MedCapsules Forum
James, how do you take these remedies? - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: James, how do you take these remedies? (/showthread.php?tid=6673)

James, how do you take these remedies? - fullset - 07-31-2014 06:05 PM

Hi James,

I was wondering if you have any recommendation for bitters to take for liver cleansing. Store/Amazon/E-bay?

Also how do you take:

1. DE - I read in other thread that you recommend dissolving in a gallon of water. Can I add a few tbsp of Bragg's vinegar since in that thread you mention that acid in the stomach promotes conversion to orthosilic (sp?) acid? Should I take it before/during/after food? BTW, I plan on ingesting the DE -I've read it tastes like chalk, but I'm weird and I like the taste of it.

2. Milk Thistle - Empty stomach, along with food, after food?

3. N-acetyl cysteine - Empty stomach, along with food, after food?

4. Vitamin C DIY liposomal - Empty stomach, along with food, after food?

5. MSM - Empty stomach, along with food, after food?

6. Coconut oil - for liver and gallbladder cleanse

7. Bitters - Empty stomach, along with food, after food?

Thanks,

Fullset

RE: James, how do you take these remedies? - stanley - 08-05-2014 04:02 AM

Point 4: James is not a big fan of the synthetic form of vitamin c. The best sources are kiwis, limes, pineapples.

Herbs: The best time to take them is at least 20-30 minutes before a meal.

Bitters: Just put the bitters on your tongue and do not eat them.

RE: James, how do you take these remedies? - fullset - 08-05-2014 07:46 PM

Thanks Stan for your reply.

Regarding vitamin C, it would be almost impossible to get the amounts that I want to take. Putting aside all debates about synthetic vs natural forms of vitamin and minerals, the bottom line remains, that we are severely deficient in vitamin C.

Out of all the species that have inhabited our beautiful planet, I think only 4 or 5 species do not produce their own vitamin C. This unfortunately includes us, other primates, bats, guinea pigs, and may be a few others. Since we are supposed to be very similar to primates, it is easy to make comparisons with them.

Please review the following paper:

http://beyond-belief.org.uk/sites/beyond-belief.org.uk/files/kmilton_micronutrient.pdf

A primate weighing around my weight (170 lb) eats 6-8g of vitamin C a day, and this is just on a normal day. I think it is safe to assume that, like other animals, when stressed, they would eat more than what they eat on a normal day.

Monkeys kept in a zoo or some kind of captivity are usually fed 0.5 - 1 mg of ascorbate/kg/day. That equals roughly 40-80g of ascorbate a day.

I am just aiming to stay around 8g of vitamin C a day. If I wanted to get this from kiwis, limes, and other citrus fruits, I would have to eat a ridiculous amount of them. I don't think I would have an appetite for so much of anything, let alone fruits.

I know doctors, both conventional and alternate, propose massive doses of ascorbate. Initially, I thought that it was a way for them to push their products. But when monkeys in the wild eat the same amount, I need to do it as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you also answer my question regarding DE and coconut oil? Also any recommendations for bitters?

RE: James, how do you take these remedies? - fullset - 08-07-2014 03:43 AM

(08-05-2014 07:46 PM)fullset Wrote:  Thanks Stan for your reply.

Regarding vitamin C, it would be almost impossible to get the amounts that I want to take. Putting aside all debates about synthetic vs natural forms of vitamin and minerals, the bottom line remains, that we are severely deficient in vitamin C.

Out of all the species that have inhabited our beautiful planet, I think only 4 or 5 species do not produce their own vitamin C. This unfortunately includes us, other primates, bats, guinea pigs, and may be a few others. Since we are supposed to be very similar to primates, it is easy to make comparisons with them.

Please review the following paper:

http://beyond-belief.org.uk/sites/beyond-belief.org.uk/files/kmilton_micronutrient.pdf

A primate weighing around my weight (170 lb) eats 6-8g of vitamin C a day, and this is just on a normal day. I think it is safe to assume that, like other animals, when stressed, they would eat more than what they eat on a normal day.

Monkeys kept in a zoo or some kind of captivity are usually fed 0.5 - 1 mg of ascorbate/kg/day. That equals roughly 40-80g of ascorbate a day.

I am just aiming to stay around 8g of vitamin C a day. If I wanted to get this from kiwis, limes, and other citrus fruits, I would have to eat a ridiculous amount of them. I don't think I would have an appetite for so much of anything, let alone fruits.

I know doctors, both conventional and alternate, propose massive doses of ascorbate. Initially, I thought that it was a way for them to push their products. But when monkeys in the wild eat the same amount, I need to do it as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you also answer my question regarding DE and coconut oil? Also any recommendations for bitters?

Actually I'm not sure of the captivity number. I'll have to look at it again.

RE: James, how do you take these remedies? - hidden_cow - 08-13-2014 07:36 PM

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents...
As far as the vitamin C goes- Stanley is spot on with those fruits as a natural source.

Alternatively:
Amla berry powder is probably the next best bet. It has a very high natural vitamin C content, and is very stable from what I understand. It could be mixed with water, blended in with a smoothie, put into an empty capsule, etc.

I've heard ( I think from James ) that liposomal vitamin C may not be wise since the process turns a normally water soluble vitamin into a fat soluble one. I'm not very versed in the subject, but it is an interesting idea, I will agree on that.

As for the NAC, I believe it's best taken on an empty stomach, as larger proteins can compete for absorption.

RE: James, how do you take these remedies? - fullset - 08-14-2014 03:59 PM

Thanks I wii look into amla powder.

Still I need something for bitters to improve liver health. Any recommendations? How do you take them?

And oil? When do you take it ie mins before meal or how long after?

DE?

Thanks

Fullset
http://www.mountainmistbotanicals.com/formulas/liver.htm

Is this any good?

Are all this herbs good?

Are the claims too tall?

Is this "james approved"
Sorry, just saw mountain mist botanicals on james' signature.