am concurrently running my business 8 hours per day. I am finding a few minutes each day for VS, but could not possibly agree to the time required for a debate before November, soonest."

I spoke with James and he agrees to a debate. He stated that "It should also be stated ahead of time what specifics are to be discussed so evidence can be presented to" and that " evidence will be required and it will be taped and posted?"

You mentioned that you couldn't commit to a date before November. Can we discuss a date during or after November that is suitable so that this can be checked against James's schedule?

It would be great to get the date sorted asap.

thanks
"
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 09:58 AM by Robynmc.)
09-21-2013 09:58 AM
Robynmc Offline

I'm not sure if you have seen the reply James. He says "Contact my office manager so that such details can be discussed, please. "

This is the contact form on his site http://www.foodnsport.com/contact/.
09-22-2013 02:03 PM
James Offline
Administrator

My keyboard is broken on my main computer. Apparently this is a known issue with this Logitech keyboard. So I had to go back to my old computer.

Yes, I saw the post. I can do this pretty much whenever as long as it is in the afternoon PST. I will be up in Canada though sometime in the beginning of October, so that is the only date at the moment I will not be available.

09-26-2013 01:54 AM
Robynmc Offline

(09-26-2013 01:54 AM)James Wrote:  Yes, I saw the post. I can do this pretty much whenever as long as it is in the afternoon PST. I will be up in Canada though sometime in the beginning of October, so that is the only date at the moment I will not be available.

Did you contact the office manager at the contact address I posted above, http://www.foodnsport.com/contact/ ? I wasn't sure if you wanted to do it yourself since you aren't banned there?
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2013 06:44 AM by Robynmc.)
09-26-2013 06:43 AM