MedCapsules Forum
Question About Nocturia (Night Urination) - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Question About Nocturia (Night Urination) (/showthread.php?tid=6839)

Question About Nocturia (Night Urination) - hidden_cow - 12-04-2014 04:59 PM

Hey James! I just turned 20 last week ( I am a male ), and this has been happening for at least a year now. And it's starting to get real old...

I will get up to use the bathroom at least once a night, sometimes up to 3 times. I simply don't understand it.

My question is: Are you aware of any reasons this may be happening? It seems everyone just thinks it's too much fluids before bed- which I know that is not the case because I used to drink a full glass of water before bed with no problem.

In fact, has anyone else on this forum dealt with such an issue, especially at such a young age? I'd love to hear feedback.

Thanks a bunch!

RE: Question About Nocturia (Night Urination) - myszkab - 04-11-2015 01:53 PM

I am a 21 y/o male who has been dealing with the same exact problems for the past 2 years or so. No matter if I drink fluids before bed or not, I will have to get up and use the bathroom at least once every night. Most nights it will only occur after about 6 hours in bed, but it disrupts my sleep on top of dealing with insomnia. Also, it seems like I need to urinate quite freqeuently throughout the day, as compared to the average person. I do drink a lot of fluids, mostly water and minimal caffeine/alcohol, although I have never actually counted the number of times in a single day.

The number one cause of polyuria (excessive urination) is known to be Diabetes, which I am certain I do not have. I'm not sure if that would apply to you.

I have considered doing a log of input/output to help determine the cause. I am trying to avoid the physician's office, at least for now, to refrain from any unnecessary tests, as long as the problem does not get much worse.

Seems weird that both of our problems came about in the late teen years, and for this I do not have any explanation.

RE: Question About Nocturia (Night Urination) - James - 06-04-2015 02:49 AM

(12-04-2014 04:59 PM)hidden_cow Wrote:  Hey James! I just turned 20 last week ( I am a male ), and this has been happening for at least a year now. And it's starting to get real old...

I will get up to use the bathroom at least once a night, sometimes up to 3 times. I simply don't understand it.

My question is: Are you aware of any reasons this may be happening? It seems everyone just thinks it's too much fluids before bed- which I know that is not the case because I used to drink a full glass of water before bed with no problem.

In fact, has anyone else on this forum dealt with such an issue, especially at such a young age? I'd love to hear feedback.

Thanks a bunch!

Could be a couple of things. A prostate issue, which yes can still happen in younger men, a spastic bladder, diabetes insipidus, or a sugar type diabetes are some of the more likely causes.