Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Over-active metabolism - period has stopped
dog8food Offline

Over-active metabolism - period has stopped
I have a friend in China, she dances for a living and she cannot put on any weight. She eats healthy (lots of veggies in chinese diet) but she's become so skinny that she stopped having her period. Could this be an indication of hyper-thyroidism? I'm wondering if she should try the lemon balm or bugleweed. She can't really try going to a doctor because healthcare is very poor in the area in which she lives.
03-14-2013 06:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Over-active metabolism - period has stopped
(03-14-2013 06:07 PM)dog8food Wrote:  I have a friend in China, she dances for a living and she cannot put on any weight. She eats healthy (lots of veggies in chinese diet) but she's become so skinny that she stopped having her period. Could this be an indication of hyper-thyroidism? I'm wondering if she should try the lemon balm or bugleweed. She can't really try going to a doctor because healthcare is very poor in the area in which she lives.

It does sound like she is possibly hyperthyroid. Other symptoms can include fatigue, diarrhea, elevated body temperature, insomnia, heart palpitations, etc.

If this is the case then the bugleweed and Melissa (lemon balm) are some of the best herbs for this condition. If she cannot find those then she can look for prunella, which is used in Chinese medicine under the name xia ku cao, which also suppresses thyroid function.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
03-15-2013 05:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply