Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alkaptonuria
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Alkaptonuria
(01-14-2014 06:29 PM)maurice Wrote:  Hi James peace, you are a wonderfull help with my wife's ongoing journey with cancer thankyou.
may i ask you about alkaptonuria and do you have any suggestions our friends son age 3 has just been diagnosed.
love and regards

Unfortunately alkaptonuria is a hereditary disease, so there is very little that can be done. Primarily the focus would be dealing with side effects such as the joint damage and kidneys stones. And preventing more issues by limiting the intake of phenylalanine and tyrosine ingestion.

Nettle leaf is supportive to the joints and kidneys and helps to dissolve various types of kidney stones.

High doses of vitamin C as ascorbic acid can also help. For a three year old though I recommend not exceeding 1500mg of ascorbic acid daily. Ascorbic acid is best taken in split doses such as 500mg 3 times daily.

The only other thing I can think of that may offer some benefit would be supplementing with trimethylglycine (TMG). TMG can help with damaged DNA repair so it might have some benefit with DNA abnormalities.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
02-17-2014 02:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Alkaptonuria - maurice - 01-14-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: Alkaptonuria - James - 02-17-2014 02:34 AM